Amex offer - $350 off $1,000 - expires 12/31/21

29 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

The offer does not explicitly say that it does not apply to OBC.

I used the offer and purchased dining and soda package thru the planner.

I plan on using the offer for my wife's card to prepay grats for 2 upcoming cruises.

I also plan on using offer for our Son's card to prepay grats for 2 other upcoming cruises.

If the OBC purchase shows up as a purchase from royal caribbean, it should also work.  Where do you plan on purchasing the OBC from?

That’s what I am asking. Can you purchase it just like the beverage package or other things after you book your cruise?

On 10/16/2021 at 3:05 PM, MikeKl said:

I did not get the email after spending the $1,500 as others have reported.  The charges are still pending on the AMEX app, I called AMEX they said it should get applied when the charges post.  It is possible that since I spent the first $300 last week immediately after I accepted the offer, and since todays transactions aren’t over 1500 , it hasn’t triggered the email.  I cruise a week from tomorrow so hopefully everything gets straightened out.

I never got an email at all.  I had two transactions of $750 each, the app just listed it as saved. So far I haven't seen the credit show up yet but I'm assuming it will soon. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I never got an email at all.  I had two transactions of $750 each, the app just listed it as saved. So far I haven't seen the credit show up yet but I'm assuming it will soon. 🙂 

When you say email do you mean an email about the deals ?  I never get one I check every few days online.   

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I just received offers for Celebrity ($150 off $500, doesn’t expire until mid-March) and Oceania.  Also $50 off $200 at Marriott for that pre-cruise hotel stay.

This is worded different than the Royal deal this says CASH BACK the Royal said STATEMENT CREDIT

In the past using the Carnival offer if I didn’t charge the full amount in one transaction I wouldn’t see the credit until I got my statement once the billing period ended. 

• Thanks 1

And no you wouldn’t get the email if it was separate transactions totally the offer amount. That’s only triggered by the full amount charge but you will still get the statement credit. It just takes until the end of your billing cycle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

And no you wouldn’t get the email if it was separate transactions totally the offer amount. That’s only triggered by the full amount charge but you will still get the statement credit. It just takes until the end of your billing cycle.

I had two different transactions to hit my $500 trigger, and I got an email letting me know that my offer had been activated:

Great news! You recently used your Amex Offer at ROYAL CARIBBEAN

10 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I had two different transactions to hit my $500 trigger, and I got an email letting me know that my offer had been activated:

Great news! You recently used your Amex Offer at ROYAL CARIBBEAN

I never have unless I charge the full amount in one transaction but I still get the credit eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I never have unless I charge the full amount in one transaction but I still get the credit eventually.

Honestly, I was amazed at how quickly it all posted.  Royal could use some IT tips from the folks at AmEx!!!

• Like 3

On 10/16/2021 at 4:13 PM, Tree_skier said:

I've only had an Amex card for less than 6 months.  Is this a promotion that I should see again within the next year?

I’ve been aware of these AMEX offers for a number of years now, and have used the similar offers from Carnival Corp on a HAL cruise. The Carnival Corp offers did repeat, usually not right away though. However, this is the first time I’ve ever seen a Royal Caribbean offer, and I’ve been looking! 

I used my offer, $350 off $1000 to pay down the balance on our Harmony cruise next year. I was planning to use DH’s card next billing cycle to pay down most of the rest of our balance next billing cycle, but then I had a better idea💡!  Yep, we booked another cruise with DH’s offer! 😎😀 It’s just a short weekend cruise, but we only live 90 minutes from port so it will be a fun weekend getaway and we’ll finally get to see a ship decorated for Christmas 🎄.

Meanwhile, if the offer does repeat, I still should be able to use it on next year’s cruise on Harmony.  Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for that to happen, but not counting on it since, as I mentioned earlier, I’ve never seen an offer like this on AMEX from Royal Caribbean before.

• Like 1

I applied for a blue card and was approved. They already set me up and my account has over 100 offers but it has Celebrity but not Royal. Pretty disappointed because I was going to buy a drink package on upcoming cruise. How often do they show up or change?

8 hours ago, volk904 said:

I applied for a blue card and was approved. They already set me up and my account has over 100 offers but it has Celebrity but not Royal. Pretty disappointed because I was going to buy a drink package on upcoming cruise. How often do they show up or change?

Just add a bunch of the offers and then log out and come back in a few minutes.  I found that there is always 100 offers.  If I add 12 offers then come a few minutes later i have 12 new offers. Great deal 🙂 

On 10/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, TheMiz said:

I think both parties have to have their own accounts.

Maybe the answer is somewhere here: 

YOU don't need a annual fee AMEX card this is what I use 

http://refer.amex.us/GEORgMqCnf?XLINK=MYCP

The deals can go quickly so its best to click on apply , you don't have to use it but you will have it to use before it expires .

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Just add a bunch of the offers and then log out and come back in a few minutes.  I found that there is always 100 offers.  If I add 12 offers then come a few minutes later i have 12 new offers. Great deal 🙂 

Not for me  I loaded most of my 100 offers when this thread started and I only have 18 now and have for a while

18 hours ago, publicpersona said:

I need a little more spend to max out my and Player 2's offers. Can someone that has recently used Air2Sea confirm that the charge comes through as Royal Caribbean as the merchant?

Booked the Air2Sea flights online. But paid for the flights by having a Royal rep complete the transaction. Air2Sea amount was billed to the AMEX with Royal Caribbean as the merchant.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nado44 said:

Booked the Air2Sea flights online. But paid for the flights by having a Royal rep complete the transaction. Air2Sea amount was billed to the AMEX with Royal Caribbean as the merchant.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Now if only we could figure out how to use Air2Sea online instead of having to call. I did call Air2Sea to ask when the online interface would again be available, and the agent said he would have no idea about the website - up, down, does/doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by publicpersona