Bed setup for 4 person stateroom on Oasis of the Seas

acwsmom

Just booked a cruise for Dec on the Oasis of the Seas and decided to save some money and have all four of us (parents & two teenagers) stay in one stateroom. We don't mind squeezing in and would rather spend our money on excursions and fun. Can anyone tell me the bed arrangements for the 3 & 4th people? Photos would be especially appreciated if you have them! If it helps, we opted for a Balcony to make it feel like we have a little extra room and to give people the ability to take a break if they need to step out for a while. But we booked it GTY so we're not 100% sure where we'll be. Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, Barklee said:

You'll have a queen size bed for 2, a couch bed, and a pullman bed that pulls down from the cabin ceiling. Just Google pullman bed Royal Caribbean and you'll find pictures.

Maybe...but can't be 100% counted on !

5 hours ago, Barklee said:

You'll have a queen size bed for 2, a couch bed, and a pullman bed that pulls down from the cabin ceiling. Just Google pullman bed Royal Caribbean and you'll find pictures.

I'm hoping for a double couch bed instead of a pullman. I'm worried about weight limits with a pullman since our kids are definitely not small. Our youngest is a 6' 15 year old boy. He wouldn't mind the pullman as long as he knows its sturdy enough to hold him. 

14 hours ago, john160 said:

I did this once with two preteen girls.  Good lord never again.  Lol. 

I think the balcony rooms all have a pull out double sofa bed.   

Luckily, we all like each other and are used to staying in tight spaces. We like tent camping and always opt for the value hotels at Disney (which = really small rooms) just because we're rarely in our rooms and just need a place to crash at night. But I can see how two preteen girls would be a little much!! 🤣 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jbr5049 said:

Did you price out the Ultra Spacious category? These should have a second "room" which is more like a closet with a drape over the threshold with two bunkbeds.

Agree with the above on trying to get two rooms instead if possible. 

Didn't see that as an option on the Oasis, but I'll definitely check it out.

1 hour ago, acwsmom said:

I'm hoping for a double couch bed instead of a pullman. I'm worried about weight limits with a pullman since our kids are definitely not small. Our youngest is a 6' 15 year old boy. He wouldn't mind the pullman as long as he knows its sturdy enough to hold him. 

Even a sofabed is going to be small for two larger kids of that age. If you even get a pullman it will be short in length for him....weight shouldn't be a problem.

You're better off with 2 inside cabins. For example, the Dec. 19th Oasis sailing in a Balcony guarantee is $3750 for 4, while 2 insides total $3378. More room, privacy, BATHROOMS. That's a vacation. And in my example it's actually less money. I didn't even account for discounts such as over 55 or C&A status. You REALLY, REALLY should price out 2 inside cabins.  

• Like 1

We had three of us in a cabin on Oasis a few years ago, it only had a fold out sofa bed, which I took since I was the smallest (5'2, 120).  Even I thought it wasn't very comfortable so there's no way one person that is 6' tall would be comfortable and definitely not 2 of them in the same bed.  Yikes.  It would be fine for a couple of much younger kids.  

5 hours ago, cured said:

You and your husband could always take the sofa bed and split the queen into 2 twins for the tall boys.

Why would they do that when two inside rooms can be cheaper or the same amount of money?  Why would the adults be in a more uncomfortable bed? Makes no sense. What kind of vacation is it when the parents have to sleep on a sofa bed in order to give their teenage children a bed big enough for them? That's insanity when the solution is to get two rooms which isn't more expensive.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3

Do you have a cabin number or a just a GTY? If you have a cabin number you can call and they can tell you exactly what the bed configuration are. We just did this for a cruise we have next year. My daughter and husband will be traveling with a 9 month old and 3 yr old. We need to make sure there was a sofa bed and not a pullman as he is a wild sleeper and will fall out. They looked up the cabin number and told us exactly what the accommodations were. 

1 minute ago, john160 said:

Do you have a cabin number or a just a GTY? If you have a cabin number you can call and they can tell you exactly what the bed configuration are. We just did this for a cruise we have next year. My daughter and husband will be traveling with a 9 month old and 3 yr old. We need to make sure there was a sofa bed and not a pullman as he is a wild sleeper and will fall out. They looked up the cabin number and told us exactly what the accommodations were. 

They booked a balcony guarantee.

8 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

They booked a balcony guarantee.

I guess I should have re-read the original post instead of trying to remember from yesterday. In that case, it's a crap-shoot 

Edited by john160