First cocktail on board

lbfluffy

I am so excited to be on a cruise in a little over a week. It’s a short 3 day on the Majestic. We have missed traveling. We went to Lake Tahoe over the summer which was fun.  Any suggestions for my first cocktail? I can not drink tequila. I read someone mentioned a Midori Colada which sounds yummy. I would love to see what others like. I’m not much of a drinker, but I plan to enjoy a few on this trip. I’m not driving! 

• Haha 1

I also can not drink tequila, however, I love a good Mai Tai and Princess does make them. Just make sure that they make it the "Classic" way. Apparently, there is another way which I really do not care for. I only know this because on our first Princess cruise, I ordered a Mai Tai and it was terrible! I asked the bartender about it and he quizzed me. He then proceeded to make me one the "Classic" way and it was wonderful!

Mind you, this first Princess cruise was on the Golden in 2003.

• Like 2

Limoncello and Gin Cocktail - Recipe below in case they don't know how to make it.  Can be made without the fresh Thyme.  Refreshing and oh so yummy!!

• 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 50 ml Gin of choice (I prefer Tanqueray but that's me)
  • 25 ml Limoncello
  • Half lime (freshly squeezed lime juice to taste)
  • tonic
  • ice cubes
  • INSTRUCTIONS - In a high ball glass lightly crush the sprigs the thyme in your hand and add to the glass. Top up with ice cubes.
  • Add the Gin and Limoncello along with a fresh squeeze of lime to taste. Stir together. Top up with the tonic. Garnish with a lemon wedge and sprig of thyme and serve.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

I always love the "Ultimate Mai Tai".....it's on the drink menu at the aft bar, and available anywhere.

https://vimeo.com/245212133

Oh my gosh!! Where have you been all my life! Been on 30 cruises and have yet to try that.  That'll be my first drink on my next cruise!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, florence11 said:

I like a frozen pina colada mmmm I know my holiday has started 🍹

I'm with you!!  The only difference I get a floater of dark rum and it makes a huge difference.  My other thought was an Espresso Martini.  Does Enchanted have a bar where they make "handcrafted" cocktails?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I always love the "Ultimate Mai Tai".....it's on the drink menu at the aft bar, and available anywhere.

https://vimeo.com/245212133

@CineGraphic I appreciate the effort, however, a REAL MAI TAI IS NOT a Mai Tai WITHOUT the Meyer's Rum!!!!!!!!! This is critical and why I returned the first one I received!

• Like 2

Only throwing this out there because it hasn't been mentioned (and there are some great options above), but as an old fan of the show you've got to love the Isaac!

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2015/02/Princess-Debuts-Love-Boat-Inspired-Cocktail.html

Can't say it is my first drink as I usually drain the beers out of my mini fridge while unpacking, but if our room isn't ready when we board anything goes!

We also enjoy a good Lava Flow if you like frozen drinks or a volcano, but many of the bars don't know what they are. 🍺 Cheers!

Edited by Renophi
  • Like 2