Price Change

frankh1969

11 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Can confirm that they call it fluid pricing Booked in June 21 for October on Iona thought I got a good price only to find went down £250 36 hours later emailed  p and o no chance of any refund . 

The price drop policy tends to be an American thing, on the flip side would you have been happy if the cruise price went up, as they can and do and P&O sent you a bill for the extra?

• Like 4

Been with p and o for 21years never happened although remember fuel surcharges were always talked about being added. I remember only once in 2003 our second cruise 3 months after booking they gave us £500 extra  obc as a refund as the prices had been reduced that much. Never happened again but prices in real terms are fair if you book early .First ever cruise in 2001 on Aurora was £3200  inside 14 nights to the med .Wonder in real terms what that is today ? 

55 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Been with p and o for 21years never happened although remember fuel surcharges were always talked about being added. 

We have paid fuel surcharges in the past, I wonder whether P&O have cottoned on to adding a surcharge for the increase in gas prices for Iona?😉

27 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have paid fuel surcharges in the past, I wonder whether P&O have cottoned on to adding a surcharge for the increase in gas prices for Iona?😉

Is the LPG Iona uses the same as the stuff that comes out of our domestic supply? Carnival will have already contracted for years in advance, hopefully.

One possible option whilst they are currently allow transferring of bookings at no cost is to:

1.  Transfer to another booking of similar price;

2.  Then transfer that booking back to your original one!

Cheeky, but I did it for our forthcoming Ventura cruise.  It messed the TA about, but at that time they still owed me a refund from a earlier transfer (which btw they still owe) so I don't feel particularly guilty.  All within the current no fee to transfer policy, so like I said maybe a bit cheeky, but above board.

Of course you are at the mercy of fluid pricing, so the price could move upwards again.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Is the LPG Iona uses the same as the stuff that comes out of our domestic supply? Carnival will have already contracted for years in advance, hopefully.

Purely for accuracy, it is LNG as opposed to LPG. It is Liquified Natural Gas but not sure where it comes from so a good question!

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

The gas Iona uses is LNG so basically it is the same as our domestic supply. Most fuel gases are derived from crude oil or natural gas, some are by-products some not. As you say prices are contracted but that doesn't always stop businesses using a shortage as an excuse to inflate prices, albeit my comment was very tongue in cheek stranger things have happened..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Britboys said:

Purely for accuracy, it is LNG as opposed to LPG. It is Liquified Natural Gas but not sure where it comes from so a good question!

When making petroleum products Liquid petroleum gas (LPG) is a by product .

The LNG gas is brought over by ship to refuel Iona from Holland .

• Thanks 2