Luggage Options?

We plan to roll our luggage on the ship because I don't want to wait for it to be delivered.  Plus its only a weekend cruise so we won't have much. 

What time are the cabins usually ready? Our boarding time is around noon, but the ship doesn't sail until 7pm.   

Are we allowed to drop off luggage near the cabin doors or leave just inside the closet or something?  Or will the corridors be blocked off?

Any other options other than lugging it around the ship? 

Its Freedom of the Seas.  Thank you! 

7 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

You can only carry luggage onboard that will fit through an airport security scanner, nothing bigger than a carry on. You will be expected to tote your luggage until cabin opens. Only exception is with purchase of Key, then you can drop off in dining room to have delivered. 

What is a "Key"? and yes, it won't be anything bigger than a small roller bag.  Pretty much packing bathing suits, a pair of jeans and a couple blouses.  That is why I wanted to carry it on.  LOL  Keeping it Simple! 

Edited by GetMeToTheSpa

1 hour ago, GetMeToTheSpa said:

We plan to roll our luggage on the ship because I don't want to wait for it to be delivered.  Plus its only a weekend cruise so we won't have much. 

What time are the cabins usually ready? Our boarding time is around noon, but the ship doesn't sail until 7pm.   

Are we allowed to drop off luggage near the cabin doors or leave just inside the closet or something?  Or will the corridors be blocked off?

I found it aggravating to lug around a carryon bag while walking around ship before rooms open.  Its why we usually try to do our check-in later.  Husband and I always have backpacks with our work laptops/tablets with us as its obviously easier to carry especially in Windjammer for lunch and over to the solarium or down on deck 4 outside to just relax.  Ive tripped over so many of the carryons on embarkation and disembarking in the Windjammer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

You can only carry luggage onboard that will fit through an airport security scanner, nothing bigger than a carry on. You will be expected to tote your luggage until cabin opens. Only exception is with purchase of Key, then you can drop off in dining room to have delivered. 

I’ll defer to others on current times cabins open.

I had a medium size luggage fit through the scanner in Fort Lauderdale and in San Juan. I did not try it in any of the other ports but the ones I have been to all looked the same size 
The cruise scanners are larger than an airport scanner 

Edited by LilBlackDress

3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I’ll defer to others on current times cabins open.

Not true. Scanners at port fit a normal size suitcase just fine

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GetMeToTheSpa said:

Last week on Symphony - cabin corridors were blocked off until just after 2 pm (when cabins opened).  You will need to lug it around the ship (we arrived at 1pm and went to eat lunch & began utilizing our drink package until the cabins opened and then deposited carry ons in the cabin.  Our regular luggage didn't arrive until 4pm ish).  

15 hours ago, GetMeToTheSpa said:

What is a "Key"? and yes, it won't be anything bigger than a small roller bag.  Pretty much packing bathing suits, a pair of jeans and a couple blouses.  That is why I wanted to carry it on.  LOL  Keeping it Simple! 

Even when we check our bags, we carry on our swimsuits! We're in the Solarium pool first thing.😁

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I stand corrected. Sounds like it may vary a bit from port to port though. I just pulled this up from Royal’s website:

Thank you so much for being polite - instead of griping that someone corrected you - accept it and go on!  Totally not related to this thread but I felt the need to say there are polite ways to dealing with this kind of thing!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GetMeToTheSpa said:

No, yes, no.