Cunard - ports and testing

watsonbeau

31 minutes ago, Bandy Matelot said:

As regards Lisbon the entry requirements have been changed in that you no longer need a test before going ashore but you can't go ashore unless it is an authorised Cunard excursion. Can someone please explain why this is?

There seems to be a lot of confusion with regards to Lisbon as since Cunard produced their port guide to whether you need tests and if you can get off independently/shore excursion there are some saying that Portugal Government have relaxed its rules and you dont need test and you can get off independently. How true that is we will have to wait and see when we arrive into port.

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion with regards to Lisbon as since Cunard produced their port guide to whether you need tests and if you can get off independently/shore excursion there are some saying that Portugal Government have relaxed its rules and you dont need test and you can get off independently. How true that is we will have to wait and see when we arrive into port.

Tom as i said to you earlier in this thread, the entry requirements changed on the 4th October.Cunard did not update their website until the 11th October, it says that you do not need a test no more but you can not go ashore unless you are booked on a Cunard excursion, this afternoon i was on the phone to ask them this and other questions regarding our upcoming cruise, unfortunately for some reason after being on hold for 2 hours i was cut off. I will phone them again on Monday hopefully to get an answer and i will post their reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news Cunard has once again changed its requirements for going ashore in Lisbon. It is no longer necessary to go on an authorised Cunard shore excursion, no test required either see  https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/port-entry-requirements/CUNARD-A-Z-destination-entry-requirements.pdf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bandy Matelot said:

Good news Cunard has once again changed its requirements for going ashore in Lisbon. It is no longer necessary to go on an authorised Cunard shore excursion, no test required either see  https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/port-entry-requirements/CUNARD-A-Z-destination-entry-requirements.pdf

Thank you! Very good news indeed, as we just love to wander and eat in Lisbon at leisure. Or, go to the coast by train!

How odd! Cunard and the last post re P&O, differ, re leaving ships in Portugal and Madeira as st 8.50 this morning.

I hope the Cunard one is correct! However, the above link might change if P&O update their site.

3 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

How odd! Cunard and the last post re P&O, differ, re leaving ships in Portugal and Madeira as st 8.50 this morning.

I hope the Cunard one is correct! However, the above link might change if P&O update their site.

Cunard updated it's site on 11th October regarding Portugal, nothing has changed since then. No tests required and you can go ashore independently.On the P & O site it states unvaccinated people over the age of 12 have to be tested but to be able travel on Cunard presently, everyone needs to be fully vaccinated, so this would not apply to Cunard sailings.

There is TMI here & I’m a bit lazy today, and so I’m asking a quick. & easy question:

What can I expect at boarding (Southampton)  on Dec 13, 2021 thé QM2 TA to NYC?

We will already be screened entering the UK. But earlier in the week.

Thanks for indulging me.

Susan

5 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

There is TMI here & I’m a bit lazy today, and so I’m asking a quick. & easy question:

What can I expect at boarding (Southampton)  on Dec 13, 2021 thé QM2 TA to NYC?

We will already be screened entering the UK. But earlier in the week.

Thanks for indulging me.

Susan

You will be required to take a LFT at the terminal at no cost to you and if positive will then be required to take PCR test and if positive will not be allowed to board.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:40 PM, Lesanne said:

Updated Cunard port entry list as of 3rd November

CUNARD-A-Z-destination-entry-requirements.pdf 2.15 MB · 16 downloads

Thank you for posting this. I'd just been reading the FCO advice but your post is much more concise. The only thing I'd like to know now is do we have to do PLF's for each county we enter? (I know we have to do one for coming back into the UK) or is there some mass form submitted by the ship to the port?