Allure Of The Seas 9-5-21

Cocptca

Just an FYI for this sailing. I had a 1:30 - 2:00 check-in for my various COVID-19 protocols. Flew in the day of, arrived around 9am, I had the RCI transfer service setup, we left at about 11:00 from MCO, arrived at about noon and was able to board right away after going through several protocols of course. Point is we didn’t have to wait until 1:30. 
Also they announced we have about 2300 passengers onboard.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cocptca said:

Just an FYI for this sailing. I had a 1:30 - 2:00 check-in for my various COVID-19 protocols. Flew in the day of, arrived around 9am, I had the RCI transfer service setup, we left at about 11:00 from MCO, arrived at about noon and was able to board right away after going through several protocols of course. Point is we didn’t have to wait until 1:30. 
Also they announced we have about 2300 passengers onboard.

Just curious:  Who is "they" who announced that there are 2300?  I have read 5 different numbers today, all from people on board who said "I was told..................."

• Like 1

Also, unlimited dinning package went off without an issue. I had all my restaurants and times, went to the specialty desk, and everything was entered. A couple of times was altered because they didn’t have that slot available, may have been off 30 minutes from what I wanted, no major issue at all. Unlimited drink package is working like it should lol. Everything is going great, formal pictures were great and now we’re just relaxing on this sea day. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Just curious:  Who is "they" who announced that there are 2300?  I have read 5 different numbers today, all from people on board who said "I was told..................."

Same! Ive seen almost everything from 2100-2500. We are on next week!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, glentally said:

That's not being on a cruise. I will unfortunately cancel my April cruise if that is still the rule. 

These comments add so much to the discussions, you know the protocols before you board. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

These comments add so much to the discussions, you know the protocols before you board. 

Dawg, I simply asked a question and gave a mild opinion once I found out. I just got off numerous planes in the last 4 months and the masks are so annoying. They can't be doing too much good because the minute I got off no one in the bars and restaurants in the airport or out traveling are wearing them.  I would feel like I was on a Hospital Ship!  Enjoy your cruise everyone.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I believe the Windjammer is not open for dinner? Have they relaxed the dress code in the main dining room? Even though I know they often don't turn away passengers in shorts at the MD I feel more comfortable wearing them to the WJ for dinner.

1 hour ago, glentally said:

Dawg, I simply asked a question and gave a mild opinion once I found out. I just got off numerous planes in the last 4 months and the masks are so annoying. They can't be doing too much good because the minute I got off no one in the bars and restaurants in the airport or out traveling are wearing them.  I would feel like I was on a Hospital Ship!  Enjoy your cruise everyone.  

I sailed on Celebrity this AUG 1, no masks, it was great, I agree, I hate'em too.  Sorry to come across like I did...

We are going with extended family on Royal in less than 2 weeks, the Allure, we booked it because of younger folks going...I am biting the bullet on the mask inside thing, I'll be drinking a LOT, hopefully that will help with NOT having to wear the mask.  

I have been telling my Wife that I will not be the one complaining about masks inside when I have to wear one...trying to stay positive.  We have 8 going in 4 cabins...

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 5

Masks have not been an issue at all on the cruise, then again we don’t have an issue wearing them. We have not been in the main dinning room because of the dinning package, but I dress down even in the specialty restaurants, as do others. 

• Like 1