Temporary vs permanent changes on p&o

Vampiress88

So the kids are looking at iona and they said that they loved the chocolates on the pillows last time, obviously easily impressed, but it got my wondering what changes they will keep and what’s only temporary 

So Will there be a turn down service? Obviously I can live without the little chocolates but I don’t think I could do the Pullman bed every night. 

Will staff still serve us in the buffet? 

I had another one put it’s gone out my head now. Feel free to please add. 

5 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Fridges left empty no mini bar .That's a plus always get it removed 

Definitely a plus for us, we often buy a bottle of local wine ashore to drink on the balcony when we are at sea.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

I loved my staycation cruise, but must say that due too some personal bits missing due to covid protocol, I did miss that 'pampered' feeling.

I don't know which of the changes will stay when we get back to 'normal'.  I hope some things go back to how they used to be pre covid.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Definitely a plus for us, we often buy a bottle of local wine ashore to drink on the balcony when we are at sea.

Tut, tut ! Not allowed,  you will be sent to the naughty step and your wine confiscated until the last night. 

Of course, it all depends on the security at each port..

I stick the bottle down my trousers,  and tell the security guard I am pleased to see him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Charging for cakes with coffee in Costa and charging for continental breakfast room service. All little things but when you add everything up…!

yes That was my other one lol

£2.50 for delivery even though the breakfast is free. 
On a video on iona I watched they said the cakes were still free but the coffee obviously wasn’t. I think they will only give you the cake if you buy the coffee though which is annoying 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

yes That was my other one lol

£2.50 for delivery even though the breakfast is free. 
On a video on iona I watched they said the cakes were still free but the coffee obviously wasn’t. I think they will only give you the cake if you buy the coffee though which is annoying 

The cakes were not free a couple of weeks ago, although someone posted somewhere that they were before 11am, which I can't comment on as it was later when we had coffee there.

15 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

The cakes were not free a couple of weeks ago, although someone posted somewhere that they were before 11am, which I can't comment on as it was later when we had coffee there.

that’s a bit cheeky. Aren’t they just the same ones from the buffet?

10 hours ago, Billish said:

Tut, tut ! Not allowed,  you will be sent to the naughty step and your wine confiscated until the last night. 

Of course, it all depends on the security at each port..

I stick the bottle down my trousers,  and tell the security guard I am pleased to see him.

Never had one taken off us get. I usually put it on the security scanner in my bag that I take ashore to carry things like a thin jumper, spare glasses/sun glasses and things that we buy ashore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Never had one taken off us get. I usually put it on the security scanner in my bag that I take ashore to carry things like a thin jumper, spare glasses/sun glasses and things that we buy ashore.

It  very much depends on who is doing the security.  If it is port security you will be OK, if the check is done by P&O staff as you enter the ship, you may not be so lucky.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought that was always the case?

Me too. I’ve never even thought of asking for a cake on its own. It’s fair enough charging for cakes if you don’t buy a drink. I was just ‘concerned’ that they might now charge for the cake in addition to the drink! 

Cakes are free up till 11am (or it could be 11.30) in costa. Victoria sponge is not free it comes out after a bit later but is nothing like a sponge not like it used to be.  They were doing victoria sponge in Horizon

in the afternoon. The fish and chips at the quays (deck 8) would recommend that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Not allowed. On our last ' Proper ' P&O cruise they had an honesty table to leave the bottles that you purchased ashore. There wasn't much on it.🤔

I believe that the officers luncheon and the embarkation lunch has been stopped for Baltic and above members, understandable during these times but just wondered if they  will be reinstated and will they take their time in reinstating them due to safety concerns,. Just a thought and again understandable . I am just glad we are able to get away, a lot of people will not be able to, due to Covid I would imagine .