NCL HAVEN + SPA PASS

Disneycruzluver58

10 hours ago, Disneycruzluver58 said:

If in the Haven, is getting the spa pass worth it? On the Encore.

You know, everyone has a different thought on this.  I will give you mine.  I have stayed in the Haven Spa Suite on the Getaway.  It was one floor below the Haven courtyard.  I did not find this an issue where some do.  I only share this because when you have the Haven or normal Spa suite, you get the Thermal Spa as an amenity.  The Thermal spa is GREAT.  The spa itself is lovely however it is the tiled heated lounge chairs that are the best.  Restricted to 16 and over.  I also got the spa package on the Celebrity Equinox for an extra fee.  Same feeling.

On to your question, for a couple and the cost which is about $200.00 per person, I would absolutely do the Thermal Spa especially on the Encore or Bliss.  The Joy does not have one.  If budget is an issue, then you have to look at this closer.  My routine would be to take my ipad to read a book, get a heated lounge chair, look at the views and time would pass while I was relaxing. 

I hope that helps.

You will have a hard time using both as much as you want.  The Haven on Encore is very big and very nice.  Same goes for the thermal spa.  I would stick to one or the other, but that's a personal choice.  If my cabin was an inside or OV I would definitely get the spa pass.  In the Haven, not so much.

• Like 1

We always get a spa pass. We have been in regular Haven rooms and Have Spa rooms. 

wrt Haven Spa rooms, they are not in the Haven complex. That being said, over half of the Haven rooms are not in the Haven complex.  So for us, it is not a big deal (that some people make it). 

• Like 1

Thank you for your replys! We have always gotten the spa passes but with being in the Haven for the 1st time, I was thinking we would utilize their hot tubs and amenities and may not get our money's worth by getting the passes. I'm just excited to be cruising again and being in the Haven for the 1st time! 

• Like 1

For us, it depends on when we travel. When we travel in winter out of NYC, our local home port, we always purchase spa passes as we typically book an aft suite which does not come with the passes. 

In summer, we don’t bother. The Haven amenities suffice. 

Can’t go wrong either way!

Mary

On 9/18/2021 at 8:50 AM, Phil265 said:

Why wouldn‘t it be worth it just because you are staying in the Haven? 

You already have the more limited access experience that the SPA has to offer. We even made a comment at times that we could have just as easily when to the Haven pool, hot tub, or top deck hot tubs.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:38 PM, Disneycruzluver58 said:

If in the Haven, is getting the spa pass worth it? On the Encore.

I just did it last week (simply because when I moved to the Haven I saved over $1000 vs my original planned cruise with Disney).

I will say that the big benefit of having the Spa Pass was to make us slow down more, not be in search of something to do, and just relax more. I will say most days after the SPA we then went to the Hot Tubs on the top deck afterwards.

I don't think we would do it again but it was nice to have on this specific cruise to reinforce relaxation and calm as opposed to being in the hustle of the ship.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, J0Y0US said:

You already have the more limited access experience that the SPA has to offer. We even made a comment at times that we could have just as easily when to the Haven pool, hot tub, or top deck hot tubs.

I just did it last week (simply because when I moved to the Haven I saved over $1000 vs my original planned cruise with Disney).

I will say that the big benefit of having the Spa Pass was to make us slow down more, not be in search of something to do, and just relax more. I will say most days after the SPA we then went to the Hot Tubs on the top deck afterwards.

I don't think we would do it again but it was nice to have on this specific cruise to reinforce relaxation and calm as opposed to being in the hustle of the ship.

What was the cost of the pass for the week? We've always done the Spa Balcony cabins so I'm not sure of the rates. I called and the person from NCL had said it was $498 per person?? I'm thinking she was mistaken and that's for 2.

Just now, Disneycruzluver58 said:

What was the cost of the pass for the week? We've always done the Spa Balcony cabins so I'm not sure of the rates. I called and the person from NCL had said it was $498 per person?? I'm thinking she was mistaken and that's for 2.

$249 / person if you pre-book its $269 / person once on the ship.

34 minutes ago, Disneycruzluver58 said:

Another question if you don't mind, was there an area in the theater for Haven guests and did you still need to make reservations?  Thank you again!

I made a reservation but they would also help you out if you didn't. Its dead easy when you board to just open up the app and book the shows though. If not they say just stop by the concierge. 

We did sit in the Haven area even though we booked separately as well. Got there probably 5 mins early and had a seat. We didn't go down with everyone who I think met up.