Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

Day 2 

B50EB73A-F3D2-4E87-859B-5FB65B48AC52.thumb.jpeg.9a4bcdd3a3ab8c75d36a328807ce4966.jpeg

78B8CE3D-A7A1-493A-ACFB-3544766816D0.thumb.jpeg.35b5b33cf81b3743cfdf2dbc332524b9.jpeg

Iain had taken a recommendation from Kim to order corn 🌽 Soup from MDR which he said was delicious. 

D941A687-9794-4E7E-919D-BF0DD0D74599.thumb.jpeg.6a6e06acbf261228c18e8b551d76dd13.jpeg

I had the lobster salad

0B40B3C5-EF3D-4297-845B-A5B949F7319F.thumb.jpeg.0dfca4c22095489506464830a2aae658.jpeg

For mains - Iain had a stuffed portobello mushroom and I had Rack of Lamb. 

BF62CB60-330A-4F1F-92B4-09B6B1113890.thumb.jpeg.bb52b40d5c8baa3413b4912e2f38128b.jpeg31ED26CE-A76D-4D14-970E-CEE669C5F36B.thumb.jpeg.0f3db6dfc54de53f9eda0463ed0ce01a.jpeg

Desert 

0C1379E6-0D06-4C8C-B0F8-A7C3914FFB19.thumb.jpeg.306b090b8318af9d5da0b2b9b12bf6ac.jpeg

893C1046-DAE4-4A39-93AE-D7EE1E3F879A.thumb.jpeg.ee0c9555d264b593d295f2dedc56d8a6.jpeg

I had the deconstructed Cheese Cake and Iain had a Baileys 

7F6959E2-06AE-41B3-AE8C-7EE6CDE89ED9.thumb.jpeg.d873a80661868535f90a571e6af49f67.jpeg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, KAE27 said:

I suspect it's due to increased passenger count.  I was talking to a few crew members yesterday who reported the following:

***Warning:  based on conversations with crew and not otherwise verified***  😁

-This is the largest passenger count they've had on the ship since relaunch.

-Deck 11 cabins are available to passengers for the first time.

-Next cruise (Panama Canal transit) will have many more people and be "almost full" (who knows what that means in this context, though).

-Some crew members, such as bartenders, have begun sharing cabins again. 

-People like stateroom attendants are NOT sharing, because if one got sick and they had to quarantine both of them, that would be too big a loss to the customer service (unlike a bartender, I guess).

Our server at Cafe Al Bacio told us that the Panama Canal sailing will have 1600 passengers.  That’s well over 50% capacity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Our server at Cafe Al Bacio told us that the Panama Canal sailing will have 1600 passengers.  That’s well over 50% capacity. 

I heard that.   They say we have 900 on this cruise. 

6 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Dummy booking shows only 2 Sky Suites available

Good chance of last minute cancellations up until sailing.     They say it is a really popular sailing. 

I may be wrong but I believe I heard the CDC will allow up to 70% capacity now.    I don't follow the CDC so not sure if true but the booking numbers seem to support it.  

43 minutes ago, KAE27 said:

I suspect it's due to increased passenger count.  I was talking to a few crew members yesterday who reported the following:

***Warning:  based on conversations with crew and not otherwise verified***  😁

-This is the largest passenger count they've had on the ship since relaunch.

-Deck 11 cabins are available to passengers for the first time.

-Next cruise (Panama Canal transit) will have many more people and be "almost full" (who knows what that means in this context, though).

-Some crew members, such as bartenders, have begun sharing cabins again. 

-People like stateroom attendants are NOT sharing, because if one got sick and they had to quarantine both of them, that would be too big a loss to the customer service (unlike a bartender, I guess).

I wondered about the Cabin Attendants.    I noticed that  across from our cabin a couple of the inside cabin always had their door ajar and the attendants would be seen going in and out.  

The PAX load is definitely higher this cruise than last.   Last cruise was at 675 and this I have been told 900 but I think they keep the exact number private.    We are having lunch with the Hotel Director on our next sea day and I will ask him.  He definitely knows.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DUTRAVEL said:

We really enjoyed meeting you and Iain! And of course, Henrietta loved meeting both of you.  She is looking forward to spending some time on land today.

Dianne

Dianne -

We really enjoyed meeting the 3 of you.   I'm sure you loved Henrietta the first time you met her.   I'm sure she  will enjoy finding a nice patch of fresh green grass. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm a bit fragile today so bear with me.    I suffer from migraines but have not had one in 2 years due to prescription meds.   About 4 AM I was awaken by a headache and took my meds but I guess I was too late.   At first I thought I might have come down with Covid as I was sick and then have sweating spells followed by chills.     I finally had to take my injectable meds that knocked me out.   I didn't wake up until 9:45.    

Good news is I'm feeling fine but feel like I was run over by a Mac Truck.  Should be back to normal in a couple hours.  

So sorry to hear this Jim. I was plagued with migraines for decades (with periods of chronic migraine), so I understand how miserable they are. Two years since your last one sounds pretty hopeful, though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm a bit fragile today so bear with me.    I suffer from migraines but have not had one in 2 years due to prescription meds.   About 4 AM I was awaken by a headache and took my meds but I guess I was too late.   At first I thought I might have come down with Covid as I was sick and then have sweating spells followed by chills.     I finally had to take my injectable meds that knocked me out.   I didn't wake up until 9:45.    

Good news is I'm feeling fine but feel like I was run over by a Mac Truck.  Should be back to normal in a couple hours.  

Empathy from a fellow migraine sufferer.  Fortunately mine have improved greatly with age and retirement (stress reduction), however I now find the weather can cause one.  Hurricanes, tropical storms and extreme weather changes - Boom - headache!  I am wondering if the rain did not contribute to yours.  Hope you are feeling much better by now and enjoying your day and cruise.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm so sorry you've been feeling unwell.  Hope you are on track to recovery today!

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We Norther California folks are doing a rain dance while the remainder of the cruisers are sour faced.   Maybe we should have Celebrity put on a Rain Party like they do for the Full Moon. 

We, your friends from the PNW, welcome the rain, too.  Our wildfires and drought have been horrible.  I had my raincoat all packed and was happy to pull it out today!

4 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

2 hours ago, durangokid said:

Empathy from a fellow migraine sufferer.  Fortunately mine have improved greatly with age and retirement (stress reduction), however I now find the weather can cause one.  Hurricanes, tropical storms and extreme weather changes - Boom - headache!  I am wondering if the rain did not contribute to yours.  Hope you are feeling much better by now and enjoying your day and cruise.

4 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

So sorry to hear this Jim. I was plagued with migraines for decades (with periods of chronic migraine), so I understand how miserable they are. Two years since your last one sounds pretty hopeful, though. 

Thanks.... Sumatriptan has been a godsend.    I think this occurred because I didn't feel it coming on since I was asleep and when I awoke it was too late.  I'm almost back to normal after taking a 2 hour nap.   

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, KAE27 said:

I'm so sorry you've been feeling unwell.  Hope you are on track to recovery today!

We, your friends from the PNW, welcome the rain, too.  Our wildfires and drought have been horrible.  I had my raincoat all packed and was happy to pull it out today!

I'm sure this will help extinguish some of the remaining fires.     The weather has improved for the day and has been dry in most areas  It is expected to rain pretty good overnight and hopefully we will have just showers during the day tomorrow.

I heard many guests were disappointed that their tours were cancelled.  

• Like 1

I’ve been having trouble with CC picking up the entire page when I attempt to reply, it not only can’t be erased, it can’t be posted!  I don’t like this “feature”!

i tried to respond about the low tables you can’t get your knees under.  Assuming they haven’t changed the Equinox iLounge has tables that have a very large drop keeping one from getting close enough to type!  It hard not to forget and crash a knee into it a few times during a session! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I’ve been having trouble with CC picking up the entire page when I attempt to reply, it not only can’t be erased, it can’t be posted!  I don’t like this “feature”!

i tried to respond about the low tables you can’t get your knees under.  Assuming they haven’t changed the Equinox iLounge has tables that have a very large drop keeping one from getting close enough to type!  It hard not to forget and crash a knee into it a few times during a session! 

CC posted a sticky in red on the Celebrity Board main page

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement/476-october-19-2021-log-in-issues/

I've been struggling with it for about 10 day.    For me I find I can get around it by going in and clearing Cache and then reloading.    Unfortunately it erases cache for all websites.  

I have this occurring on all browsers and on my iPhone    Very frustrating for sure but at least it is a temporary work around 

I also found it does not occur if using Incognito or Private Browser.    Obviously a problem with their cookies.    I have been able to clear cookies for CC only and it seems to resolve for a couple hours. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 2:22 PM, KAE27 said:

So that people can see the difference, I’m posting a pic of my bathroom in a non-accessible Sky Suite.  That step into the tub is HUGE.  I’m a woman of average height, and it’s a few inches above my knee.

Also including a pic of the setup with bed facing the balcony, and one of the angled balcony.90C055C8-5435-4B3F-A5AB-2C00E2598778.thumb.jpeg.0a5a5be9b9f260d6ddcdbd72c4bfd3da.jpeg26A6929D-FF86-4E9F-A151-5D5AAE94261B.thumb.jpeg.bf3dfb98c295ec922a46be103f4fc876.jpeg4958C73C-EC1B-46C3-8491-309938957B43.thumb.jpeg.72675899e7fdf583cc8f92fea1ca509c.jpeg

Is this SS6132?  We were in 6132 for a B2B starting September 17th, but have booked that Sky Suite on the Millennium in 2017 and its equivalent on other M-class ships as well.  

I am a woman who is five feet tall.  I've never had any problems with that tub, nor have I had problems with the tubs on Celebrity suites.  But I am very flexible.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, abbydancer said:

I see your chair doesn't fit under the desk either.  When my sister and I go back to the Summit, we're going to move it to the balcony.  With the beds apart, there's no way to get across the room with it there.

we had our beds apart as well (too small to share the blankets lol 😉   our cabin attendant kindly took the chair away, cabin space was much better without that useless chair lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm a bit fragile today so bear with me.    I suffer from migraines but have not had one in 2 years due to prescription meds.   ....

Hope you will be feeling better soon.  I have a sister-in-law who suffered from serious migraines for years but as she became older the frequency and intensity declined significantly.

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

CC posted a sticky in red on the Celebrity Board main page

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement/476-october-19-2021-log-in-issues/

I've been struggling with it for about 10 day.    For me I find I can get around it by going in and clearing Cache and then reloading.    Unfortunately it erases cache for all websites.  

I have this occurring on all browsers and on my iPhone    Very frustrating for sure but at least it is a temporary work around 

I also found it does not occur if using Incognito or Private Browser.    Obviously a problem with their cookies.    I have been able to clear cookies for CC only and it seems to resolve for a couple hours. 

this was the first time I couldn’t clear it on an iPad!  There aren’t as many clearing options that don’t clear way too much.   Rebooting has worked with shorter times than this time too!   

Theres a lot written about signing in and I’ve seen some of that but I eventually get around most of that!   

im using VPN instead of complete incognito .  I used to know how to do browser private sessions I’ve forgotten which browser though.  But then I remember being able to find specific cookies and delete just those!   I understand that these newer “features” are supposed to make my like simpler:  they haven’t for years! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Is this SS6132?  We were in 6132 for a B2B starting September 17th, but have booked that Sky Suite on the Millennium in 2017 and its equivalent on other M-class ships as well.  

I am a woman who is five feet tall.  I've never had any problems with that tub, nor have I had problems with the tubs on Celebrity suites.  But I am very flexible.

i have one knee that doesn’t bent as well as I’d like but currently, I’m worried about balance!  If I fall I cannot get up!  At least not when I fall on both knees!   So if you see someone scooting down the hall, to the stairs (half dressed) please know I’m trying to get to the steps where I’m able to get up on my own!  That Rick doesn’t work well in the basement, at home though!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1