Secrets of the Spirit Class

let's go cruising

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2021 at 5:55 PM, kwokpot said:

The spirit (pun not intended) of the OP's post is to find out things, whatever that may be,  about the Spirit Class that may be unique to this ship's design and not on other Carnival ships. The OP has never sailed on a Spirit Class ship, so they are looking for information about this ship class so they can enjoy their cruise better. 

I started this thread and am bumping it again because I will finally get to sail on her this June! Kwokpot put it beautifully that I am just looking for information unique to this class of ship that could add to my experience. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 2:49 PM, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Always liked these cabins.  Are they still good value rooms like they were before?

We booked this type of room for Luminosa (I guess it's a spirit/vista hybrid in class?) - anyway, we paid the same price for this room as an interior (which I thought was an amazing value, not only natural light but a sofa also).

• Like 1

The spirit class is gorgeous. It’s a small comfortable ship where you can hide away in solitude if you want or parry it up. 

I love the secret gardens others mentioned that wrap around the theater location. They’re gorgeous and comfortable. You’ll mostly see crew in it as a major crew entrance is there. If you’re in a king cruise with a lot of service dogs, that will often be where dogs do business so it can smell bad sometimes. 

the spirit theaters are awesome. The trick to these is to not sit in the back of the first floor. You can go to the second or third fooor for a good view. The back of the first floor of the theater, if they raise the platform things may get cut off. This ends up making the second theater floor the heat. I like to sit one row up

• Like 3

Not a secret as it’s easily accessible and noticeable but if you haven’t booked a room yet, on deck 8, if you use the forward elevators and walk back through the hallway, there are little windows to the open lobby atrium.  They have glass but are IMO a nice little difference.  I’d imagine they are on at least 7 and 6 too but don’t know about any lower.  Makes a nice change to walking back through the long hallway.

On the Spirit there is a hot tub in the fitness center area - hardly used at all, especially nice on rainy days. There is ice water, towels, and some nice comfy chairs there.  Don't know if is on all the spirit-class ships though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

On the Spirit there is a hot tub in the fitness center area - hardly used at all, especially nice on rainy days. There is ice water, towels, and some nice comfy chairs there.  Don't know if is on all the spirit-class ships though.

Depends on the itinerary. I was on the Pride last year in Europe for 31 days and the whirlpool was packed in the afternoon every single day. I workout everyday in the afternoons so I can see what's going on. On one of the segments there was this gentleman who acted as if he was the King of the Hottub and everyday when I did my workout he would be there and would literally be the only person talking for an hour in a packed whirlpool. Not quite sure what the allure of this guy was but it was quite amusing to see people fawn over his every word. .  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pe4all said:

Unfortunately on the Miracle, the big hot tub in the fitness center is no more. Empty space now.

20 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's disappointing. Too much maintenance?

I don't know. It was just gone without any fanfare, not even sure when they took it out. It was a good secret though. On the Spirit it is not crowded at all most of the time. They are updating the spa area on the pride with the current dry dock. Hope that hot tub doesn't fall victim also.

A long time ago, our first cruise was on Celebrity. They had a lunch buffet many days in the adult only area. The food followed the theme in the Lido Buffet, but was skewed to the healthier side.

Is there anywhere on Spirit Class ships that they serve a small buffet breakfast or lunch?

In January 2020, we were on the Magic and I think I remember finding a small buffet breakfast next to the Alchemy bar. My memory of it is very hazy. I didn't know about the buffet until the end of the cruise, unfortunately, since the Lido was always crazy.

39 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

A long time ago, our first cruise was on Celebrity. They had a lunch buffet many days in the adult only area. The food followed the theme in the Lido Buffet, but was skewed to the healthier side.

Is there anywhere on Spirit Class ships that they serve a small buffet breakfast or lunch?

In January 2020, we were on the Magic and I think I remember finding a small buffet breakfast next to the Alchemy bar. My memory of it is very hazy. I didn't know about the buffet until the end of the cruise, unfortunately, since the Lido was always crazy.

No

• 6 months later...
36 minutes ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

On the Spirit, is that a pool AND a hot tub on the Serenity Deck?  Or just one or the other?  Any good pictures someone can share?  Thank you in advance!

Dan

Here's a pic I found on cruisedeckplans.com. Looks like a small pool and hot tub. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/popup-deckpics.php?r=4915

38 minutes ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

On the Spirit, is that a pool AND a hot tub on the Serenity Deck?  Or just one or the other?  Any good pictures someone can share?  Thank you in advance!

Dan

Here's a pic from above as well. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/popup-deckpics.php?r=38546

15 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

Here's a pic I found on cruisedeckplans.com. Looks like a small pool and hot tub. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/popup-deckpics.php?r=4915

14 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

Thank you, @MistyRo76

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 2:49 PM, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Always liked these cabins.  Are they still good value rooms like they were before?

We’re in one on our up coming cruise on the Miracle. They’re good value because they’re categorized as inside cabins.  
We’ve never stayed in one before (almost always we’re balcony folks), and not quite sure what to expect but I’ll be able to let you know in about 10 days if no one else has by then. 
I saw a YouTube video from a couple of years ago and they were able to open it. 
I’m hoping we will be able to also but doubt we’ll be able to.

1 hour ago, amcankid said:

We’re in one on our up coming cruise on the Miracle. They’re good value because they’re categorized as inside cabins.  
We’ve never stayed in one before (almost always we’re balcony folks), and not quite sure what to expect but I’ll be able to let you know in about 10 days if no one else has by then. 
I saw a YouTube video from a couple of years ago and they were able to open it. 
I’m hoping we will be able to also but doubt we’ll be able to.

None of the Spirit class doors open any more to the 4K rooms unfortunately.