Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

6 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

If Martin is still the Maitre’D, he will take care of you. Daniel and Auin (this is not spelled right - pronounced aye-oon) were excellent waiters in September.

Martin is indeed the Maitre’D and I’m sure things will improve.   Ayu is fantastic and I will be asking to be seated in her area.  We have known her since she was an Assistant Waiter and had recommended her for a promotion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Valentin53 said:

Jim, first of all I want to thank you for the information and the wonderful photos you post every day. We have reservations for Millennium from 21.02.2022 - 03.03.2022 and Apex from 05.03.2022. I want to ask you, if possible, to ask Guest Relations if it will be possible, before we get off the Millennium, to do an antigen test for the second cruise or not. According to the rules, the test must be 2 days before departure, ie. on 03.03.2022.

I asked and they can arrange for the test for "Side by Side" passengers.    Just stop by Guest Relations or ask for Sean or the current Documentation Officer, as he is the one who arrange the B2B' s  and Tests.   

I also recall reading hers from some guests who had them done for Side By Side cruises.

Maybe others could help that have experience.    I think the most problematic issue is having to leave Millennium at 9:00 and not being able to board until 12:00 or so.    Hopefully they will be able to take your luggage early.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Did you request the kettle?
I know that all cruise ex Southampton have one, but am surprised that it is available from a US port.

We didn't request one.  When we came in our room there were Tea Cups, Tea and Sugar but no Tea Pot.   I was going to ask for one but when we came back from lunch it was sitting there.   Maybe they had to sanitize them between use.

Also our Stateroom Attendant just started working this cruise and there was a bit of crossover but went very smooth.

Iain being British enjoys it, as I'm sure you do.    He brings his own British Strength Teatley with him as they have been out of on the ship as of late.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I believe that the Edge has forward viewing from Eden.  It spirals up and there a nooks to sit in.

They do have a nice viewing area but Eden is fully aft and has a great aft view.  A real treat is there is a nice little nook with outdoor seating with tables outside Eden Cafe (Starboard).    On Port side adjacent to Eden they have a smoking area for those that are disturbed by smoke.    It is full aft so no smoke going forward.

Many complain that there is no real area to look forward.    The Retreat and Retreat Deck have fantastic forward views but of course are restricted.   I believe the Spa (equivalent to Persian Gardens) also have great views).    If I recall the Gym may have some nice views forward also from the treadmills.

Edited by Jim_Iain

6 hours ago, CruiseNYC said:

Loving all the photos and posts.  Thank you, again, for posting and keeping us along with you.

Question:  I must have missed something but did you Move Up or had you pre-booked Retreat for second cruise?

We did a move up bid and had not received an upgrade.   About 2 1/2 days prior to cruise I revised bid and increased it by $10 and must have hit the sweeet spot.    It was about a mid range bid.  

38 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Lots of crew change over and they expect 50% of the staff are complaining their contracts. 

Captain Theo Zakkas took over command yesterday.  

So Capt. Zakkas will probably do the transit thru the Canal. We are on Thanksgiving.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Lots of crew change over and they expect 50% of the staff are complaining their contracts. 

Captain Theo Zakkas took over command yesterday.  

Oh no. 😲  I hope you can get the crew back up to speed before we get there on the 27th.  😉

Thanks for all of your valuable updates.

1 hour ago, FLCruiser97 said:

So Capt. Zakkas will probably do the transit thru the Canal. We are on Thanksgiving.

Yes he will.    He is currently on a "Soft" Quarantine and is not permitted to interact with guests.    I always get a kick out of his "This is the Voice from Above" to begin his daily briefings.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We did a move up bid and had not received an upgrade.   About 2 1/2 days prior to cruise I revised bid and increased it by $10 and must have hit the sweeet spot.    It was about a mid range bid.  

Great info and surprising.  I'm surprised $10 would have made a difference. 

1 minute ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Oh no. 😲  I hope you can get the crew back up to speed before we get there on the 27th.  😉

Thanks for all of your valuable updates.

We have a stateroom attendant,  Marjorie who came out of quarantine yesterday.     She is lovely and I wish I could bottle her enthusiasm and energy.   She is a real treat and came up to speed immediately. 

All of the new crew are experienced, seasoned Celebrity staff and are so excited be back.    Really don't notice any learning curve at all.   Every crew member greet you and many know your name and remember it within a day.     I don't know how they do it. 

Today was the Elite and above Captain's Club Reception.    It was heavily attended and was a fun event.

I got to meet the famous Henrietta.    She is beautiful  and so gentle. 

Bill, who we have known for almost 20 years is top cruiser. 

98E02F2C-3145-4815-B862-B6B6F12363E1.jpeg

E452BFC8-B562-40CB-B66A-52C3339139BB.jpeg

630A547E-FA80-4BD4-8B29-DD6F947B17C7.jpeg

3EABD5CC-1F3D-40F3-8343-4C8F327B30AE.jpeg

AF9FB1B6-00F0-4F9D-9CA8-94501EBFA7BB.jpeg

500579C0-20B5-4134-9E43-35F9717AF00C.jpeg

CC7C9609-C6AA-4A63-9DF2-3F560A51F150.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

As many of you know I try to stay upbeat and try not to be critical but our first night dining experience was problems the 2nd worst experience I have had in 20 years cruising.   

I will chalk it up to first night but will be discussing with the restaurant Manager in hope it improves or we will be going back to Blu. 

Oh no!  I had an excellent meal and fantastic service there last night.  That filet was outstanding.  I suspect I ate a couple of hours earlier than you did, and I'm terribly sorry to hear that everything went downhill later in the evening.

Edit:  I see in a later post you mentioned that you'll request Ayu for the future.  She was my server last night who gave me the fantastic service, so now I understand where the issue arose.

Edited by KAE27

They do have a nice viewing area but Eden is fully aft and has a great aft view.  A real treat is there is a nice little nook with outdoor seating with tables outside Eden Cafe (Starboard).    On Port side adjacent to Eden they have a smoking area for those that are disturbed by smoke.    It is full aft so no smoke going forward.

Many complain that there is no real area to look forward.    The Retreat and Retreat Deck have fantastic forward views but of course are restricted.   I believe the Spa (equivalent to Persian Gardens) also have great views).    If I recall the Gym may have some nice views forward also from the treadmills.

Oops, for some reason I thought it was in front.  Maybe it was because when DH wanted a front view, we couldn't find one, and Eden was closed for an event, so I went to Ocean View, and somehow I morphed Eden being closed to why  we didn't have a front view.

6 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Oops, for some reason I thought it was in front.  Maybe it was because when DH wanted a front view, we couldn't find one, and Eden was closed for an event, so I went to Ocean View, and somehow I morphed Eden being closed to why  we didn't have a front view.

It's funny --   by the shape of the Aft It could be the front of the ship.    I'm sure you enjoyed the spiral walk around between the decks.    So many quiet nooks and crannies to relax and have a quiet ready spot. 

2 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Thanks for all the reports.  Enjoying all the info so much! 

Have I missed pictures from your new sky suite?  I think you mentioned you were moving up to one for the second cruise…….

Thanks for reminding me.   I did shoot some pictures before it got messed up.

• Thanks 1

Sky Suit (accessible) 9117

adjscent to elevator but beneath the stage at pool and can hear base at times. 

On the positive due to being accessible the cabin is about 20% larger than standard SS 

97FB934B-F9D9-4F7C-9D60-88A13D42B2C0.jpeg

C29A41E4-922B-4C97-84CB-AA8C17D5C19F.jpeg

6BF5DF98-519C-495A-9F6E-DF64F75CBB32.jpeg

0C4FF263-61CE-4FD9-8531-5AC67F8C5F83.jpeg

C7622647-3E2B-4CE5-AEE8-26271C488539.jpeg

4B0219FE-742C-4B22-A39F-2D56BEE18EBA.jpeg

E009A533-5BC8-4F10-8DEE-F831C43C3892.jpeg

6263E9E3-60E5-4368-9F63-317662C9CDF7.jpeg

7B98E5C5-09F4-435E-A0C3-BA109AC0EAC2.jpeg

192C8EA9-1BEA-45CF-951F-B66BAEE5358C.jpeg

80E923BD-51BE-42FC-8F75-7D32C4DD27DD.jpeg

A6DCCC71-CF24-4172-A920-47B05955FCA5.jpeg

8FADDA85-17D1-4CC0-AC2A-D6792A978D56.jpeg

one warning.  You have to build a towel dame or water flows all over bathroom. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Today was the Elite and above Captain's Club Reception.    It was heavily attended and was a fun event.

I got to meet the famous Henrietta.    She is beautiful  and so gentle. 

Bill, who we have known for almost 20 years is top cruiser. 

3EABD5CC-1F3D-40F3-8343-4C8F327B30AE.jpeg

CC7C9609-C6AA-4A63-9DF2-3F560A51F150.jpeg

Nice to see Bill again.  He was one of my tablemates for 2018 or 2019 Silhouette TA.  It was the best, liveliest group in all my cruises.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sky Suit (accessible) 9117

adjscent to elevator but beneath the stage at pool and can hear base at times. 

On the positive due to being accessible the cabin is about 20% larger than standard SS 

80E923BD-51BE-42FC-8F75-7D32C4DD27DD.jpeg

I see your chair doesn't fit under the desk either.  When my sister and I go back to the Summit, we're going to move it to the balcony.  With the beds apart, there's no way to get across the room with it there.

• Like 1