Amex offer - $350 off $1,000 - expires 12/31/21

I had "Spend 500$ get 200$ back on my card" and my friend had the same offer (He is not in my travelling party). I was able to split my payment and used offers from both the card.

So that's another idea, for those who have not received this offer on your card. Time to ask friends & family for favor.

I have to admit, I’ve had my AMEX card for many years and never even knew it had offers. When I read this thread, I checked my account and found I had the $500 off $1500 offer.  I’m pleased to report we are now booked on the Anthem in December.  😀 Thanks for the heads up, @ZoeyVictoria!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stringbean10 said:

Hello, 

Does anyone know if this would apply toward a dining or drinking package? 

Thanks!

Cruise Planner purchases show up the same as cruise fare payments on the statement, so yes. My TA verified herself by making dining package purchases and it triggered an email that she had used her offer.

1 minute ago, SherriZ366 said:

Can this be used on already booked cruises.  I have 7 cruises booked now (two are paid up but there are still 5 in 2022-2023 that need to be paid for.)

Yes but its a one time use .

13 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Does the cruise payment have to be made by 12-31-2021?  Or does the promotion just need to be appended to the card or cards?  

You have to charge the purchase by 12/31. Don’t forget to add the offer to your card first!

Just a data point to say that I used both mine and wife's $500 off $1500 offers on a cruise that had been previously booked on a 3rd party site (popular one) but hadn't been fully paid for yet.

Made two payments against it from both wife and my cards - very next day received confirmation email from AMEX notifying me that I had triggered the conditions for the offer for our $1000 back in total.  Pretty sweet.

So, just to say multiple offers used on the same cruise booking, the cruise booking was done months ago and these were just applied payments, and that it was through a 3rd party and not directly through Royal.  All things people probably gathered but figured I'd chime in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2021 at 2:37 PM, justfriends340 said:

I got 500 off 1500; I don’t have any cruises booked currently. I plan to book an Apr 2022 cruise this week and make $1500 in payments. I'll then cancel under the CWC policy in Feb/Mar. That will give me a future cruise credit good until Apr 2023.  Booking solo to ensure I get the entire FCC in my name

I had considered this since my TA won't take Amex payment, and I have called 4 times (on hold for over an hour each) to transfer booking back to rccl , without any luck.

Still on the fence, but $500 savings is TOO much to lose out on

• Like 1

I have a May 2022 cruise (through a TA) that final payment is not due until February 2022. I'd like to prepay some of it now to take advantage of this.

I know based on past experience that paying through the TA shows up on the credit card as being billed by Royal directly, so that shouldn't be an issue.

If I prepay $1000 now, and end up cancelling before final payment is due, will I get that $1000 back? I assume yes, but will it be "cash" (e.g. a credit card refund) or FCC?

If the price of the cruise drops below what I've paid before final payment date, will I get the overage back? Again, would this be "cash" or FCC?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, skagen said:

Just a data point to say that I used both mine and wife's $500 off $1500 offers on a cruise that had been previously booked on a 3rd party site (popular one) but hadn't been fully paid for yet.

Made two payments against it from both wife and my cards - very next day received confirmation email from AMEX notifying me that I had triggered the conditions for the offer for our $1000 back in total.  Pretty sweet.

So, just to say multiple offers used on the same cruise booking, the cruise booking was done months ago and these were just applied payments, and that it was through a 3rd party and not directly through Royal.  All things people probably gathered but figured I'd chime in.

My husband and I have individual amex cards (different numbers on the card) but they are both part of the same account. Is that how you did it or do you have two separate accounts? thanks for the tip!

16 hours ago, lonestarmikeb said:

Thank you everyone, I got the $500 off $1500 and by creating a separate account for my wife's card we were able to get a second $500 off $1500. SWEET!!!

Did the same but my deal was $200 off $500

On my account it has already shown up.

AMEX with Credit.png

10 hours ago, Charity0000 said:

My husband and I have individual amex cards (different numbers on the card) but they are both part of the same account. Is that how you did it or do you have two separate accounts? thanks for the tip!

Ah you mean you're joint cardholders? I do not know how AMEX offers work in that scenario tbh. I imagine if you both see the offer you could both use it since this offer's terms indicated it was limited to one per cardholder and I'd presume you're considered different cardholders even if it's a joint account... but I'm not sure.

Totally unrelated but figure I'd just mention that card sign up bonuses on AMEX cards are once-per-lifetime so if that's a concern you might want to consider each having your own card account for AMEX cards in the future if you decide to get another AMEX.

1 hour ago, skagen said:

Ah you mean you're joint cardholders? I do not know how AMEX offers work in that scenario tbh. I imagine if you both see the offer you could both use it since this offer's terms indicated it was limited to one per cardholder and I'd presume you're considered different cardholders even if it's a joint account... but I'm not sure.

Totally unrelated but figure I'd just mention that card sign up bonuses on AMEX cards are once-per-lifetime so if that's a concern you might want to consider each having your own card account for AMEX cards in the future if you decide to get another AMEX.

I think both parties have to have their own accounts.

Maybe the answer is somewhere here: 

YOU don't need a annual fee AMEX card this is what I use 

http://refer.amex.us/GEORgMqCnf?XLINK=MYCP

Edited by TheMiz

OK. I'm like a few others on here.  Been using AMEX for many years and never knew they had offers like this.  I checked and had the $350 on $1000 back offer.  Added to my card and I will have no problem charging that before the end of December.

Many thanks to the original poster and everyone else for the heads up!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Charity0000 said:

All you have to do is register a new account online for the other joint account card.