La La Land
Bohemian Rhapsody
Black Panther
Moulin Rouge
Knives Out
Emma

• Like 2

Seemed to be all repeats last month.   But also so 

tons of in roo. Movies available more than I remember sorry this thing won’t let me type anything correctly 

m y  in r o o mo iviesv 

Hundreds on demand 

• Like 1

Worst movies at sea selection I have encountered on our Sky Princess seacation, all roughly 2 years old. Incidentally they were usually shown at such a low volume they were basically a backdrop, especially during the day when pool deck was crowded.

I medallion apped guest services who said they would sort it out but to no avail.

Usually on Carnival, Disney & RCL you get films about the same time as they are released to streaming sites or for DVD, which is about 3-6 months after cinema release.

Our choice was;

Big

Devil wears Prada

Tenet

Bohemian Rhapsody

The Martian

Ad Astra

Knives Out

Also a few concert films (I can only recall UB40 & Rolling Stones)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Remember very few movies have been released in the past year so you will encounter less New Releases because they don’t exist.

Of course there’s not as many as there usually is but there are several to choose from. Maybe they had other things on their mind and weren’t thinking of new movies?  Hopefully they will purchase some now.

21 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Remember very few movies have been released in the past year so you will encounter less New Releases because they don’t exist.

Despite there being no cinemas open due to the pandemic there has been plenty of major movies released albeit direct to the Film companies' own streaming sites. 

Disney+ , Warner Brothers' HBO Max & Netflix have premiered films which should have been in cinemas, many of these could have been shown onboard as I can't see film companies turning down an additional revenue stream.

It would be interesting to know what other cruise lines are showing at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Over Land & Sea said:

Despite there being no cinemas open due to the pandemic there has been plenty of major movies released albeit direct to the Film companies' own streaming sites. 

Disney+ , Warner Brothers' HBO Max & Netflix have premiered films which should have been in cinemas, many of these could have been shown onboard as I can't see film companies turning down an additional revenue stream.

It would be interesting to know what other cruise lines are showing at the moment.

If flying recently on Delta is any indication of what’s out there for licensing, it’s not much. 
https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/inflight-entertainment/current-movies

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Over Land & Sea said:

John Heald announced the ones Carnival ships are showing since last week and through October:

Cruella
F9 Fast & Furious
Hocus Pocus
In the Heights
Maleficent Mistress of Evil
Nomadland
Raya and the Last Dragon
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins
The Boss Baby: Family Business
The Invisible Man

• Like 1

18 hours ago, geoherb said:

John Heald announced the ones Carnival ships are showing since last week and through October:

Cruella
F9 Fast & Furious
Hocus Pocus
In the Heights
Maleficent Mistress of Evil
Nomadland
Raya and the Last Dragon
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins
The Boss Baby: Family Business
The Invisible Man

Not too much difference timewise to pre pandemic delays, at least Carnival don't seem to be skimping on their movies budget.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JEH said:

Any chance the Tina Turner Concert will be shown ? I'm  a longtime  Princess cruiser and it's  been shown it seems  on every cruise   I've  been on.

One of our favorites!  Saw it on our first Princess Cruise almost 20 years ago and still talk about it.

19 hours ago, JEH said:

Any chance the Tina Turner Concert will be shown ? I'm  a longtime  Princess cruiser and it's  been shown it seems  on every cruise   I've  been on.

Only noted UB40 & the Stones, there was maybe another 2 concert films but I don't recollect who they were. Had they have been Tina Turner I would've been dragged there by the missus!