Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - Oct 6 - 10 2021...

sid_9169

Pixel II XL going down for a charge. Pixel 3 XL coming back out... The safe is still broken, so I'm just hiding all my valuables. I figure that they don't have the time to rummage through everybody's stuff with all the work they have to do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Okay, the app works again, and they "found" my money, but now my reservation for Pink Agave has disappeared... As well, when I went to The Wake this morning, my reservation didn't show up there either. It's absolutely clear that they have a LONG WAY to go when it comes to technology. Maybe they could hire Saint Greg to fix all this crap...

I think you could just show up at any restaurant of your choosing and tell them their app is completely messed up.  It doesn't look like any of the places are getting hammered.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, venicecruiser said:

I've been enjoying reading about your experiences and seeing your great photos!  I might be the only person, but I am not impressed with the ship's decor or all the cutesy 'Sailor" references.  Keep in mind I am not as young as you, Sid.  Food does look incredible, though!

The food and beverages look amazing, but the decor looks like the designers were channeling Dr. Seuss while shopping  at a Scandinavian furniture store.

I'm not sure why they would use "A" for port and "Z" for starboard.  Are they afraid that their "sailors" wouldn't understand the nautical terms?  

I guess I'm an old gal and don't need or care for the cutesy gimmicky stuff.  On the other hand I'm sure plenty of other people will like it and VV is trying to set themselves apart from the other cruise lines.  

I actually don't care about the decor of a ship that much as long as the cruise takes me to ports that I haven't been to before.  

And I do appreciate Sid giving us a first hand look at the Virgin Lady.  It is interesting to see it up close and kind of personal like.  

Thanks Sid, glad you're doing this live review.  Now...please go have some fun and maybe take a nap this afternoon so you can take us to some parties tonight.  I have a feeling this ship comes alive around midnight.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

I’m liking the look of the ship in general, but there’s a few design elements that will give me the worst case of vertigo if I saw them in person, Razzle Dazzle being the most extreme example. I get a headache just looking at the pictures of that restaurant.

Are they doing any solo meet-ups? Or will they be doing them once we’re past COVID-19? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

For some reason my body refuses to let me have more than a sip of alcohol without getting sick. I wish I could get away with drinking even a couple of Sid’s drinks 😢

You just need to find the *right* alcohol, my brother can only drink vodka and tonic, whereas that’s the one drink I have to be careful of. Anything made from corn is dodgy for me, I can’t even contemplate Smirnoff vodka no matter how much it was distilled. 

• Like 1