Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

4 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

id like to vote that they use tracelets on tours!   I’m not sure they’d work there but I can imagine going on a tour and not being around over half the people long enough to warrant being a contact.  That way the whole bus load might have a chance of not being considered contact quarantinable!    Of course it’s possible that they might not work there either…. 

Yes of course, definitely a possible maybe

Jim, thank you so much for the Blu menus and photos! We will be enjoying Blu in another month! We will probably wish that we booked longer than a 4 day to start back to cruising, but we do have a 9 day on the Apex for December.

We really appreciate that you take time out of your cruise to enlighten us landlubbers anxious to sail the seas again!

1 hour ago, WineandRoseLady said:

Hi,

We're joining you tomorrow! Thank you for the live reports!

I see the daily planners you've posted suggest long-sleeved shirts for men for Smart Casual. The Celebrity website defines it as short-sleeved.  What are you seeing in the evenings? Thanks!

Kim

Both short and long sleeve shirts are acceptable and worn by most men.   On smart casual I have seen everything from T-Shirts to Collar and Tie.  

1 hour ago, Maggie North said:

Jim, thank you so much for the Blu menus and photos! We will be enjoying Blu in another month! We will probably wish that we booked longer than a 4 day to start back to cruising, but we do have a 9 day on the Apex for December.

We really appreciate that you take time out of your cruise to enlighten us landlubbers anxious to sail the seas again!

You will enjoy for sure.   Even though 4 days is short it will give you confidence in returning to cruising.    That is really what is important that we become what may be the new normal.    I would have no qualms booking another cruise.    Our cruises have given us confidence that we will be safe and enjoy what we love most.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You will enjoy for sure.   Even though 4 days is short it will give you confidence in returning to cruising.    That is really what is important that we become what may be the new normal.    I would have no qualms booking another cruise.    Our cruises have given us confidence that we will be safe and enjoy what we love most.  

That’s wonderful to hear! Certainly looking forward to reading your reports on the second leg of your cruise! Enjoy!

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

....I

Most meeting have been eliminated or curtailed due to covid.    They discontinued CC meet and greet for 2021 and supposedly Friends of Bill and Friends of Dorthy.    There have been neither on Millennium but I noticed on Equinox they had both Friends of Bill and Dorthy every night, so my be ship dependent also. 

Life has been busy here so haven't read your blog for at least three day and am just getting caught up.  

I wonder if the Millennium has discontinued some of these meetings because the conference room is being used for the testing center.  May be more options on a larger ship such as the Equinox.

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I asked and they said that Celebrity usually has religious services during holiday periods or when their is a Priest or Rabi aboard that volunteers to do services.   It sounded like a canned answer.   Guest relations said that during holiday period they often give Rabi's and Priests that are offering to do services a comp room. 

Maybe others can relay their experiences on other ships. 

Most meeting have been eliminated or curtailed due to covid.    They discontinued CC meet and greet for 2021 and supposedly Friends of Bill and Friends of Dorthy.    There have been neither on Millennium but I noticed on Equinox they had both Friends of Bill and Dorthy every night, so my be ship dependent also. 

Thanks, Jim.  The first response does not make sense, but your take (highlighted) does.  I bet that's it.

Thanks for taking some time for your trip to investigate for me!

- Joel

3 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Life has been busy here so haven't read your blog for at least three day and am just getting caught up.  

I wonder if the Millennium has discontinued some of these meetings because the conference room is being used for the testing center.  May be more options on a larger ship such as the Equinox.

It could be the reason.   Also we have a LARGE (about 60% of the ship) GROUP which may have impacted this cruise.   I will be kind and say I will not be sad to see them leave the ship tomorrow. 

They have only been using one of the conference rooms for Covid Testing and only once every 7 day for crew and one a cruise for B2B.    It does remain closed up with a BIO HAZARD SIGN on the door at all times.   

When we had our B2B meeting it was in an adjacent conference room with a connecting door and once done with the B2B meeting we just walked next door for our test. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAE27 said:

Chilly and gray today in San Diego, but it's still lovely to be here.  I'm watching the Disney Wonder from my hotel room.  Get out of the way, mouse-ship!

Same here!  It was great to see a cruise ship again!  Do you know if that is where the Millennium will dock tomorrow?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It could be the reason.   Also we have a LARGE (about 60% of the ship) GROUP which may have impacted this cruise.   I will be kind and say I will not be sad to see them leave the ship tomorrow. 

They have only been using one of the conference rooms for Covid Testing and only once every 7 day for crew and one a cruise for B2B.    It does remain closed up with a BIO HAZARD SIGN on the door at all times.   

When we had our B2B meeting it was in an adjacent conference room with a connecting door and once done with the B2B meeting we just walked next door for our test. 

When we did our B2B meeting in September we were in the old Quisine restaurant venue for the meeting, Sean, the same documentation officer you had, moved us down (two elevator loads) to the conference room being used for testing.  Wonder what was going on in the other conference room.

11 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

When we did our B2B meeting in September we were in the old Quisine restaurant venue for the meeting, Sean, the same documentation officer you had, moved us down (two elevator loads) to the conference room being used for testing.  Wonder what was going on in the other conference room.

It was a little weird.   They told us to go to the Gama Conference Room, but none of the conference rooms have names on them.  

From the map it is called Engage.  Looks like they have 3 conference rooms. 

Maybe Sean used it since only about 25 of us. 

2157505D-6C30-4B4B-BA98-69EADB8E1977.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

It was a little weird.   They told us to go to the Gama Conference Room, but none of the conference rooms have names on them.  

I think that whole area on the Millennium has become "a little weird."  I find it strange to walk along the ocean view stateroom corridor to the entrance of Tuscan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I think that whole area on the Millennium has become "a little weird."  I find it strange to walk along the ocean view stateroom corridor to the entrance of Tuscan.

LOL.... the first day we went to Tuscan we kept turning down wrong hallways.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KAE27 said:

Chilly and gray today in San Diego, but it's still lovely to be here.  I'm watching the Disney Wonder from my hotel room.  Get out of the way, mouse-ship!

Weather is getting better!  Photo from when I arrived vs. right now.  

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KAE27 said:

Weather is getting better!  Photo from when I arrived vs. right now.  

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

That is such good sign.  Ensanada had mostly clear skies after the marine layer burned off. 

Seas are very calm and barely feel like we have set sail.  We are currently sailing at a slow 8 knots and only about 60 nautical miles away, so should arrive and park off shore early for an on time arrival. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We departed Ensanada at 5:00 pm on schedule.  We were rewarded wit a beautiful sunset.  I must have shot 50 pictures.   It amazes me how it changes by the minute. 

2 of my favorites 

46A15FA9-2CC0-4A19-942D-B36AF7108E8C.thumb.jpeg.70756c8de596b82eb7ce46e9177da46f.jpeg

BEC77D7E-D2DD-4396-BEA0-C533B47BB914.thumb.jpeg.d53b870aa7ae41df631b45a84ae50845.jpeg

Absolutely Stunning !

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We departed Ensanada at 5:00 pm on schedule.  We were rewarded wit a beautiful sunset.  I must have shot 50 pictures.   It amazes me how it changes by the minute. 

2 of my favorites 

46A15FA9-2CC0-4A19-942D-B36AF7108E8C.thumb.jpeg.70756c8de596b82eb7ce46e9177da46f.jpeg

BEC77D7E-D2DD-4396-BEA0-C533B47BB914.thumb.jpeg.d53b870aa7ae41df631b45a84ae50845.jpeg