Cancelling after final.payment

Cruising January 2nd. Final payment is due early October.

I understand that if we cancel after final payment but before 48 hours of sailing time we can get a credit that must be used within 12 months. The credit doesn't work for us it is difficult to book vacation less than a year out.

if Royal changes Covid protocols after final payment and we are no longer eligible to cruise can we get a refund instead of a credit?

We have mixed dose vaccines so currently aren't eligible to cruise (that regulation though doesn't currently extend to January) but boosters may be an option.

Let's say in November they extend the fully vacced requirement into January and we still don't have a booster can we get a refund?

Cancel your cruise before final payment. There are too many variables that could prevent you from cruising to make the risk of losing money worth it.  I don't think anyone here can answer your question as things change day by day. It is best to call the cruise line and get the answer from them.  I would also imagine that being fully vaccinated will be mandatory into the distant future.

Edited by Iamcruzin

3 hours ago, StevenClarkNB said:

Thanks, this is what I had heard but couldn't find it in writing in the Royal site

Of course  the refund would be best but another option is you can move your deposit to another cruise you have booked or a new booking as far out as the schedule goes when you make your decision.

3 hours ago, StevenClarkNB said:

Thanks, this is what I had heard but couldn't find it in writing in the Royal site

Just be aware that it's the current rule, but could change. They've been doing it for a few months, but since it's not officially part of CWC they could stop it at any time. You'll have to decide on your own whether the risk is acceptable to you. 

59 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Does voucher require you to sail within 12 months or just make a new booking by then?  If the latter you can push your sailing date back another year or so.

Sail by date.