Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your looks clean you should see ours.  Which type cabin? 

Our chair has arms on them and won’t fit under desk.   They also added a tea kettle, tray with tea cups etc.  Another failure is one of our closet doors can’t open fully due to end table. 

I see you are a Roku fan. 

Celebrity suite on Summit.  I had mentioned to Retreat concierge how silly all the clutter was and when I came back 5 days later for 9 more days, it had ALL been removed except the coral box.  And all the smelly plants were gone, too.  I fell getting out of that awful bathtub so they gave me the key to a nearby, vacant Aqua cabin for my showers.  Sort of college dorm/summer camp but all good. 😉  It was really sweet of them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I asked and they can arrange for the test for "Side by Side" passengers.    Just stop by Guest Relations or ask for Sean or the current Documentation Officer, as he is the one who arrange the B2B' s  and Tests.   

I also recall reading hers from some guests who had them done for Side By Side cruises.

Maybe others could help that have experience.    I think the most problematic issue is having to leave Millennium at 9:00 and not being able to board until 12:00 or so.    Hopefully they will be able to take your luggage early.

Jim, thank you very much for the answer. I hope that in 4 months the situation will be different and maybe alleviated. Enjoy the cruise for all of us who are still looking forward to our day.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They had Yorkshire Puddings but nothing to go with them

True Yorkshire.

You mentioned that it was a  British food station.

It was always served as a starter in Yorkshire when I came to live here ( brought up in Cardiff, Wales).

My mother-in- law served them with onions and gravy.

My husband had his with sugar.😱

I think it was a remnant from the war years, designed to fill you up, as food had been rationed.

Edited by upwarduk

4 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Celebrity suite on Summit.  I had mentioned to Retreat concierge how silly all the clutter was and when I came back 5 days later for 9 more days, it had ALL been removed except the coral box.  And all the smelly plants were gone, too.  I fell getting out of that awful bathtub so they gave me the key to a nearby, vacant Aqua cabin for my showers.  Sort of college dorm/summer camp but all good. 😉  It was really sweet of them.

On our EDGE cruises, we immediately asked for the dusty  "Hoppen clutter" to be removed.  We had no use for a vase that says it is not made to hold water,  or a sculpture that looks like dead bleached out coral.  The niche for the coral was perfect for a beautiful  flower arrangement .

We also managed to stow a few of the excessive pillows.

Hoppen design reminds us of a dorm room gone bad! Plus awful chairs.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

On our EDGE cruises, we immediately asked for the dusty  "Hoppen clutter" to be removed.  We had no use for a vase that says it is not made to hold water,  or a sculpture that looks like dead bleached out coral.  The niche for the coral was perfect for a beautiful  flower arrangement .

Someone at Celebrity must like the "Hoppen Style", Hoppen will be doing it again on the Beyond.  I wonder if anyone at Celebrity has ever sat on Hoppen designed furniture.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Since the CC reception was at 1:30 we missed lunch so went to OV

They had the Pot Pies at the British Fare Station that have been talked about.   Yum.    Recommended for sure. 
EF2E7E35-0B34-4FFC-89D0-709F41E20DB1.thumb.jpeg.23a9973610ad1885322fae334f0d2f3f.jpeg

4B94E09C-99D4-49BE-B344-47AA24B9E2B6.thumb.jpeg.407f78c760dfcaafe630f5cdea222616.jpeg

9F271759-22EC-4A42-91A3-BF692F576762.thumb.jpeg.98b1c49f62917461ba7d8c89addbea01.jpeg

Boy Oh Boy these really look good!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Today was the Elite and above Captain's Club Reception.    It was heavily attended and was a fun event.

I got to meet the famous Henrietta.    She is beautiful  and so gentle. 

Bill, who we have known for almost 20 years is top cruiser. 

98E02F2C-3145-4815-B862-B6B6F12363E1.jpeg

E452BFC8-B562-40CB-B66A-52C3339139BB.jpeg

630A547E-FA80-4BD4-8B29-DD6F947B17C7.jpeg

3EABD5CC-1F3D-40F3-8343-4C8F327B30AE.jpeg

AF9FB1B6-00F0-4F9D-9CA8-94501EBFA7BB.jpeg

500579C0-20B5-4134-9E43-35F9717AF00C.jpeg

CC7C9609-C6AA-4A63-9DF2-3F560A51F150.jpeg

We really enjoyed meeting you and Iain! And of course, Henrietta loved meeting both of you.  She is looking forward to spending some time on land today.

Dianne

13 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I thought that was the CS.     I just noticed.  We don't have all the bric-a-brac like you experience.   May be more space for others but we have 6 bottles of wine that crew members have sent us, a bottle of champagne in a bucket a teakettle, Ice bucket and water for free and 4 bottles of San Pellegrino.   The only decorative items are a fake Coral and a couple of those little candle holders.  

14 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

I Jim I am  pretty sure I stayed in your cabin years ago when it was just considered a handicapped veranda.

I thought they got rid of the desk chair, guess I was wrong. Also what I will call camping stools at the foot of the bed doesn’t scream suite to me.

Do you know if Bill lives in San Diego now formerly from the Bay Area? 
Again thanks for all the info and pictures.

Norma 

pS it’s been raining off and on here for 2 days, couldn’t be happier.

Hi Norma

Bill is one and the same.    He lives in San Diego now.   He is look a bit frail.  

Around 5:00 AM the Captain started using the fog horn for our entry into the bay.   Looking wet and I guess we are the only ones on the ship are happy to see the rains.    I'm watching the 6:00 AM news and weather on XPIX on my Roku and YouTubeTV.   Looks like a heavy cell will come in over night.  

1 hour ago, CruiseNYC said:

Jim - the cabin is lovely - tchotchkes notwithstanding.  Much, much rather be there than scrunched over double-screen spreadsheets here!

LOL, I have not seen Jim post any spreadsheets, yet!!!

Must be another CC file you are on, currently... LOL

bon voyage

12 hours ago, Valentin53 said:

Jim, thank you very much for the answer. I hope that in 4 months the situation will be different and maybe alleviated. Enjoy the cruise for all of us who are still looking forward to our day.

Hope so.   I have met at least 3-4 Staff that are from Bulgaria and they are so happy to be back to work.

11 hours ago, upwarduk said:

True Yorkshire.

You mentioned that it was a  British food station.

It was always served as a starter in Yorkshire when I came to live here ( brought up in Cardiff, Wales).

My mother-in- law served them with onions and gravy.

My husband had his with sugar.😱

I think it was a remnant from the war years, designed to fill you up, as food had been rationed.

They also had a selection of Trifles yesterday - Chocolate, Raspberry or Bananas.    Good but no way close to Iain's.     

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hcat said:

The removed a lot of that useless "decorative" stuff from The Retreat   

5 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Amused that the tiny table on the balcony has a plant taking up most of the space.

I redecorated.  I moved the Cube over to the End (wow - they are heavy) .    I moved the Café Table where it is accessible  to sit at and put the two lounge tables on the other side.   The Plant is on the table but if we use it move it to the Cube.  

2 hours ago, CruiseNYC said:

Jim - the cabin is lovely - tchotchkes notwithstanding.  Much, much rather be there than scrunched over double-screen spreadsheets here!

LOL --- don't get me started on Spreadsheet's.    In my past life (which seems like decades ago) I had a group of Analysists  and am a rathe Power User of V-Look Up, Macros and Pivot Tables.    NERD TIME.  

I still use excel to keep track of my cruises, MoveUp bids and Credits due from TA's.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL, I have not seen Jim post any spreadsheets, yet!!!

Must be another CC file you are on, currently... LOL

bon voyage

Don't tempt me Bo.   

I use to use a Spreadsheet  CC file counting down when we would hit Zenith.   The only thing it didn't do was do math like Celebrity.    When you go over the Dateline Celebrity gives you and extra day of points.   I guess if you go East you loose a day of points. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hi Norma

Bill is one and the same.    He lives in San Diego now.   He is look a bit frail.  

Around 5:00 AM the Captain started using the fog horn for our entry into the bay.   Looking wet and I guess we are the only ones on the ship are happy to see the rains.    I'm watching the 6:00 AM news and weather on XPIX on my Roku and YouTubeTV.   Looks like a heavy cell will come in over night.  

Count us in on being happy to see the rain too even if it’s going to affect our excursions. We need it so much!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I wanted to point out something that has changed on this cruise.    

They have begun to have 2 shows a day again.    I didn't realize it until I looked at the Daily yesterday. 

I suspect it's due to increased passenger count.  I was talking to a few crew members yesterday who reported the following:

***Warning:  based on conversations with crew and not otherwise verified***  😁

-This is the largest passenger count they've had on the ship since relaunch.

-Deck 11 cabins are available to passengers for the first time.

-Next cruise (Panama Canal transit) will have many more people and be "almost full" (who knows what that means in this context, though).

-Some crew members, such as bartenders, have begun sharing cabins again. 

-People like stateroom attendants are NOT sharing, because if one got sick and they had to quarantine both of them, that would be too big a loss to the customer service (unlike a bartender, I guess).

Edited by KAE27

I'm a bit fragile today so bear with me.    I suffer from migraines but have not had one in 2 years due to prescription meds.   About 4 AM I was awaken by a headache and took my meds but I guess I was too late.   At first I thought I might have come down with Covid as I was sick and then have sweating spells followed by chills.     I finally had to take my injectable meds that knocked me out.   I didn't wake up until 9:45.    

Good news is I'm feeling fine but feel like I was run over by a Mac Truck.  Should be back to normal in a couple hours.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Count us in on being happy to see the rain too even if it’s going to affect our excursions. We need it so much!

We Norther California folks are doing a rain dance while the remainder of the cruisers are sour faced.   Maybe we should have Celebrity put on a Rain Party like they do for the Full Moon. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm a bit fragile today so bear with me.    I suffer from migraines but have not had one in 2 years due to prescription meds.   About 4 AM I was awaken by a headache and took my meds but I guess I was too late.   At first I thought I might have come down with Covid as I was sick and then have sweating spells followed by chills.     I finally had to take my injectable meds that knocked me out.   I didn't wake up until 9:45.    

Good news is I'm feeling fine but feel like I was run over by a Mac Truck.  Should be back to normal in a couple hours.  

Take care and get some rest.

Last night was the 1st Chic night.    They had a Senior Officer's reception in Retreat last night but was at 5:45 and we didn't attend.   A bit too early for us.

I had a quiet word with the Maitre D' and he was very concerned and assured me things would be corrected immediately.   I'm happy to report all is good and we had a wonderful dinner last evening.  

• Thanks 1