Waitlisted

indigosails

Hi. I’m not new to cruising, but I’ve forgotten…what, exactly, does waitlisted mean? I think I remember that travel agencies reserve a block of rooms to sell, then they release the empty rooms near the departure date. Is that right? We want to sail on Oceania in a tear from now and all of the PH and Veranda are waitlisted. ALL of them. What would you guess is the likelihood of getting in? I’ve asked O to call me but so far no answer, they did send a nice slick brochure though. 

Thank you

45 minutes ago, indigosails said:

Hi. I’m not new to cruising, but I’ve forgotten…what, exactly, does waitlisted mean? I think I remember that travel agencies reserve a block of rooms to sell, then they release the empty rooms near the departure date. Is that right? We want to sail on Oceania in a tear from now and all of the PH and Veranda are waitlisted. ALL of them. What would you guess is the likelihood of getting in? I’ve asked O to call me but so far no answer, they did send a nice slick brochure though. 

Thank you

It’s Oceania. Book ASAP (some itineraries book full within a week of announcement and it’s not because of TAs booking blocks of cabins).

Cabin categories waitlisted are (probably) due to direct bookings. When your cruise approaches final payment date, unsure pax will start to cancel before penalties begin. So, you should have a good idea if you’ll get lucky closer to final payment.

Little chance of getting your category of choice unless you make a deposit! 

Best tip! Book using a TA! 
Either calling O directly or to your TA, someone should be able to tell you how many are ahead of you on the waitlist.

good luck! You will really enjoy O!

50 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

" ... Best tip! Book using a TA! ... "

BEST advice ... get a TA! They have a lot more ways to get information than you have and may even "find" available staterooms that appear to be "Waitlisted".

Perhaps Jancruz knows, my TA will, there is a deadline date for Groups to confirm/sale blocked cabins before they are released for general first come first sales. If there is a large Group event on your cruise, that deadline date is a good time to be watching for waitlists to be possibly lifted.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, indigosails said:

…what, exactly, does waitlisted mean?

I'm not sure anyone exactly answered this for you. It means the category has already been sold out, booked, reserved etc. and the only way you can possibly get a room in that category is to "get on the waitlist". There are basically 2 types, waitlist with deposit or waitlist without deposit. Those with a deposit should have a better shot of getting a room than those without. 

Some people might have a confirmed booking already in a lower, or higher category, but be waitlisted for their preferred category. Good luck. 

• Like 2

I am guessing that the current COVID situation is having an affect on things. Even though a year out, O has no way of knowing where we will be with the pandemic. Since cruises are being rum at reduced capacity, I would imagine that cabins have been blocked to keep to those reductions. If/when we get past this mess and they can run at full capacity I am guessing cabins will be released in the different categories. Just a guess …

• Like 1