Temporary vs permanent changes on p&o

Vampiress88

Both the warm ‘nibbles’ and the peanuts have vanished from the Crows Nest in the evening - I doubt the ‘bean counters’ will allow them back.

Also the drinks coasters have vanished, which as well as meaning the condensation drips on you, means that the system the drinks waiters used by putting one down as a marker that you didn’t want a drink, now means you constantly get asked if you do.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, picsa said:

Both the warm ‘nibbles’ and the peanuts have vanished from the Crows Nest in the evening - I doubt the ‘bean counters’ will allow them back.

Also the drinks coasters have vanished, which as well as meaning the condensation drips on you, means that the system the drinks waiters used by putting one down as a marker that you didn’t want a drink, now means you constantly get asked if you do.

I remember reports a few years ago testing free bar snacks, a large number of samples had excreta in them 🤢

19 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I remember reports a few years ago testing free bar snacks, a large number of samples had excreta in them 🤢

And those same tests revealed that the TV remote control in the room has more germs than the toilet seat; and frankly every other surface touched by anyone.

• Like 1

Biggest difference we noticed on Britannia staycation (and it was big) was having to book everything online on your phone

Seats for shows. 

Tables for meals

We were then put in online queues for the meals etc

Seemed a hassle at first but it used to it. And it wouldnt bother me if it had to continue. 

But I imagine it would bother lots of others 

7 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Another change was apart from embarkation we never saw our cabin cleaner at all

As I was in the bathroom when he  briefly introduced himself to my OH, I didn't see the steward at all.  We are used to having a laugh and some banter with them.

Another thing we missed was seeing Officers all decked out in white, walking round the ship.  It made it all  seem special  somehow, wondering who they were etc.  It was just nice seeing them around, and 

gave confidence somehow.  The Captain had announced they wouldn't be out and about with the passengers  (covid)

2 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Biggest difference we noticed on Britannia staycation (and it was big) was having to book everything online on your phone

Seats for shows. 

Tables for meals

We were then put in online queues for the meals etc

Seemed a hassle at first but it used to it. And it wouldnt bother me if it had to continue. 

But I imagine it would bother lots of others 

Whilst I can perhaps see a benefit in keeping this system on the larger ships, I cannot see a reason for doing so on Aurora and Arcadia post Covid. If they did, it would be another reason for me to choose to cruise with another line.

21 hours ago, Billish said:

Yup, those free nibbles on the pub counter are a major danger !

LOL,I remember our pub on a Sunday lunchtime,roast spuds,whelks and cockles on the bar with all the blokes diving in with their fingers.That practise was barred years ago thank god but at the time we didn't know any different.

33 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LOL,I remember our pub on a Sunday lunchtime,roast spuds,whelks and cockles on the bar with all the blokes diving in with their fingers.That practise was barred years ago thank god but at the time we didn't know any different.

But it also seems that the general populace didn't go down with bugs every five minutes then either...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But it also seems that the general populace didn't go down with bugs every five minutes then either...

True,sepsis and fatal allergies were very rare.Nothing wrong with rolling around in mud and cuts and scrapes as a kid.I got a pussy finger at work and just wrapped it in gaffer tape and carried on,lol.

• Like 1