Millennium 11/11 Will it stop at Grand Cayman

BubbaBoat

I'm thinking of booking the 11/11 4 nighter out of FLL to Grand Cayman and back but I'm very concerned that it's going to be cancelled.  In reading Grand Cayman travel restrictions it outlines a 5 day quarantine.  That doesn't sound good for cruisers.  Before I call Celebrity to listen to their schtick, I'd rather reach out to y'all to see if any of you have received official word.

My wife is going on a girls week to Monterey so I thought I'd hop on a boat for 4 nights and pamper myself.

Thanks to those of you in the know.

21 minutes ago, BubbaBoat said:

I'm thinking of booking the 11/11 4 nighter out of FLL to Grand Cayman and back but I'm very concerned that it's going to be cancelled.  In reading Grand Cayman travel restrictions it outlines a 5 day quarantine.  That doesn't sound good for cruisers.  Before I call Celebrity to listen to their schtick, I'd rather reach out to y'all to see if any of you have received official word.

My wife is going on a girls week to Monterey so I thought I'd hop on a boat for 4 nights and pamper myself.

Thanks to those of you in the know.

If it doesn’t is it a deal breaker for you?  Gonna be a fluid call.

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLIES! Well thenI guess it's just going to cruise around the ocean, if at all.  It's still on Celebrity's site and available to book.  I was hoping to find a 4 nighter headed somewhere so I could hit the workout, hit the spa, and unwind with a cocktail or two...Hopping off the ship at one port would have been more than sufficient.  I'll keep searching

• Like 1

1 hour ago, go.without.you said:

I'm on the Equinox 11/19 and they still have Grand Cayman on the itinerary. If they know we aren't going, why don't they update the port info? I've been to Grand Cayman many times and really don't care if we go or not, just would like to know.

They are probably still considering alternatives, and won't make a change in itinerary announcement until such time as they have decided.

Cayman Compass today now reports 8 cases of community transmission, 3 of them in Year 6 students. Border reopening plans on hold for remainder of year. They had been scheduled to go to Stage 4 with no 5 day quarantine for securely verified vaccinated travelers Oct 14. This week they had 3 securely verified vaccinated test positive on day 5 of their quarantine. They're raising quarantine time to 7 days for securely verified vaccinated (10 days for other vaccinated, and 14 days for unvaccinated).

I don't think this cruise will be cancelled. But they will almost certainly do an itinerary change. If you care about going to Grand Cayman, I wouldn't book. If you just want to go on the cruise and don't care where it stops, then it's probably fine to book.

I'm on that sailing and am just sitting tight. It's not going to Grand Cayman, but I doubt it will cancel. The timing is perfect for me (other factors going on there), and the price was good (and just got better).