Promenade view vs interior on Voyager

LDB2016

My husband and I prefer PR cabins to insides.  We've stayed in both.  PR cabins are larger and a plus was the bed placement.  Inside cabins have the bed headboard opposite the door so that the end corner of the bed practically touches the corners of the desk/sofa.  

We never encountered annoying noise in PR cabins.

First picture is Promenade.  Second is Interior.  Tight fit. You can see there is no room to walk around the bed.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/sites/default/files/articles/royal-promenade-stateroom.jpg

Liberty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Details

Edited by BonTexasNY

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

My husband and I prefer PR cabins to insides.  We've stayed in both.  PR cabins are larger and a plus was the bed placement.  Inside cabins have the bed headboard opposite the door so that the end corner of the bed practically touches the corners of the desk/sofa.  

First picture is Promenade.  Second is Interior.  Tight fit. You can see there is no room to walk around the bed.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/sites/default/files/articles/royal-promenade-stateroom.jpg

Liberty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Details

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

When we use to do inside cabins we always had the beds separated. No squeezing  in on the wall side(s) to get in the bed. 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:50 AM, FionaMG said:

Are you talking about the hazy pic of my in-laws?

They did actually have some sort of very noticeable noise to the extent that it interfered with sleeping. They spoke to GS who sent someone round to investigate who agreed that the noise was present and unacceptable but could not identify what it was or where it was coming from, so they moved them to a balcony cabin on the opposite side of the corridor.

The noise was not the sort you would associate with parades or music or anything like that but I suppose it could have been some sort of electronic noise generated by the speaker.

sorry for the delay, yes i was. That fuzzy grey box directly underneath them in that photo is a speaker.

Promenade rooms are an excellent compromise between the claustrophobic interior and the usually much higher priced balconies. And ,contrary to previous posters response , If you book a midship you will have a great view of the promenade and can definitely enjoy the parades from your room if that is what you wish.

Also note , I have twice booked promenade rooms at cheaper than interior. Gotta watch prices a lot for that one , but it happens more than you think

Happy travels

On 9/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, UPNYGuy said:

sorry for the delay, yes i was. That fuzzy grey box directly underneath them in that photo is a speaker.

That's very interesting. I wonder if that was the source of their unidentified noise. Thanks for the info.

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, ladycody said:

Fiona....that cabin above the British pub looks like exactly where I'm at on the explorer.  I selected it intentionally because I thought it was cute and would be more appealing to look at than a storefront...but how loud is loud? 🤪

That was exactly why I picked it too.

It was loud enough to keep me awake.

However, even after the music from the pub stopped, I could still hear very faint music with quite heavy bass that went on very late - well after 2 am - and I have no idea where that could have been coming from, given that there are cabins above and below and no other venues with live music playing that late. I wondered if it might have been seeping through from some crew area because it sounded a bit like partying.

31 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

That was exactly why I picked it too.

It was loud enough to keep me awake.

However, even after the music from the pub stopped, I could still hear very faint music with quite heavy bass that went on very late - well after 2 am - and I have no idea where that could have been coming from, given that there are cabins above and below and no other venues with live music playing that late. I wondered if it might have been seeping through from some crew area because it sounded a bit like partying.

I got sound in my PR cabin and had to turn off the speakers for announcements. The button to turn off the low sound coming is is next to the plug ins over the desk. ..turn off the announcements and the piped in sound all the time goes away. Worked for me.

• Thanks 1