Will Eclipse be Down Under in 2023-2024?

Alakegirl

I was wondering the same.  We booked a few weeks ago for the Eclipse in April 2023.  What I found odd is that we selected anytime dining for this sailing and we received an email about a week ago offering to book dining times already.  Never had this happen before, and honestly have not looked closely at the itinerary yet to make a decision like that.  If there was a switch to E class I wouldn't mind trying it out, as our next 3 sailings are all on the Eclipse.  Nice ship though, really loved our last trip Vancouver to Hawaii.

Interesting thought.  It makes sense to put out the more expensive itineraries and ship first, get lots of bookings, and then release the cheaper itineraries later.  Few people will change their bookings; they will just stay with what they did first on the edge.

Edited by cruisestitch

I haven't seen anything about a second ship being assigned to Australia/New Zealand. Edge is slated to sail there for the 2023/2024 season, I believe.

Is there any indication that passenger interest is high enough to support two ships on similar itineraries?

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Pre Hiatus there were two, as I recall.  

Yes, Eclipse was to be homeported in Melbourne along with Solstice in Sydney for the 2020/21 season. 

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Pre Hiatus there were two, as I recall.  

Solstice was the only Celebrity ship for New Zealand when we did the 12 night cruise in January of 2017.

I just checked both Eclipse and Edge for January 2023 and their sailings are flopped as of now, with Edge showing in the Caribbean and Eclipse in New Zealand.

I think it's just a matter of time until the changes are made and sailings are correct for the intended itineraries.

I certainly hope so - we are booked on Eclipse for Nov '22 for 12 nights out of Sydney to NZ and return. We are also booked for Feb '23 for 10 nights out of Sydney sailing The Great Barrier Reef.

Can't wait to start sailing again - it's certainly been a long wait!

There are 2 entries for Celebrity Solstice in Darwin ports schedule for 2023/2024 cruise season.

Darwin on Friday 27 October 2023 and Tuesday 02 April 2024.

Brisbane ports is showing Solstice on Saturday 21 October 2023.

These are new entries in the relevant port schedule, so I think Australia will have 2 ships in the 2023/2024 cruising season.

It is looking like Eclipse will not be heading down under for late 2023. Instead, Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera cruises are showing up in October and November 2023.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/2023-2024-cruises/2023-mexican-riviera-cruises

However, since Edge is getting such a late 2023 start in Australia, maybe Eclipse will also head south very late in the year?