Semi-Live Meraviglia - Oct 9th

cdel71

7 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Back in Feb 2020 there were sandwiches, pasteries, fruit, beer, wine, prosecco, coffee, juices, water etc

That's what I experienced.  It was a very pleasant welcome to MSC YC during the check-in time!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Embarkation for YC was small room limited drinks but they were very helpful to provide you whatever they had in the room.  It was such a short wait (5 - 10 mins) that I only had time to grab a water.   

Oh FYI - Do Not record going from the gangway into security area.   I got scolded for using my GoPro.   I had no idea it was a security violation or issue.   No signs or my butler didn’t say anything.  Strange encounter.   Deleted the 5 second footage and we were on our way.   

• Thanks 1

Day 4 - Quick update.  

Closed the night at the Sky Lounge last evening.  Great time with bartenders and just the social aspect of actually “talking” to people.  Don’t get me wrong YC TSL is nice but the fact you can’t sit at the bar is a bummer.  I know there are Covid rules so I get it.   Dinner was outstanding once again.   Mini bar restocked as always.   Heading out on Costa Maya today.  

Damn these chocolate peanuts!   I think I’m on my 5th can.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, cdel71 said:

Embarkation for YC was small room limited drinks but they were very helpful to provide you whatever they had in the room.  It was such a short wait (5 - 10 mins) that I only had time to grab a water.   

Oh FYI - Do Not record going from the gangway into security area.   I got scolded for using my GoPro.   I had no idea it was a security violation or issue.   No signs or my butler didn’t say anything.  Strange encounter.   Deleted the 5 second footage and we were on our way.   

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I was going to be doing some Snaps for our adult daughters who wish they were cruising with us. I'll be sure not to do the gangway.

2 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I was going to be doing some Snaps for our adult daughters who wish they were cruising with us. I'll be sure not to do the gangway.

I think just before/at security is the issue.  I've seen countless vlogs from the gangway, getting on/off the ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cdel71 said:

Day 4 - Quick update.  

Closed the night at the Sky Lounge last evening.  Great time with bartenders and just the social aspect of actually “talking” to people.  Don’t get me wrong YC TSL is nice but the fact you can’t sit at the bar is a bummer.  I know there are Covid rules so I get it.   Dinner was outstanding once again.   Mini bar restocked as always.   Heading out on Costa Maya today.  

Damn these chocolate peanuts!   I think I’m on my 5th can.   

Divina TSL did permit bar sitting on our Sept 26 to 30 cruise.

Dennis

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Divina TSL did permit bar sitting on our Sept 26 to 30 cruise.

Was there some place to place your feet?

4 hours ago, cdel71 said:

Don’t get me wrong YC TSL is nice but the fact you can’t sit at the bar is a bummer

No place to place your feet at the YC Bar on Meraviglia.  As a result my dress shoes have scratches on the toes from the metal facade of the bar.  

5 hours ago, jules815 said:

To clarify, gangway is absolutely fine.  I was recording my wife jumping onto the ship and was in process of grabbing my MSC card to board and attempting to put GoPro in backpack, but wasn’t fast enough - hit security area and you would think I brought a weapon on board.  If I’m being honest, the guy was a d1** but whatever I erased the clip and onto the ship we went.    Even made me put my backpack into security scanner again cuz you know doing it the first time through initial security check wasn’t enough.  ****!   Anyway back to enjoying the cruise.  

Saw the Scarlett Lady today in Costa Maya.  Interesting color of ship, all grey.  Also in port was the Celebrity Summit.  They are sailing less than 350 pax.  Holy crap, that’s definitely not sustainable.   Scarlett lady I heard was 1100.   Going to be interesting.   Not sure how long these companies can continue to sustain losses in the millions per month.   

• Like 2

A quick question for you.  My son and I are booked on Mera for January 9th and Costa Maya is one of the ports.  I had read some great things about the "Maya, Lost Mayan Kingdom" water resort before the Pandemic.  I just went to their website and it is not clear if they have reopened or not.  Did you hear of anyone going there as an excursion?

On 10/10/2021 at 9:14 AM, kelleherdl said:

You definitely will not be hassled if you are in the Yacht Club, as the OP stated he is. I personally have not seen this at the terminal either in Miami or Port Canaveral.

Dennis

unless they bring the barkers in from Cozumel, lol.

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

A quick question for you.  My son and I are booked on Mera for January 9th and Costa Maya is one of the ports.  I had read some great things about the "Maya, Lost Mayan Kingdom" water resort before the Pandemic.  I just went to their website and it is not clear if they have reopened or not.  Did you hear of anyone going there as an excursion?

I did not notice if this was reopened or not.   Lots of folks got off to do their ship excursions today, but didnt follow closely to know what they were, sorry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

Hey there

Are we required to take ship excursions like they initially did on the Italy sailings on Grandiosa or can we do independent sightseeing etc?

I have to be honest, being vaccinated I was able to get off at both ports in Mexico and free to do whatever we wanted.   Unsure if there are restrictions with families traveling with unvaccinated children ( as the entire family is considered unvaccinated ).   I suspect they may be forced to do ship excursions only.   I will inquire to find out if I can.   

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cdel71 said:

I have to be honest, being vaccinated I was able to get off at both ports in Mexico and free to do whatever we wanted.   Unsure if there are restrictions with families traveling with unvaccinated children ( as the entire family is considered unvaccinated ).   I suspect they may be forced to do ship excursions only.   I will inquire to find out if I can.   

Thats helpful TYVM We are empty nesters

12 minutes ago, cdel71 said:

I think this depends on the port/country. For example, I believe Jamaica is like Italy in this regards.

Of course, when you sail it can all be different...