Temporary vs permanent changes on p&o

Vampiress88

3 minutes ago, LLOM said:

I believe that the officers luncheon and the embarkation lunch has been stopped for Baltic and above members, understandable during these times but just wondered if they  will be reinstated and will they take their time in reinstating them due to safety concerns,. Just a thought and again understandable . I am just glad we are able to get away, a lot of people will not be able to, due to Covid I would imagine .

Are you saying that only higher levels get access to a main dining room on embark day.It's open to everyone on Princess but they don't broadcast it,lol.

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought that was always the case?

It was always the case that the staff pretended you could only have a cake if you bought a coffee but would give you one (with great reluctance) if you were persistent enough and, for example, asked how much it was to buy a cake - to which the answer was nothing, so hand it over. 

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Just ask for two pieces of fish, I saw several people doing it.

One was fine for lunch, but it was nice. We liked all the dining options on Iona. Something for everyone. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the tagine in the Italian. We have been back 2 weeks on Friday and have just about lost the weight that I put on. Only one piece of fish helped🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No Brian, all passengers have access to the buffet restaurant on embarkation day I am not sure about the MDR ,as I understand they are closed for everyone, they have  in the past used Sindu restaurant for Baltic and above or similar venues for embarkation day ,(usually a buffet) it is one of P&O perks on their loyalty program, other cruise lines have similar perks, all very welcome!! 

2 hours ago, LLOM said:

I believe that the officers luncheon and the embarkation lunch has been stopped for Baltic and above members, understandable during these times but just wondered if they  will be reinstated and will they take their time in reinstating them due to safety concerns,. Just a thought and again understandable . I am just glad we are able to get away, a lot of people will not be able to, due to Covid I would imagine .

Fortunately this is not true. The embarkation lunch has been on every cruise apart from the Maiden and the Peninsular lunch is being held on this Iona cruise. Remember it is only on cruises of 8 days and above.

5 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Not usually. There’s normally a Victoria Sandwich which I’ve never seen in the buffet! 

when we went on azura in May 2019 there wasn’t much choice and it was exactly the same as upstairs. I was just too idle to go up there and we wanted a tea pig. Can’t say I’ll use it much but you just know my kids will ask for it

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Are you saying that only higher levels get access to a main dining room on embark day.It's open to everyone on Princess but they don't broadcast it,lol.

Brian we are talking about the one for suites and higher Peninsular personal. The one with all the free booze.

🥂

Dai

• Like 1

There seems to be a permanent change to the MDR menu choices, removing the ‘local’ item that appeared on the dinner menu (e.g. paella in Valencia, etc.) and replacing it with a vegan option instead. 

Given that the vegan option seems to be either boiled, roasted, or steamed vegetables, I can’t see many non-vegans taking it up, and it does mean the choice on the menu is shortened for non-vegans. 

Edited by picsa

16 minutes ago, gandalf1 said:

THE BEACHOUSE RESTAURANT

Anyone know if this is open on the current Britannia MED 14 day cruise??? and can provide pics of Menu if on Board?

It is open on Iona but as it is now an inclusive not a pay restaurant the menu is dramatically shorter with only three or four main courses including the vegetarian/vegan options.

22 minutes ago, Fitzplumbago said:

As mentioned... The Beach House... Missing the lava rock fillet on the current menu! 

Also, ice cream sundaes in the MDR! 

Hopefully both will be back... 🤞 

thats a shame. My kids like ice cream for pudding in the mdr

As the ships have reduced crew levels at the moment a lot of those missing things are probably due to that especially reduced choice in the restaurants. When do we return to normal? Answer - never, it will be a new different cheaper for Carnival normal. They have to repay the billions they borrowed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

As the ships have reduced crew levels at the moment a lot of those missing things are probably due to that especially reduced choice in the restaurants. When do we return to normal? Answer - never, it will be a new different cheaper for Carnival normal. They have to repay the billions they borrowed.

Unfortunately I tend to agree.

51 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Perhaps they'll make it half board.We could take 7 packed lunches on the staycations.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, gandalf1 said:

THE BEACHOUSE RESTAURANT

Anyone know if this is open on the current Britannia MED 14 day cruise??? and can provide pics of Menu if on Board?

Hello gandalf1,  we are on board Britannia at present and I am not sure whether you are asking the question with regard to this ship or Iona but I have just been to The Beach House and photographed the menu for you. On Britannia there is an extra cover charge but I am not certain of the amount per head (£10??)

I hope this helps 😁

38A649E8-BB19-475A-ADA3-2ECD020AF14C.jpeg

F3F95AB3-A06F-4689-8C5D-5D22161A963B.jpeg

DEE6430E-0129-4CCD-8344-509D46D43B12.jpeg

E18C1FD2-6FC1-4EE1-85DD-233D0EE01E2E.jpeg

4BACC265-9AE5-4414-8755-4644887CE411.jpeg

• Like 1