Has MSC Seashore transatlantic on Nov 1 been cancelled?

discjo

2 hours ago, discjo said:

I called MSC and they said they could not see it in their system. Trying to book but nobody seemed to care....Awesome new ships .. Poor Customer service

You might go onto their Roll Call.  I know some "people" were cancelled, but not sure about the sailing itself.  There should be more discussion there by people already booked.

As sidari posted, some members (as far as I've read, UK/ EU only) have received and shared their cancellation notices. No one from the US on the FB Transatlantic forum has received any letter of cancellation as far as I can recall. One member posted that an agent did say the cruise was cancelled. I believe that poster is from the US. Many others have called only to hear that it has not. A few passengers received their tickets via email just two days ago--they are boarding in Genoa. However, the cruise closed for booking several weeks ago. Agents declared that the ship is fully booked. Neither travel agents nor a few of the MSC administrative personnel who have shared information on social media, have any knowledge of a cancellation. We do know that something is not right based on what we see on the website when we enter our cruise details.  We know that MSC has IT issues especially related to their web and app coding which could be why the voyage was not seen. I called Thursday and added the Covid insurance to the cruise. The cost is showing on my payment details even though the actual cruise is not showing. We also know that a press event welcoming Seashore is now slated to begin in Miami one day before our cruise itinerary puts us in Miami.  So, we wait. 

Edited by Rhea98

On 10/3/2021 at 6:43 PM, Rhea98 said:

No one from the US on the FB Transatlantic forum has received any letter of cancellation as far as I can recall.

I am on the TA from Genoa to Miami and just returned home after being out of country for last few days.  My travel agent has forwarded my cruise docs including boarding, luggage tags, etc. and itinerary is the same departing 10/31 and arriving Miami on 11/18.  Trying to see if any changes, etc. but that is latest info I have.  Looks like it is sailing.

I am the Seashore TA sailing from Marseille on 11/1. The cruise is all messed up on the website, so I called their customer service to find out what is going on. The rep told me that I will be getting a communication from MSC soon. I explicitly asked here if the cruise is being canceled, she said "no." But she was evasive in her answers and just told me that some things are being "worked on" (whatever that means). 

Agree, it seems all messed-up on the website, but the packet sent to me by my travel agent appears to be complete.  Includes the Health Questionnaire, etc as well as the luggage tags.  My assigned cabin is there (the original one I chose).  Understood that things seem to change from minute to minute with MSC, but this is the most encouraging thing I have gotten in several months!

Interestingly, MSC announced that the naming ceremony for MSC Seashore will take place on November 18th at Ocean Cay.  Sophia Loren is the Godmother and will be there. (See www.cruiseindustrynews.com for this article.)

So, if the ship is to be at Ocean Cay on the 18th and it's in Europe now, somehow there is going to be a sailing across the Atlantic to get there.

1 minute ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

My TA in Florida has received official notice of his transatlantic coming to Miami on Seashore has been canceled. 

I wondered if they would go ahead with having only passengers from the US and if there would be enough people onboard to warrant it.  

We (US passengers) received cancellation emails yesterday. I read that Virtuoso's TA was also cancelled, but I haven't even bothered to see if that's a fact. We can't do anything (take a FCC or receive a refund) until after Nov 30, 2021. I just bought the covid insurance from msc last Thursday or Friday!

Edited by Rhea98

9 hours ago, Rhea98 said:

We (US passengers) received cancellation emails yesterday. I read that Virtuoso's TA was also cancelled, but I haven't even bothered to see if that's a fact. We can't do anything (take a FCC or receive a refund) until after Nov 30, 2021. I just bought the covid insurance from msc last Thursday or Friday!

Virtuosa isn't due to do a Transatlantic. Confused 

Edited by Bobal

4 hours ago, Bobal said:

Virtuosa isn't due to do a Transatlantic. Confused 

Armonia. Thanks for the correction. Virtuosa goes from BCN to Dubai. I've looked at that one and a few others. Finally had to give it up. Too confusing and too unsure.

20 hours ago, Rhea98 said:

We (US passengers) received cancellation emails yesterday....

I am so disappointed for both you and your husband, as you previously posted how precious this cruise would be for you as a couple...so sad. 😞

Best wishes, take care. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rhea98 said:

Armonia. Thanks for the correction. Virtuosa goes from BCN to Dubai. I've looked at that one and a few others. Finally had to give it up. Too confusing and too unsure.

We are on Seaview, sailing mid-November, and hoping it isn't affected by the US entry issue....why not join that cruise?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

We are on Seaview, sailing mid-November, and hoping it isn't affected by the US entry issue....why not join that cruise?

Thanks for the suggestion, hamrag. I appreciate your watching out for us. ❤️ I've spent a lot of time looking into alternate cruises with the Seaview being the best alternative because it should NOT be affected by anything related to the US while leaving a very reasonable flight getting back to home in south central Florida. This is the first reason I didn't book: only interior and 2-bedroom grande suite cabins available. Then, after the cancellation, it seems (based on reports from those trying), that we cannot use a cruise credit until Nov. 30 because we won't even have one until then! MSC has quite a lot of our money (balcony Fanstastica, pre-paid daily service charges, insurance which I only added one week ago, and a laundry package). Even if I had the $$ to make another purchase, I'm not giving MSC another dollar. I MIGHT consider moving it to another cruise. 

image.png

image.png

Suppose this portends that MSC has advanced knowledge that the CDC CSO ending Nov 1, 2021 is not ending.  This may or may not explain :

• CDC has provided an alternative to ships sailing out of foreign ports with passengers and repositioning to the U.S., in lieu of operating with no passengers for 14 days prior to resuming passenger operations in U.S. waters. Cruise ship operators may contact CDC at eocevent349@cdc.gov to request this information.

*Note: For cruise ship operators with ships that have not been in U.S. waters during the period of the No Sail Order (NSO) or CSO, or voluntarily withdrew their ships, the 60-day period will begin upon: (1) CDC’s confirming to the cruise ship operator in writing that the operator has a complete and accurate NSO response plan, including having submitted to CDC a signed Acknowledgment of No Sail Order Response Plan Completeness and Accuracy; and (2) submission of the EDC form for the 14 days preceding the cruise ship’s expected arrival in U.S. waters.

I wonder what info is in the "alternative".

Edited by morpheusofthesea
additional info

I've actually posted your first quoted paragraph with a link to the rest as people were posting that Seashore would not be able to comply with the 14 day CSO.

Even more portension around the fact that travel agents received invitations to the Seashore christening which was to be, on the ship, in Miami, the day BEFORE the ship was scheduled to even BE in Miami.

I do need to, temporarily at least, correct my statement about not receiving FCC before Nov. 30. I have not attempted to rebook, yet. My information came from a FB posting which related that information. 

Edited by Rhea98

13 minutes ago, colorado14 said:
  • Yes canceled. We got screwed. No perks only a hundred dollar on board credit. FCC can not be used for over a month. No communications from management. Canceled 24 days before the cruise.
  • Stay away.

According to my email, the OBC credit may be $50-$200 depending on what you rebook and on whether you booked single/double. Aside from the 7 wk wait on FCC (which I still haven't looked into), we got screwed because MSC was anything but upfront with communications. We had to assault them with communications--esp after we saw the invitations that proved MSC had no intention of sailing into Miami on Nov. 18. We may continue to be screwed as they take forever to refund our money.

• Like 3

Looking forward to the SeaShore coming to Miami, but when? Celebrity Apex is presently en route from Europe to FT.Lauderdale with only US passengers on board. Was this the CDC "alternative", not acceptable by MSC ? Is MSC gambling the Nov 1, 2021 CSO will expire ? Is MSC waiting to see new protocols from an extension of the CDC CSO, before committing to the Caribbean season?

Edited by morpheusofthesea

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Looking forward to the SeaShore coming to Miami, but when? Celebrity Apex is presently en route from Europe to FT.Lauderdale with only US passengers on board. Was this the CDC "alternative", not acceptable by MSC ? Is MSC gambling the Nov 1, 2021 CSO will expire ? Is MSC waiting to see new protocols from an extension of the CDC CSO, before committing to the Caribbean season?

What makes you think the Seashore will not arrive on November 18th as scheduled?  It finishes in the Mediterranean around November 6 sans passengers.