Edge/Apex Sunset Veranda Floor Plan

dunedinmaiden

Hello All,

I would love your experience/comments regarding your preference  of having the bed closer to the bathroom or closer to the balcony.  Part of me thinks it would be nice to sit on the sofa and have a closer aft view (by the balcony).  However, I'm concerned it may be tight access to the wardrobe when it's next to the bed.

Thanks, in advance, for your opinions/input!

We were in Stateroom 10273 on the Edge last month.   It's a sunset veranda with the bed next to the closet.  The bed was close to the closet but we were able to get things without it being too much of a hassle.  We liked the open space between the bed and the veranda and would not hesitate to book this room again.

FYI, here's a video my husband took of our stateroom so you can see the distance between the bed and closet.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Agree with OP and video. We had the SV Cabin 731, same setup and never a problem, last week, 9/4-11. Very Long walk from Elevators. Understand why, because these are at the Ships Aft. ~170 steps or a little more if you have any walking problems. No shortcut that we could find. These are the only few real balconies left. No noise even though we were above Eden below on Deck 5 & 6. No door slamming, noise ever. Don't think there were any others close by. If there were, never seen or heard them. Very eerie. LOL

Almost forgot. Ask Cabin Stewart for lounges and he will bring them. They did fit on our balcony even with the 2 chairs and table. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

Edited by Oxo
Added lounges
  • Like 2

SV 8323 on Apex.  The room was very long and there was about 3ft space between the end of the sofa and the windows. We said it was a shame they couldn’t shift the bed down a bit to provide more space between the side of the bed and the wardrobe. 

95E44B72-8CCA-43CD-A3AB-2F72ED28993B.jpeg

7EFEBB5F-9AFD-453F-B586-F77136140082.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Panzano said:

We were in Stateroom 10273 on the Edge last month.   It's a sunset veranda with the bed next to the closet.  The bed was close to the closet but we were able to get things without it being too much of a hassle.  We liked the open space between the bed and the veranda and would not hesitate to book this room again.

FYI, here's a video my husband took of our stateroom so you can see the distance between the bed and closet.  

Thank you, so kind of you to post this video!

• 4 weeks later...

Great details thanks!

Have booked an Edge SV #7315 for Feb '24 (yes, such a looong way off) but it gives us enough info to whet our appetites for that time frame.😉

Edited by lara h

10 hours ago, lara h said:

Great details thanks!

Have booked an Edge SV #7315 for Feb '24 (yes, such a looong way off) but it gives us enough info to whet our appetites for that time frame.😉

We’ve  booked 8314 for Feb ‘24…a B2B, very excited, are you on the GBR cruise? 
Cathy

I have been in both 9309 and 10271 on Edge...both with bed by the balcony.  I like to be as close to the ocean as I can be!  Actually, it's so that I have more room to move around near the closet.  I also look for that set-up on the S Class ships.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We’ve  booked 8314 for Feb ‘24…a B2B, very excited, are you on the GBR cruise? 
Cathy

We are doing the Great Barrier Reef cruise, Sydney to Sydney; pretty close to home.

From my Nov 2019  review of Sunset Veranda,,EDGE

Trying something new this time around.  We have a middle Sunset Veranda, deck 7, dead on midships.  Cabin is really great.  It is much larger than the IV,  and has  a huge outside balcony.  We had a brand new sun lounger delivered for the balcony, and brought in one of the uncomfy EDGE seats for extra inside seating.  We have the bed by the balcony...but where the IV would be,  we have  nice added indoor space adjacent to the balcony doors.  Cabin has real drapes that  can be opened or closed and  the most Amazing view.  It is one of the nicest cabins we have ever  experienced

A few downsides  to the aft location are:  you can feel ship movement quite a bit,  can feel and hear engine vibration but not terrible, and  there is somtimes noise from the adjacent balconies ( not as sound proof as the Infinite Veranda ) There is a looong  distance to the elevators,  but  we are taking  the long walks  as a positive, getting our daily walking in...

20191116_094642.thumb.jpg.4e57c642a814cbf2b95e620c4d703042.jpg

20191116_094613.thumb.jpg.6a417909106a8407b647de82aa5df46b.jpg

Sunset Veranda cabin plenty of room..between bed and balc door. We liked the bed location.

By comparison,  when we had the AQ Class IV,  the bed was right next to the indoor veranda! We kept the IV  doors open.,made it a bit easier for dh to get out of the bed.,but it was tight!    For  an IV cabin, rec bed by bath.

8 hours ago, lara h said:

We are doing the Great Barrier Reef cruise, Sydney to Sydney; pretty close to home.

That’s the one we’re on too, plus the following one to Tasmania with an overnight in Hobart. Hoping the overnight in Cairns will allow us to get in a good snorkeling excursion and maybe even a dive for DH.  We’ll be flying to Sydney for this from Queenstown after a few weeks in NZ with our DS, DDIL and granddaughter who we haven’t seen in person since Jan 2020! 
Cathy

2 hours ago, hcat said:

From my Nov 2019  review of Sunset Veranda,,EDGE

Trying something new this time around.  We have a middle Sunset Veranda, deck 7, dead on midships.  Cabin is really great.  It is much larger than the IV,  and has  a huge outside balcony.  We had a brand new sun lounger delivered for the balcony, and brought in one of the uncomfy EDGE seats for extra inside seating.  We have the bed by the balcony...but where the IV would be,  we have  nice added indoor space adjacent to the balcony doors.  Cabin has real drapes that  can be opened or closed and  the most Amazing view.  It is one of the nicest cabins we have ever  experienced

A few downsides  to the aft location are:  you can feel ship movement quite a bit,  can feel and hear engine vibration but not terrible, and  there is somtimes noise from the adjacent balconies ( not as sound proof as the Infinite Veranda ) There is a looong  distance to the elevators,  but  we are taking  the long walks  as a positive, getting our daily walking in...

20191116_094642.thumb.jpg.4e57c642a814cbf2b95e620c4d703042.jpg

20191116_094613.thumb.jpg.6a417909106a8407b647de82aa5df46b.jpg

Hi Hcat...Thanks for your pics......(edited, see below).   We're in 7312 next June for one of our B2B.  I think this cabin is also 7312?

Edited by Oceangoer2
I thought there were 2 posts free standing in front of the door...I see now it's an illusion and blends into the chair frame..LOL.

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Hi Hcat...Thanks for your pics.......just noticed the long and the short posts on the verandah in front of the door....what is their purpose or what are they supporting?  We're in 7312 next June for one of our B2B.  I think this cabin is also 7312?

I think we had 7312..middle,  no idea about those posts.  There was a way to access the next door balc..We did not....very noisy  neighbors! We had great aft views...am, all day and at night.  There was a small overhang which gave a bit if shade,

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

I think we had 7312..middle,  no idea about those posts.  There was a way to access the next door balc..We did not....very noisy  neighbors! We had great aft views...am, all day and at night.  There was a small overhang which gave a bit if shade,

I edited this post probably while you were responding.  The posts were an illusion blending with the metal on the chair.  Your 2019 review I found while researching the cabin for its pros or cons, indicated you were in 7312.  You were quite positive about it. Keeping an eye out for a higher deck SV however so the transition from deck 11 (1st cruise cabin) and the 2nd week will be closer.  I know these cabins go quickly (booked a year out) so not much hope of a change happening.