Email with link for test purchase

cbfb

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Summit® for your 4-Night Western Caribbean cruise departing September 30, 2021, from Miami, Florida. Before we set sail, we would like to provide an additional reminder that Celebrity Cruises has established enhanced COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.  

As of September 13, 2021, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within two days of boarding the vessel. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.  

Unvaccinated children between the ages of two and eleven years old will be required to bring a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. These guests will have an additional PCR test at the terminal prior to embarkation and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately. Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered.

For your convenience we have partnered with an authorized medical provider to offer home-test kits for vaccinated guests. This testing option is now available to purchase on their website here and can be delivered to your home in two days to make your testing process quick and seamless. For more information regarding our testing requirements visit our Healthy at Sea web page here. Guests arriving at the terminal without a negative COVID-19 test result may be denied boarding.  

We apologize for any inconvenience. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.  

Sincerely, 
Celebrity Cruises

• Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, cbfb said:

As of September 13, 2021, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test at the time of embarkation.

Huh?  What's up with that date?  That's been true for many weeks now.  Am I missing something?

Properly done, this

As of September 13, 2021, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within two days of boarding the vessel. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.  

would instead have been written as

As of September 13, 2021, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test, conducted within two days of boarding the vessel, at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within two days of boarding the vessel. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.  

That would have properly tied the new date to the 2 day requirement, rather than the need for testing in general, which has been around for some time now.

• Like 1

I'm on a cruise on 10/8 (as well as 11/3).  So far, neither has test requirements, but I full expect the 10/8 email to come soon.  I'd really appreciate it if people here who buy the tests (FYI a 2 kit of Abbott is about 24.00 without proctoring, so that seems like a good price) report back on how easy it is to schedule the test.  My fear is that I buy it, and can't get an appointment in time for the cruise.  Thanks!!!

9 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I'm on a cruise on 10/8 (as well as 11/3).  So far, neither has test requirements, but I full expect the 10/8 email to come soon.  I'd really appreciate it if people here who buy the tests (FYI a 2 kit of Abbott is about 24.00 without proctoring, so that seems like a good price) report back on how easy it is to schedule the test.  My fear is that I buy it, and can't get an appointment in time for the cruise.  Thanks!!!

There is no appointment for the proctored test. You just connect and wait until you get a proctor. 

• Like 1

For any fellow Canadians I have written to enquire if a Canadian IP address can register to use this.  We are spending a few days pre cruise in Florida and will need to re test there as our flight test will no longer be valid.  I’ll report back what I hear.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

For any fellow Canadians I have written to enquire if a Canadian IP address can register to use this.  We are spending a few days pre cruise in Florida and will need to re test there as our flight test will no longer be valid.  I’ll report back what I hear.  

I'll be interested in hearing what they have to say. I suspect that getting them to mail the kits to you at your Airbnb on the correct dates might be more of an issue than IP addresses. 

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'll be interested in hearing what they have to say. I suspect that getting them to mail the kits to you at your Airbnb on the correct dates might be more of an issue than IP addresses. 

I would ask our host for an address that could be used securely, or rent a P.O. Box.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

Any idea how many days prior to Sailing this will be sent out?

Our cruise is on the 17th and we have yet to receive this email. Luckily it was posted here and we were able to order our test. 

Thank you, cbfb for sharing 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, qoap24 said:

Our cruise is on the 17th and we have yet to receive this email. Luckily it was posted here and we were able to order our test. 

Thank you, cbfb for sharing 

I’m glad it helped you out. 

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

2 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I would ask our host for an address that could be used securely, or rent a P.O. Box.  

Why not order to your home address well in advance of sailing, then pack the tests and bring them with you in your carry-on bag.  If ordered 30ish days prior to sailing the product should have more than ample shelf life to be stored/saved until you actually travel. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

15 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Why not order to your home address well in advance of sailing, then pack the tests and bring them with you in your carry-on bag.  If ordered 30ish days prior to sailing the product should have more than ample shelf life to be stored/saved until you actually travel. 

Ships within the US only. @Josie201 and I are both Canadian residents.

• Like 2

There is nothing special about the link Celebrity provided. Optum has been selling these for a while in a 2 and 3 pack version (see link below). Same prices as via the Celebrity link. You can also purchase from eMed or through the Navica app, but only in a 6 pack for $150.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

If you want to avoid a slight risk, buy an extra kit. The reason is that once in a while a test will show an invalid result and you'd have to do another test. I have no idea how often that occurs.

Note also that the test kits being sent out have a shelf life of just one year, and the ones I just received today and others have reported getting were manufactured in February 2021. They actually have an October 2021 expiration date on them, but Abbott has said the shelf life has since been determined to be a year.

Edited by publicpersona
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, abbydancer said:

The tests without telehealth support are not approved for travel clearance to include cruise and international flights as you will need to make certain you order the kit that is proctored with support.