Platinum Dinner perk

debnjoe1438

18 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I must have missed some news.  Do you have more info, a link perhaps?  Thanks.

No links. Just remember someone, somewhere mentioning it.  I believe what I heard it was being replaced with Los Lobos. It's been a while back.(Probably a you tube cruise video)

I believe the Ships with Q Barbeque don't have Moderno's. 

I've personally gotten tired of Moderno's

• Haha 1

We got off the Encore on Sept 25, under our Platinum plan we ate at Cagney’s (fabulous) and booked the Italian Restaurant Onda for our last night since there was no LaCucina. We were told Onda is not a Platinum perk. They are offering LosLobos or the BBQ Restaurant. Wow, we are from Texas and the last food I want to eat on a cruise ship for my “Special Specialty” dinner is BBQ or Mexican. We were allowed to eat there and were comped by the MaitreD, which I appreciate,  however, we found the food quality way below LaCucina and the atmosphere much like a diner with my Pet Peeve, no tablecloth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I must have missed some news.  Do you have more info, a link perhaps?  Thanks.

I suspect that they are referring to the fact that Moderno hasn’t been on the newer ships, rather than that it is being replaced where it already exists.

The latter may happen at some point, but I don’t think that there has been any sign yet (unless I’ve also missed something).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I suspect that they are referring to the fact that Moderno hasn’t been on the newer ships, rather than that it is being replaced where it already exists.

The latter may happen at some point, but I don’t think that there has been any sign yet (unless I’ve also missed something).

Ah, too bad. I’m not a fan of Moderno (NCL hasn’t pulled off the concept well) and would love to see something else on the Jewel class ships. 

10 hours ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Now that Moderno's is being replaced on the ships; does anyone know what restaurant is replacing Moderno's for the Platinum Dinner? Thanks

Depends on the ship.  From the NCL Latitudes website:

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

13 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Depends on the ship.  From the NCL Latitudes website:

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

Thanks

On 10/6/2021 at 12:46 PM, Olinsky_Cruisers said:

Also, be aware that when you use your Platinum benefit dinners (or even your specialty dining package), wherever you go, if you order an entree with an upcharge, they will also add an additional 20% service charge.  

Only on the amount of the up charge though, right?

On 10/5/2021 at 10:49 PM, realtorgranny said:

We got off the Encore on Sept 25, under our Platinum plan we ate at Cagney’s (fabulous) and booked the Italian Restaurant Onda for our last night since there was no LaCucina. We were told Onda is not a Platinum perk. They are offering LosLobos or the BBQ Restaurant. Wow, we are from Texas and the last food I want to eat on a cruise ship for my “Special Specialty” dinner is BBQ or Mexican. We were allowed to eat there and were comped by the MaitreD, which I appreciate,  however, we found the food quality way below LaCucina and the atmosphere much like a diner with my Pet Peeve, no tablecloth. 

Ok

The vouchers from the Encore were posted above. It is very clear where you could use the second voucher. What was the confusion?

Pics of diner 

0529FE50-92D0-4909-B3D3-F6A857F1D912.thumb.jpeg.aa420c86d82f922e55a1af0f3b15b250.jpeg961B5BE2-666F-4A6F-A10A-CDF3BD583AEE.thumb.jpeg.98037fe8ef1ab9ab69c39d51292a865d.jpeg

DE4D6C8A-9AEC-447F-876D-71BF76E62E24.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 12:31 PM, BirdTravels said:

Ok

The vouchers from the Encore were posted above. It is very clear where you could use the second voucher. What was the confusion?

Pics of diner 

0529FE50-92D0-4909-B3D3-F6A857F1D912.thumb.jpeg.aa420c86d82f922e55a1af0f3b15b250.jpeg961B5BE2-666F-4A6F-A10A-CDF3BD583AEE.thumb.jpeg.98037fe8ef1ab9ab69c39d51292a865d.jpeg

DE4D6C8A-9AEC-447F-876D-71BF76E62E24.jpeg

For me, not really confusion, just wondering. As far as I can see there is no Moderno's on the Joy. So just wondering what the option would be. No matter, I'll see when I get on the ship. 

Hi @debnjoe1438, so the thing with the moderno is this: 

If you cruise on the Joy (loved my cruise on the Joy) you have choices. 

This is what's posted for the Lat. Rewards, under the Latitudes Rewards Benefits: 

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

*check the "Dinner for two At Modernos or La Cucina"

6 Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Spirit, Cagney’s or Le Bistro becomes Cagney’s only. Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Le Bistro or Onda.

Enjoy

14 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Hi @debnjoe1438, so the thing with the moderno is this: 

If you cruise on the Joy (loved my cruise on the Joy) you have choices. 

This is what's posted for the Lat. Rewards, under the Latitudes Rewards Benefits: 

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

*check the "Dinner for two At Modernos or La Cucina"

6 Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Spirit, Cagney’s or Le Bistro becomes Cagney’s only. Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Le Bistro or Onda.

Enjoy

Thanks

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

For me, not really confusion, just wondering. As far as I can see there is no Moderno's on the Joy. So just wondering what the option would be. No matter, I'll see when I get on the ship. 

Again, the vouchers posted above give you the exact restaurants you can select from on the Joy. There is no need to wonder. 

• Like 1