Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - Oct 6 - 10 2021...

sid_9169

19 hours ago, LibraryLaura said:

Thanks for this @sid_9169. I wonder...what will you do differently next time? Things you did that you wouldn't necessarily do again or stuff you missed that you wish you'd tried?

I plan on hitting the dining venues that I wasn't able to on my initial four night sailing... Test Kitchen for example... Also, diving deeper into the menu at the Dock House, and checking out the Champagne Bar...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2022 at 7:01 AM, sid_9169 said:

I plan on hitting the dining venues that I wasn't able to on my initial four night sailing... Test Kitchen for example... Also, diving deeper into the menu at the Dock House, and checking out the Champagne Bar...

The Dock House was, hands down, my favourite place on the ship! I think you should do the upcharge Tomahawk Steak at The Wake - that was MAMMOTH!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I got to experience the Maiden voyage of the Scarlet Lady through your travels. Happy you stuck with it and finally got to live this great experience and even happier that the hassles leading up to it were diminished by your experience onboard. I had friends who went through cancellations (though not sure they had as many as you!) as well - with their credits they were able to upgrade to the smallest of the Rockstar cabins. They were completely blown away! I'll be curious as to how your experience on the upcoming cruise differs from this one....hoping some of the kinks have been worked out (App issues, customer service issues pre-cruise!) and wondering if sailing at full capacity will change things! 

Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 2:47 PM, MistyRo76 said:

Glad I got to experience the Maiden voyage of the Scarlet Lady through your travels. Happy you stuck with it and finally got to live this great experience and even happier that the hassles leading up to it were diminished by your experience onboard. I had friends who went through cancellations (though not sure they had as many as you!) as well - with their credits they were able to upgrade to the smallest of the Rockstar cabins. They were completely blown away! I'll be curious as to how your experience on the upcoming cruise differs from this one....hoping some of the kinks have been worked out (App issues, customer service issues pre-cruise!) and wondering if sailing at full capacity will change things! 

Thanks for sharing! 

Thanks for reading, and tune in here in 54 days to find out what's improved or gotten worse... 

Screenshot_20220403-144634.png

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 4:41 PM, sid_9169 said:

On February 27th 2020, the Virgin Voyages app finally became available… Many thought it would never be released, and there was no communication from the cruise line itself. I found out about it right here on the Cruise Critic message board. I was able to begin my check-in process immediately upon logging in. I chose my port check-in time, from the options available.  The earliest time slot was 2:00 pm, so that’s the time I went with. From what I understand, their debarkation process will be more “relaxed” than the other lines, who try to get you off the ship as soon as possible… 

Another part of the check-in process requires you to “take a selfie”, which for some, is probably among their favorite things to do. For me? Not so much… You are also asked to take a picture of your passport, as well as enter your emergency contact info. There’s another section that asks about your travel plans prior to and after the sailing. Interestingly, I entered my flight information, and it thought I was flying to Birmingham Alabama… I guess there’s still a few bugs to work out in the system. Finally, comes the section where they present to you the “cruise contract”, which I wish there was a version of online, as trying to read all of this legal gobbledygoop on a tiny phone screen is quite tedious… Basically, you just click “agree” and hope that none of the bad stuff you signed on for never happens. 

I wish that there was a way to just do all this stuff online, rather than through a phone app. To be honest, the app is the one thing that excites me the least about the entire Virgin Voyages experience so far... Apparently, this will be the only way to accomplish many of the things that are normally done online. I’m not sure how older people, who don’t have smartphones, will be able to do their online check-in, as well as many of the on board features that will require the app. 

And it is my least favorite thing on Carnival now...I don't want to carry my phone and now my readers to everywhere on the ship!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Someone "resurrected" this thread, so I figured I would add it's been almost exactly a year now since my first Virgin Voyages cruise... Another back to back over the spring, and another booked for next May... I can't wait to be back on board!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2021 at 9:14 AM, JandPB said:

What a great trip. After all is said and done was it worth the hassles pre-cruise? I am intrigued by VV now. I think this could be for us. Thanks for doing this. Hope the trip home is uneventful. 

Wrong post. Sorry. 

Edited by MeganGC1983

On 10/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, Wildcatllamas said:

I'm doing a Princess cruise next week. But I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about this cruise. I think I will miss Virgin a lot.

I decided to book a Princess cruise next. I guess I’ll be in the same “boat” as you are. Lol