Do all ships encourage everyone to get up and sing and dance in the main dining rooms?

MrMarc

2 hours ago, outdoors27 said:

So what's the big deal about the dinner entertainment anyways, it's what Carnival does. It's fun and maybe if people don't like it, move on and sail on another line rather than complain, Carnival won't miss you.  

That kind of "entertainment" would be fine for an 8-year old's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's, or even during the Green Eggs and Ham breakfast, but not when someone is trying to enjoy a nice dinner.  And certainly not every evening of the cruise. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, outdoors27 said:

So what's the big deal about the dinner entertainment anyways, it's what Carnival does. It's fun and maybe if people don't like it, move on and sail on another line rather than complain, Carnival won't miss you.  

Because I'm there for dinner, not entertainment (using that term loosely).  The MDRs are short-staffed to begin with, and stopping all service for 10 minutes doesn't make things any better, especially for people with YTD who aren't to dessert yet.

Not to mention I don't need to see their cheesy Gangnam Style dance for an 11th time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, MrMarc said:

Then perhaps the craccinated guests are not required to maintain physical distance on board the ship.uise lines should not claim they are following it.

"Vaccinated guests are not required to maintain physical distance on board the ship." -from the FAQ.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:23 PM, MrMarc said:

I don't think you understand what I am saying, and they do those shows on every line.  Just because I don't personally like them doesn't mean I think they should stop them.

It's been a while since I sailed on a "regular" cruise on Royal, but I NEVER saw them do a dance show in the MDR on that line.  

What other cruise lines do "Show tiiime!" in the MDR like Carnival does?   

Full disclosure:   I don't mind "Show tiiiime"; we think it's kinda endearing and in our experience, the MDR staff seems to enjoy it too.  

I feel if you don't want to abide by the mask rules delay you trip till there are not longer required.

When they start sing and dancing in the MDR we will just put on our mask since we are no longer eating.

I'm concerned about children under the age of 12. at tables with strangers.  Recently there has been cases of COVID-D in children under 12.  If I had kids under 12 and under I won't cruise till it was safe for my children.  

Edited by dhaza

8 hours ago, Pellaz said:

It's been a while since I sailed on a "regular" cruise on Royal, but I NEVER saw them do a dance show in the MDR on that line.  

What other cruise lines do "Show tiiime!" in the MDR like Carnival does?   

Full disclosure:   I don't mind "Show tiiiime"; we think it's kinda endearing and in our experience, the MDR staff seems to enjoy it too.  

The crew was doing MDR singing/dancing on our Liberty of the Seas cruise in 2019.

I enjoy Show Time, myself.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:41 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

That kind of "entertainment" would be fine for an 8-year old's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's, or even during the Green Eggs and Ham breakfast, but not when someone is trying to enjoy a nice dinner.  And certainly not every evening of the cruise. 

Every evening?

I thought it was just one night of the cruise. I could do without it, but I could really do without the magic acts and photographer. 

11 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Every evening?

I thought it was just one night of the cruise. I could do without it, but I could really do without the magic acts and photographer. 

Yes...Every evening, and every cruise.   I do need more photos of my wife and myself with dirty dishes in front of us.

• Haha 1