WiFi cam on board

mgf316

Hey Everyone!

So has anyone ever successfully set up a WiFi camera (such as a Wyze cam) on board. I have a 2 year old and would love to be able to have him nap without us being in the cabin but be able to keep an eye on him at all times. 

I have the Voom WiFi package and a travel router but not sure if that’s going to work so figured I ask if anyone has ever done this before.

Thanks!!

Edited by mgf316
  • Haha 1

• mgf316 changed the title to WiFi cam on board

No.

Unless the Wyze camera has a built in browser where you can login device onto Ships WiFi network. 

Not even going to comment on leaving a 2 year old alone while you are out and about. Ill save that for the pitbulls of CC.

Edited by alexgtp
  • Haha 3

I am sorry, but why in the world would you want to do this and leave your two year old unattended in a cruise ship cabin?  If your child is going to hinder your enjoyment of the cruise, then don't take them.  You do you, but this seems pretty irresponsible.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Not one to judge, but what happens if he runs into trouble?

You could watch him choke to death while you try to make it back to your cabin. 

Ok guys let me make it more clear I see this is causing a little uproar and I can totally see why. By me not being in the cabin I totally mean my wife and I being on the balcony so we can keep an eye on him and not have to go in and out and make noise. He is a light sleeper so we definitely don’t want to have to go in and out. I would never leave my child alone and go wandering around the ship… just want to be clear on that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mgf316 said:

Ok guys let me make it more clear I see this is causing a little uproar and I can totally see why. By me not being in the cabin I totally mean my wife and I being on the balcony so we can keep an eye on him and not have to go in and out and make noise. He is a light sleeper so we definitely don’t want to have to go in and out. I would never leave my child alone and go wandering around the ship… just want to be clear on that.

Whew!  Thank you for the clarification. 😁  One, some children love the soothing sound of the ocean, leave the balcony door partially open, that way you can hear them and they may sleep soundly.  Two, do you have an iPhone and Apple Watch?  If so set up your iPhone on a tripod and have the display set to never turn off, and open the camera app and have it pointed at the bed.  Then you can use the Apple Watch camera app to view what your iPhones camera is seeing.

Edited by TheBucketLister

1 minute ago, TheBucketLister said:

Whew!  Thank you for the clarification. 😁  One, some children love the soothing sound of the ocean, leave the balcony door partially open, that way you can hear them and they may sleep soundly.  Two, do you have an iPhone and Apple Watch?  If so set up your iPhone on a tripod and have the display set to never turn off, and open the camera app and have it pointed at the bed.  Then you can use the Apple Watch's camera app to view what your iPhone is seeing.

Haha you are welcome. I can totally see how it sounded really bad. We have a sound machine we are going to put on for

him.

That’s actually a great idea with the phone and the Apple Watch. Thanks!