Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL --- don't get me started on Spreadsheet's.    In my past life (which seems like decades ago) I had a group of Analysists  and am a rathe Power User of V-Look Up, Macros and Pivot Tables.    NERD TIME.  

I still use excel to keep track of my cruises, MoveUp bids and Credits due from TA's.   

If I could only get personal training from you on pivot tables!

• Like 1

Jim..hope weather clears  and no more migraines.

Are there any triggers you can avoid...?

Wonder if acupuncture  could help or if it is even offered on board?

A former colleague suffered from " optical migraines"  very debilitating and zapped her energy.

Feel better!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Is this SS6132?  We were in 6132 for a B2B starting September 17th, but have booked that Sky Suite on the Millennium in 2017 and its equivalent on other M-class ships as well.  

I am a woman who is five feet tall.  I've never had any problems with that tub, nor have I had problems with the tubs on Celebrity suites.  But I am very flexible.

Yes.  And I have had zero problems with the tub at all, whether it's due to my flexibility or my age or what have you.  I posted that warning only for those who might have more limited mobility and/or difficulties with such a high step.  My impression is that there are many here who would.

Edited by KAE27
  • Like 1

To me one of the most underrated aspects of a Celebrity cruise is the rooftop movies.  We went to the movies on our Alaska cruise several weeks ago, albeit with flannel blankets and layers, and had a blast!  Today I went to see "In The Heights" (terrific!) on the big big big screen and was the only one there.*  Please enjoy my private movie studio for the day.

*Yes, I realize we are docked at one of the great American cities, so I get it.

IMG_1895.jpg

Edited by KAE27

17 minutes ago, KAE27 said:

Yes.  And I have had zero problems with the tub at all, whether it's due to my flexibility or my age or what have you.  I posted that warning only for those who might have more limited mobility and/or difficulties with such a high step.  My impression is that there are many here who would.

Wow, 6132 looks great! Here it is pre-revolution several years ago. Dated?? 

A92334B9-5D46-4C94-BDF4-873C860C831E.png

DAB7B980-E97B-4406-9EF2-8C0A13B88908.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Day 2 

B50EB73A-F3D2-4E87-859B-5FB65B48AC52.thumb.jpeg.9a4bcdd3a3ab8c75d36a328807ce4966.jpeg

78B8CE3D-A7A1-493A-ACFB-3544766816D0.thumb.jpeg.35b5b33cf81b3743cfdf2dbc332524b9.jpeg

Iain had taken a recommendation from Kim to order corn 🌽 Soup from MDR which he said was delicious. 

D941A687-9794-4E7E-919D-BF0DD0D74599.thumb.jpeg.6a6e06acbf261228c18e8b551d76dd13.jpeg

I had the lobster salad

0B40B3C5-EF3D-4297-845B-A5B949F7319F.thumb.jpeg.0dfca4c22095489506464830a2aae658.jpeg

For mains - Iain had a stuffed portobello mushroom and I had Rack of Lamb. 

BF62CB60-330A-4F1F-92B4-09B6B1113890.thumb.jpeg.bb52b40d5c8baa3413b4912e2f38128b.jpeg31ED26CE-A76D-4D14-970E-CEE669C5F36B.thumb.jpeg.0f3db6dfc54de53f9eda0463ed0ce01a.jpeg

Desert 

0C1379E6-0D06-4C8C-B0F8-A7C3914FFB19.thumb.jpeg.306b090b8318af9d5da0b2b9b12bf6ac.jpeg

893C1046-DAE4-4A39-93AE-D7EE1E3F879A.thumb.jpeg.ee0c9555d264b593d295f2dedc56d8a6.jpeg

I had the deconstructed Cheese Cake and Iain had a Baileys 

7F6959E2-06AE-41B3-AE8C-7EE6CDE89ED9.thumb.jpeg.d873a80661868535f90a571e6af49f67.jpeg

Hey Jim. When you see the Hotel Director or Maitre D next I was wondering If there is any word on if/when the menus in Luminae may get a refresh? As you know it gets very repetitive with such a small selection. Thanks. 

Edited by WNcruiser

14 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Wow, 6132 looks great! Here it is pre-revolution several years ago. Dated?? 

A92334B9-5D46-4C94-BDF4-873C860C831E.png

DAB7B980-E97B-4406-9EF2-8C0A13B88908.png

Oh my goodness, yes!  Those curtains!  🤣

I do understand some of the complaints, though.  I note that in your picture the chair fits nicely under the desk.  Since I am here on a working vacation and giving the desk heavy use, it would be great to have a better-fitting chair.  I should also say that breakfast in the suite is...awkward.  But overall I love the look and feel and space of the suite as a "lowest-end" suite space.  

Edited by KAE27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KAE27 said:

........  But overall I love the look and feel and space of the suite as a "lowest-end" suite space.  

Oh dear.  Have you ever seen or visited a SS2?  Stateroom 6132 is so much wider and longer than one of those.  I have a hard time understanding how those SkySuites 2 can ever be described as a "suite."

6 hours ago, KAE27 said:

Oh my goodness, yes!  Those curtains!  🤣

I do understand some of the complaints, though.  I note that in your picture the chair fits nicely under the desk.  Since I am here on a working vacation and giving the desk heavy use, it would be great to have a better-fitting chair.  I should also say that breakfast in the suite is...awkward.  But overall I love the look and feel and space of the suite as a "lowest-end" suite space.  

Looks like a 50s motel room. Glad it was updated

Guess there is something worse than a "Hoppen " decorated rm

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, hcat said:

Jim..hope weather clears  and no more migraines.

Are there any triggers you can avoid...?

Wonder if acupuncture  could help or if it is even offered on board?

A former colleague suffered from " optical migraines"  very debilitating and zapped her energy.

Feel better!

Sorry to hear about the migraines as well. My daughter also suffers from them. Part of her management plan is monthly back massages….and believe it or not….it is helping her ! She rarely gets them now. 
Considering you have a rainy day…you may want to treat yourself !

hope you feel better soon.

Ros 😊 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

CC posted a sticky in red on the Celebrity Board main page

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement/476-october-19-2021-log-in-issues/

I've been struggling with it for about 10 day.    For me I find I can get around it by going in and clearing Cache and then reloading.    Unfortunately it erases cache for all websites.  

I have this occurring on all browsers and on my iPhone    Very frustrating for sure but at least it is a temporary work around 

I also found it does not occur if using Incognito or Private Browser.    Obviously a problem with their cookies.    I have been able to clear cookies for CC only and it seems to resolve for a couple hours. 

I need to log off and login again, clearing cookies doesn't works

6 hours ago, hcat said:

Looks like a 50s motel room. Glad it was updated

Guess there is something worse than a "Hoppen " decorated rm

Not so sure about that.  Yes, an overdose of orange.  But at least the furniture was comfortable and functional.  I spent a lot of time in those rooms and survived.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grandmahoopie said:

Jim I was wondering do you have to book the private journey excursions while onboard?  We will be on the Millie on the 29th of Nov for 10 nights and interested in the PJ.

No!  You can work on your bookings in advance.  We are working on a couple as I type for cruises coming up in a couple of weeks.  It's probably better to do it this way.  Gives the shoreside folks some time to work on it vs. jamming up the onboard planner with last minute requests.

Contact by phone at (844) 571-7851 and then work out the details by email or phone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Not so sure about that.  Yes, an overdose of orange.  But at least the furniture was comfortable and functional.  I spent a lot of time in those rooms and survived.

Nice for the times...So was grandmas house!

I wish they could update with comfort and function and also have  nice decor..

Can't please everyone..and for a week or two most can be happy!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Nice for the times...So was grandmas house!

I wish they could update with comfort and function and also have  nice decor..

Can't please everyone..and for a week or two most can be happy!

I was looking for Mike and Carol Brady 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2