Amex offer - $350 off $1,000 - expires 12/31/21

My card had the $500 off $1500 too - thank you so much for the heads up!! It sounds like the total spending can be spread across several transactions. Anyone used these in the past know if Cruise Planner purchases or pre-paid gratuities qualify, or just fare payments?

• Get a one-time $500 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,500 in one or more transactions on reservations booked at royalcaribbean.com, by phone at 1-866-562-7625 or by contacting your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2021.
  • Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid on bookings made online at royalcaribbean.com or by calling 1-866-562-7625 or your Travel Professional. Reservations must be booked on US website only. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Excludes onboard purchases, e-gift card and physical gift card purchases made online, transfers/transportation to the ship, Royal Caribbean/Universal Resort Joint Vacation, MGM Resort International Joint Vacation and Royal Wedding Packages. Excludes Celebrity Cruise, TUI Cruises and Silversea brands. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, NoWorriesVA said:

Anyone used these in the past know if Cruise Planner purchases or pre-paid gratuities qualify, or just fare payments?

Fare payments, deposits and cruise planner purchases all show up on my statement from the same identical Royal Caribbean line item, so they get treated the same way.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Finally, an Amex offer for Royal Caribbean, and a good one!  Spend $1,000 by December 31, 2021 and get a $350 statement credit.  

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You just saved me $700.00🎉I had the $500 statement credit if spend $1500.00 and my husband had $200.00 credit if you spend $500. I’d been checking for a while but gave up recently.

7 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You just saved me $700.00🎉I had the $500 statement credit if spend $1500.00 and my husband had $200.00 credit if you spend $500. I’d been checking for a while but gave up recently.

I have been checking every day for many months, as part of my morning iPad routine.  I couldn’t believe my eyes when I actually saw an offer.   I checked my SO’s account later and found the $200 credit for spending $500, so we will be using both offers.

51 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just applied for and received the Amx Blue no annual fee  card but it is not in my offers!!  Oh well

There is something you can try.  There are 100 offers at all times.  I add the ones that are close to expiration to my card (date and expiration warning will be in red, easy to spot).   If I delete 10, I can log out, log back in, and see 10 new offers added.  If you do that, this particular offer might be one of your new ones.

• Like 5

The small print says booking made online, over the phone, or through travel agent. I don’t think the offer applies to cruise planner purchases. The credit is applied up to 90 days after 12/31/21 once Royal confirms the purchase was valid. The terms are unique based on other offers I’ve redeemed. PS I have the Gold card and my offer was $500 off $1500 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Just applied for and received the Amx Blue no annual fee  card but it is not in my offers!!  Oh well

It depends on what level of card you have.  I have a gold and pay a few hundred bucks annual fee (which works for me since I have multiple family members on the account).  Platinum probably gets a better offer.  And they paid more.

image.thumb.png.f4ae25d346b6b46b33876ef086590bf6.png

15 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

The small print says booking made online, over the phone, or through travel agent. I don’t think the offer applies to cruise planner purchases. The credit is applied up to 90 days after 12/31/21 once Royal confirms the purchase was valid. The terms are unique based on other offers I’ve redeemed. PS I have the Gold card and my offer was $500 off $1500 

In the past, Amex could not tell the difference between making a new reservation and making a payment on an existing reservation.  That has been true for Royal, Celebrity, Princess, Carnival, and Norwegian.  I have used 17 cruise line offers since November 2015 and had no problem with payments on existing reservations and prepaid gratuities, but never tried cruise planner purchases because I think that is credited to a different account.

• Like 1

Just now, ZoeyVictoria said:

In the past, Amex could not tell the difference between making a new reservation and making a payment on an existing reservation.  That has been true for Royal, Celebrity, Princess, Carnival, and Norwegian.  I have used 17 cruise line offers since November 2015 and had no problem with payments on existing reservations and prepaid gratuities, but never tried cruise planner purchases because I think that is credited to a different account.

Exactly, just made a pre-cruise planner purchase this morning and shows as royalcaribbean.com on the charge line, the same as my final payment, and deposit. Should be fine with pre-cruise plan purchases. Also remember it doesn't have to meet the threshold in one purchase, can be multiple as long as the total gets over the threshold you were offered. I got spend 1,500 get 500 on my and my wifes account, paid final balance, pre-paid tips, and thrill park access to get over 1500 on both.  Nice waking up to a 1,000 savings.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

It depends on what level of card you have.  I have a gold and pay a few hundred bucks annual fee (which works for me since I have multiple family members on the account).  Platinum probably gets a better offer.  And they paid more.

image.thumb.png.f4ae25d346b6b46b33876ef086590bf6.png

I have the everyday blue Amex with no annual fee, and received the same offer as you.  My SO has the same type of card and received the spend $500, get $200 back offer.  No rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.

2 minutes ago, mterr1 said:

Exactly, just made a pre-cruise planner purchase this morning and shows as royalcaribbean.com on the charge line, the same as my final payment, and deposit. Should be fine with pre-cruise plan purchases. Also remember it doesn't have to meet the threshold in one purchase, can be multiple as long as the total gets over the threshold you were offered. I got spend 1,500 get 500 on my and my wifes account, paid final balance, pre-paid tips, and thrill park access to get over 1500 on both.  Nice waking up to a 1,000 savings.

Could you please come back and verify the cruise planner purchases once you see the statement credit?  Would be a good thing to know.

• Like 1

Mine is AMEX Platinum.  Spend 500.00 get 200.00 credit.  I enrolled and put 500.00 on one of my cruise balances and already got the  "Congratulations, Way to go Daniel, you used your enrolled Amex offer.  Usually I see the credit within a couple days.  It clearly states that refunds on the card used may result in the 200.00 credit being added back.

In saying that be careful not cancel something on another cruise you may have booked not related to this purchase as it may result in you loosing your 200.00 credit.  Anything you cancel that gets you even a dollar under the initial "required spend" will result in you loosing your offer.  Good Luck and THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE STARTER OF THE TOPIC!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I got $500 dollar off $1500 here as well.  I have never paid that much attention to these offers.  I think I've been missing out.  Thanks @ZoeyVictoria

I have saved $2,029 in total from the offers.  Most were cruise lines or travel related, but some were from purchases at Lowe’s, Amazon, etc.   I have never made a purchase that I wouldn’t have made without the offer.  Time to start checking frequently!

• Like 2