No Jersey Boys on 4/30/22 Sailing of Bliss?

wacruiselover

I'm guessing it is just a typical NCL computer glitch but Jersey Boys has disappeared from our entertainment choices on our upcoming cruise. It was there last week and was one of the reasons we booked on the Bliss again. We saw the show in 2019 cruise and loved it. NCL has lost things due to computer errors before so I'm not getting too excited. Prior to our 09/04/21 cruise they lost Tuesday. Not just the events (Glacier Bay) but the entire day. When I contacted NCL the agent said "if it's not on the itinerary it's not happening." As I expected, we did have a Tuesday after all. Sadly, Choir of Man and Company Men were cancelled while on the cruise.

• Haha 1

We are on the 10/24/2021 sailing of the Bliss and Jersey Boys disappeared from the entertainment listings a couple of weeks ago (disappointed but not surprised, the entertainers seem to be the most difficult for the cruise lines to manage with COVID quarantines). We are assuming that they haven't been able to assemble and rehearse a cast for it yet. On our sailing I will be very surprised if they have it up and running, but by April 2022, it could be back. They've probably just removed it globally until they have it ready to go.

Edited by Shellbelle28

42 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

Gone from 12/26/21 sailing too. It was the only show I cared about. Guess we will see Six now.

If you haven't seen it yet, don't be too down on having that as your only show option, I found it quite good (so have many others)...

• Like 1

I’m sailing on Bliss 11/7/21, and only Six and Happy Hour Prohibition Musical are listed as entertainment options. But neither is available for pre-booking at this time. Is that normal, or should we expect that pre-booking will be an option before sailing?  

25 minutes ago, galliegirlie said:

I’m sailing on Bliss 11/7/21, and only Six and Happy Hour Prohibition Musical are listed as entertainment options. But neither is available for pre-booking at this time. Is that normal, or should we expect that pre-booking will be an option before sailing?  

Can only book once onboard for now 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 12:55 PM, galliegirlie said:

normally we can prebook the shows, but during these times NCL did not release the shows for booking. Jersey Boys seems to be cancelled since it no longer appears on the available entertainment. Let's see which show they do include if any.

I don't believe it's outright cancelled.  The NCL Embark videos indirectly addressed this:  Bigger productions just take longer to resume.  Six has less than half the cast of JB so that was the first to go live.  I read somewhere (thirdhand info so FWIW) that JB will be up by late November.

• 3 weeks later...

It'll be disappointing if we don't get to see Jersey Boys, but, it's not going to make or break the cruise for us.  Shows can get cancelled for all kinds of reasons, we'll find something else to do that evening.  Especially on a ship as large as the Bliss, there's always half a dozen things going on somewhere.

• Like 2

Just got off the Bliss this past Sunday (11/14/2021).  Announcement was made early in week that Jersey Boys "would" be playing later in the week.  Made rez to see them in Bliss Theater, then at dinner on the night they were to open, an announcement was broadcast that one of the members had been in contact with someone w/covid19, and that the cast members affected had to quarantine - thus no Jersey Boys.

The Beatles group who normally play in the Cavern Club substituted to a somewhat subdued crowd, altho for us this was just fine, since we could never seem to be able to get in the Cavern Club early enough to obtain a seat.  Nice treat, but definitely NOT the Jersey Boys we were hoping for.

The show SIX was good (i.e.  fair to midland, really).... Singers are fantastic, story-line not so much, but enjoyable.

17 minutes ago, Hobbits_stole_my_Precious said:

Just got off the Bliss this past Sunday (11/14/2021).  Announcement was made early in week that Jersey Boys "would" be playing later in the week.  Made rez to see them in Bliss Theater, then at dinner on the night they were to open, an announcement was broadcast that one of the members had been in contact with someone w/covid19, and that the cast members affected had to quarantine - thus no Jersey Boys.

The Beatles group who normally play in the Cavern Club substituted to a somewhat subdued crowd, altho for us this was just fine, since we could never seem to be able to get in the Cavern Club early enough to obtain a seat.  Nice treat, but definitely NOT the Jersey Boys we were hoping for.

The show SIX was good (i.e.  fair to midland, really).... Singers are fantastic, story-line not so much, but enjoyable.

Sorry to hear that, it was a major disappointment. I'll be on the Bliss on Dec. 5th, keeping my fingers crossed that the quarantine when well and they would be able to present the Jersey Boys. 

A member of the Jersey boys tested positive on the last cruise and they canceled the show so the crew could quarantine 

On the current Bliss cruise some guests have posted that next weeks sailing 11/21 will include the Jersey Boys show again 😜

We’re on the 11/28 sailing and looking forward to seeing the Jersey Boys show 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 3:33 PM, Coveguy4 said:

Also sailing on 11/07/21  and was really looking forward to seeing Jersey Boys!  Major dissapointed if its not happening ......

Just got off the Bliss today, 12/12/21, and the Jersey Boys is playing.  One of the crew member came down with Covid, so the cast was quarantined for 14 days. Great show, and you can book onboard only. 

• Like 1