VISTA DECK PLANS - CONCIERGE LEVEL

WESTEAST

6 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

In reviewing the deck plans online, it appears that some of the Concierge Levels have a larger veranda (extended) - are our eyes deceiving us? Specifically, A1 on Deck 9 & 10, A2 on Deck 8 and A3 on Deck 7. 

Apparently, the popularity of the O Class extended B3 balconies influenced some design decisions.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm going too colorblind to detect the different hues on the deck plan, but it seems to me that the higher categories of A1, A2 etc are at the ends of the ship, mostly aft.  Usually they are in the middle.

Anybody else notice this?

8 minutes ago, wcc19 said:

Maybe I'm going too colorblind to detect the different hues on the deck plan, but it seems to me that the higher categories of A1, A2 etc are at the ends of the ship, mostly aft.  Usually they are in the middle.

It's not that you're colorblind, the colors are too close together. They definitely need more distinctive colors between the levels in each category. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wcc19 said:

Yes, we noticed this as well. We usually take an A1 or A2 for it's mid-ship location. Deck 9 seems to have good selection of A2 level mid-ship and the Lounge is on this deck as well.

20 minutes ago, wcc19 said:

Now really confused as my TA has just given me a bunch of those mid deck 9 cabins as A1, not A2 as shown in the deck plan.

So somebody is confused - the O deck plan or my TA.

maybe the deck plans were wrongly marked & being corrected ?

usually the A1 are midship as you noted before

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

maybe the deck plans were wrongly marked & being corrected ?

usually the A1 are midship as you noted before

I think shifting the A1 cabins to the aft section is to take advantage of the extended balconies.  We love them.  Used to be B3 on the older ships, but I think Oceania finally realized they were being undermarketed.

5 minutes ago, thunderbird56 said:

I think Oceania finally realized they were being undermarketed.

Difference of $7100 CAD per stateroom for a future Vista 22 day cruise (B3 to A1). Even with the added Concierge amenities, it doesn't make sense for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Difference of $7100 CAD per stateroom for a future Vista 22 day cruise (B3 to A1). Even with the added Concierge amenities, it doesn't make sense for us.

I can certainly understand that. The success of Oceania's market strategy will hang on being able to fill those cabins.  Since this is a new ship I think the excitement will help them fill everything, but long term there may be adjustments.  We can only hope!

• Like 1

which are the best concierge class cabins on oceania vista. realize this a new ship. i like they have extended balconies. have not cruised with oceania before. i am used to cabins on celebrity and i am used to knowing the best cabins(bigger balconies etc) currently booked an a1 on deck10? please help. need advice. cruise critic members always know.

1 hour ago, tuxedo said:

a1 on deck10

This is a new ship not even built yet so we are all guessing from artists renderings.

important to note there is not a lot of price difference between adjacent categories - eg A1 and A2

A1 stern could have extended balcony and may be worth the $ - now A1 1092 to 1059 I don’t see a lot of difference to A2 1029 - 1008 in fact why not take the A3 just more forward - - - so all this depends on where you want to be and your beliefs and sensitivity to motion. Do you want to be more off the water? The cabin, amenities and service will be identical

40 minutes ago, KatieBelle said:

Correct me if my color detection is awry.  I am thinking that the forward extended balconies on deck 7 are indeed A3 staterooms. 

I agree - 7008 and 7009 would be my choices IF they are like Marina And Riviera. The drawing leads you to wonder though if they are cut away.