37% full or 63% empty

Bin man

15 hours ago, Bin man said:

Ventura was only 37% full when she sailed tonight .Do you think this is low or is it because its her first cruise and are taking things easy to be safe .

I suspect option B. Letting the crew bed in again. The next 3 cruises are around 50% - 60% which is full capacity in COVID times. 

As far as we're concerned after reading many reviews and watching videos of Iona she isn't for us far to big.  The largest we've been on was Regal Princess which is the same size as Britannia and we felt we definitely wouldn't want any bigger.  So on that premise we'd prefer Ventura, been on her many times in the Mediterranean and Caribbean  

We've never been on Ventura.  Looks like we might have missed a bargain.

We enjoyed our staycation on Iona as we desperately needed a break, but I don't think it would suit us at full capacity, and we felt it was far too large for us with 18/19 decks and so many bars and restaurants.

Others will love it but just a bit too big for us.

• Like 1

I understand that P&O were only trying to sell 40% for this cruise to bed the crew in. This is the first restart which is direct to international cruising, and the first restart which includes ports on their first cruise.

So, I would suggest they sold 93% of their desired capacity.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

I understand that P&O were only trying to sell 40% for this cruise to bed the crew in. This is the first restart which is direct to international cruising, and the first restart which includes ports on their first cruise.

So, I would suggest they sold 93% of their desired capacity.

When you put it like that, it  obviously makes sense.

Interestingly,  we are booked on Arcadia's first cruise in March 2022. Will that also be at 40% capacity?