Amex offer - $350 off $1,000 - expires 12/31/21

Question, to make sure I understand. We have a Platinum Amex (no airline affiliation) The offer says spend $500 get $200 back. In the fine print says one time use. My husband is the lead person on the account and can see all charges / payments are made under one account. We have different account numbers on the actual cards and separate log in for our own cards, but combined in charges / payments. 

Can we each get the $200 if we do two $500 payments on each of our cards? 
Thank you 

I used this AmEx offer to make a small payment on each of three cruises, so the three transactions totaled $1000. I got an email saying I had used my offer, and the credit showed up on my account just five days after the transactions posted to my account. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 2:30 PM, publicpersona said:

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Now if only we could figure out how to use Air2Sea online instead of having to call. I did call Air2Sea to ask when the online interface would again be available, and the agent said he would have no idea about the website - up, down, does/doesn't exist anymore.

Just curious, but were you able to get this to work? I am looking to use Air2Sea to get my total spend over $1,500. I haven't booked the cruise yet. It appears that the Air2Sea website is up? Was it not working when you posted this in October? Also, did the Air2Sea reservation put you above the required $1,500 spend?

1 hour ago, lester537 said:

Just curious, but were you able to get this to work? I am looking to use Air2Sea to get my total spend over $1,500. I haven't booked the cruise yet. It appears that the Air2Sea website is up? Was it not working when you posted this in October? Also, did the Air2Sea reservation put you above the required $1,500 spend?

I put $500 deposit on Player 2's Amex Blue, and that got her the $200 already. I was able (by calling in; website was down when I posted before) and added air to my reservation. That isn't billed until final payment, which is just over $1500 now. I will use my Amex Blue to make final payment to get $500 off $1500 that I was offered.

The potential snag in my plan is that I used my TA for this. I've made it really, really clear not to bill final payment to the same card, but plan to guard against this by giving him the new card info a couple weeks before payment is due.

4 hours ago, publicpersona said:

I put $500 deposit on Player 2's Amex Blue, and that got her the $200 already. I was able (by calling in; website was down when I posted before) and added air to my reservation. That isn't billed until final payment, which is just over $1500 now. I will use my Amex Blue to make final payment to get $500 off $1500 that I was offered.

The potential snag in my plan is that I used my TA for this. I've made it really, really clear not to bill final payment to the same card, but plan to guard against this by giving him the new card info a couple weeks before payment is due.

Not sure when your cruise is, but I think the charge has to hit your account by 12/31 to get the offer ?

• Like 1

I applied for and now have a blue card about 3 weeks ago.  Lots of offers including Celebrity not no Royal yet.  I had heard there was so many used Royal cut if off.  Still hoping one pops up.  Really wanted to use to to pay for my drink package on a cruise coming up.  The good new is I am getting $200 fro Amex for getting the card.  

That said was this a one time occurrence or does Royal put them out from time to time?  

3 hours ago, volk904 said:

I applied for and now have a blue card about 3 weeks ago.  Lots of offers including Celebrity not no Royal yet.  I had heard there was so many used Royal cut if off.  Still hoping one pops up.  Really wanted to use to to pay for my drink package on a cruise coming up.  The good new is I am getting $200 fro Amex for getting the card.  

That said was this a one time occurrence or does Royal put them out from time to time?  

The last one I had was December 2016 (I saved $100), before that was September 2016 (I saved $75).  I was very surprised to see the latest offer, and even more surprised to see that amount of savings.

9 hours ago, volk904 said:

Offers that good are certainly not frequent. There probably have been something like $100 off $1000 or so offers before, but 40% cash back is incredible and I believe unprecedented.

1 minute ago, cotomom said:

Ok, didn't realize they could be done through TA vs purchasing those items directly thru RCL. Thanks!

Just make sure your TA pays Royal directly, not ABC Travel Agency.  Why not just go into your cruise planner and purchase these things?  It doesn't have to be one transaction for the offer. 

6 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

Just make sure your TA pays Royal directly, not ABC Travel Agency.  Why not just go into your cruise planner and purchase these things?  It doesn't have to be one transaction for the offer. 

Because I want it applied towards my balance which needs to be paid through the TA and just a little something extra to put me over $1500. I don't want to purchase additional $1500 worth of extra items right now on the cruise planner. Having a friend use their offer for me so want it easy for them.

Edited by cotomom
forgot to write my response. duhhhh

On 11/7/2021 at 8:43 AM, cotomom said:

I want it applied towards my balance which needs to be paid through the TA and just a little something extra to put me over $1500. I don't want to purchase additional $1500

@cotomom- you would give your TA authorization to charge $1300, then you can use the other $200 on your online account.  But as stated before make sure your TA is charging directly to the cruise line and not to their agency. It does not have to be all done in 1 charge. 

On 10/14/2021 at 2:17 PM, CruisingHogFan said:

is AMEX going to take the $500 back?

Yes if there is refund back to your account, AMEX will reverse the credit they gave you.  And you can only use the offer once, so if you tried to "re-use" it even before the offer end date I suspect it would not process correctly. 

I never play with these offers, as not only is AMEX known for clawing back offers they are known for shutting down all your credit card accounts.  And they dont explain why. 

So, for me, I just take the offer with gratitude and say thank you....

• 4 weeks later...

So I got the email saying I met the offer terms for my primary card and then got my credit on that card a few days later.  I just put some money towards another cruise on my additional card that made it total $1550.  We changed cruises earlier so our beverage package was canceled, but I immediately purchased the new ship's beverage package.  As soon as I met the $1500 threshold, I didn't receive an email about meeting the offer terms like I did on the first card.  Has anyone had issues getting their offer met when beverage packages or other cruise planner purchases end up being canceled?  I hadn't met the terms of the offer at that point.

Edited by ulcards99

Need some urgent advice, I am booking a new reservation and trying to redeem 500$ off 1500$ offer. My booking along with Prepaid gratuities and insurance comes to 1450$. Is there anything else that I can add to my reservation that will move my booking over 1450$

Also does 1500$ has to be spent in one transaction or can I process 1450 now and then use rest in the cruise planner to trigger the offer?

Thanks in advance