Itinerary Change - Caribbean Princess, January 2, 2022

Stevie17

I just received an email from Princess on a pretty substantial itinerary change for our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise on January 2nd. They omitted both Jamaica and Grand Cayman and replaced them with Costa Maya and Belize. Just kind of going with the flow on all of this...happy to be able to cruise at all.  Mexico and Belize, here we come!

Regina

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stevie17 said:

I just received an email from Princess on a pretty substantial itinerary change for our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise on January 2nd. They omitted both Jamaica and Grand Cayman and replaced them with Costa Maya and Belize. Just kind of going with the flow on all of this...happy to be able to cruise at all.  Mexico and Belize, here we come!

Regina

On another thread I read that Grand Cayman isn't accepting cruise ships until mid/late January.  I know Covid is high in Jamaica right now but I don't know if they have a similar restriction.  If not, it could be that once Princess had to drop Grand Cayman passengers would have had another sea day and some no doubt would have complained.  Now two ports are replaced by two ports instead of one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlaskainJuly said:

Hi Stevie17, I'm on that Princess cruise, too. I'm disappointed not to stop at Jamaica--I haven't been yet--but I understand any cruising during Covid will require flexibility!

I love Jamaica too, but I've been to Belize, that that will be a wonderful port stop. I feel like so much is out of our hands at this point in time. I'm just going with the flow and practicing gratitude everywhere I can these days. We had a March 2020 cruise planned on the Regal which was cancelled, so I'm just so happy that our January cruise appears to be on track. Hell, we could just sail around the Caribbean and I'd be happy! 

Regina

• Like 1

I have been to Jamaica and the Grand Cayman Islands.  I think Belize and Costa Maya are an improvement.  But I'm not ready to sail out of Florida nor sail to the Caribbean.  Enjoy being back on a ship.

• Like 3

I'm not on THAT cruise but on my December 9th one, it was originally had Grand Cayman, then Grand Turk replaced Grand Cayman. And that's what the itinerary shows. But the map on cruises for sale lists Princess Cay instead of Grand Turk and the price went up!! No idea why Princess Cay is more than Grand Turk (it's after full payment date). 

• 2 weeks later...

We can only hope that our cruise of February 6th will sail to Costa Maya and Belize which would be a first for us.  The Cayman Islands. and Jamaica are deja vu, having been there, done that, several times. 

• Like 1