Offers for my adult kids not me!

helene109

So bummed my adult kids room qualify for Cheers and my husband and I don’t! We have sailed more than they have. We all were just on the Mardi Gras in August. Maybe a chance it still might appear. My friends were on a cruise 2 years ago and gambled a lot and they get Cheers and their rate is 1/2 of mine but I know they gambled $3,000! Just bummed my kids get Cheers oh well thinking positive as this one is for May.

You can still buy CHEERS, just not the discount.  These offers go out randomly.  Unless in the past you've spent over the breakeven point for CHEERS daily rate or total cruise rate, you could be spending more getting CHEERS with the discount than just paying with S&S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helene109 said:

So bummed my adult kids room qualify for Cheers and my husband and I don’t! We have sailed more than they have. We all were just on the Mardi Gras in August. Maybe a chance it still might appear. My friends were on a cruise 2 years ago and gambled a lot and they get Cheers and their rate is 1/2 of mine but I know they gambled $3,000! Just bummed my kids get Cheers oh well thinking positive as this one is for May.

Offers come and go.  It is always possible that you missed seeing one unless you check online daily.

• Like 1

Just now, crewsweeper said:

You can still buy CHEERS, just not the discount.  These offers go out randomly.  Unless in the past you've spent over the breakeven point for CHEERS daily rate or total cruise rate, you could be spending more getting CHEERS with the discount than just paying with S&S.

Yes checking the rates and offers daily. Mine is $200 lower and I have $200 obc!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Yes we are in May. They are in a room and my husband and I are in an adjoining cove balcony. 

Could you switch up the room bookings so one kid was in each cabin for the Cheers and then switch back once on board?

Edited by Earthworm Jim

28 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Could you switch up the room bookings so one kid was in each cabin for the Cheers and then switch back once on board?

My thoughts as well - if "gaming" the system nets you an advantage, go for it !!

Tom

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, groundloop said:

We see this too, our daughter has only cruised once in the past and she gets far better offers than we do.  Carnival knows they don't need to lure us with great deals because we're hooked.

It is odd isn’t it. We are hooked too!

8 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Yes exactly!!! We really want Cheers!!

Cheryl and I both have the RU9 (joke) offer for Cheers. Our 29 year old gets either the RU1 or RU2 (can't recall). He might have a couple drinks per cruise. We might have a few a day (still not a large number). Carnival knows this!!

Tom

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Cheryl and I both have the RU9 (joke) offer for Cheers. Our 29 year old gets either the RU1 or RU2 (can't recall). He might have a couple drinks per cruise. We might have a few a day (still not a large number). Carnival knows this!!

Tom

No idea how they pick and choose. We always buy Cheers. My daughter got the cheers offer in August too. Hers was RU1. It is so worth it as my husband loves his sugar free energy drinks. This 1is 8days ugh might have to buy some discount carnival gift cards.