Adventure OTS 3 Nov 2021 cancelled (post dry-dock)

Wife had planned on a solo 5-nighter on Adventure on 11/3/21 out of Galveston in an aft balcony, but just received a cancellation email from RCCL. (She was also booked on the 10/29 cruise which was also cancelled a few weeks ago.) Same reason about dry dock inspection.

Now she's on the phone with Royal trying to rebook to another 2021 Galveston sailing. Letter says she's price protected even in a 7-night Liberty OTS but unsure what cabin will be available. Also worried that she'll lose the additional 2x points promo... We'll see.

Oh no!  It happened again.  We sail the 12 th.  I hope they get her back in time.  

I can’t rebook as there is no vacation time at work.  I used a string of days off as an RN to book ours, working all my days before and after the 5 nights.  And our schedule is out for the rest of the year.   We also have our first owners suite.  I need a vacation SO BAD! The DH and I ( like many I suppose ) haven’t been anywhere in a year.  We don’t even plan to leave the ship but just rest and relax away from the house we’ve been trapped in.

It is what it is. My moaning won’t change things but they have sure messed up a lot of peoples plans.  Hoping she gets back from France in time for us.  3 weeks notice is pretty disappointing. 

1 hour ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

Wife had planned on a solo 5-nighter on Adventure on 11/3/21 out of Galveston in an aft balcony, but just received a cancellation email from RCCL. (She was also booked on the 10/29 cruise which was also cancelled a few weeks ago.) Same reason about dry dock inspection.

Now she's on the phone with Royal trying to rebook to another 2021 Galveston sailing. Letter says she's price protected even in a 7-night Liberty OTS but unsure what cabin will be available. Also worried that she'll lose the additional 2x points promo... We'll see.

are they offering the later November 2021 sailings to her?  That really stinks.  We are on the 11/12 sailing.  

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

are they offering the later November 2021 sailings to her?  That really stinks.  We are on the 11/12 sailing.  

Yes, but she was already booked 11/26 so instead took Liberty 12/5 7-nighter.  She asked for a forward -facing OV cabin on Deck 9, and after a long phone call was able to switch with a $26 port charges add'l payment. 

• Like 1

I got an email this week that our departure had been pushed back to 5 p.m. and our time in Costa Maya changed.  I’m hoping this is a good sign that they think we are still a go on November 12.

Those who have done trans Atlantic trips….about how many days does it take for Adventure to get across the pond from France?  I’ll be watching cruisemapper.

I’m trying to stay positive that we are a go.  In the meantime I’m looking for alternatives so our week isn’t ruined.  I’m hoping they let us know sooner then later. 3 weeks isn’t much time especially if I now have to buy airfare to go somewhere.

6 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

Haven't been notified but our 11/8/2021 cruise on our planner shows it has been cancelled.  Thought we were over this.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get your hopes up, I thought it was a good sign.  I hope you get it rescheduled.

so we are also on the 11/8 sailing-in theory.  Yesterday I tried to finish check in and that’s when I found our res marked as voyage canceled. but we also got the email with the itinerary change, which was just Galveston departure time and Cozumel arrival time.  I called and eventually talked to a woman who checked with her supervisor.  Their take on it is that the voyage canceled is shown because of the itinerary change/departure time change.  Not sure I believe them but today we’re still showing canceled but you can go to the RCCL website and book the 11/8 sailing.   So I guess I'll wait to see what it shows on Monday since their IT department has never been anything to write home about.  

Our cruise planner and check in on the 12th is still open and unchanged.  TBD.  

I sure it’s in a bit of a flux for them if there are supply issues for dry dock.  However they should be transparent and give us as much of a heads up as possible.  AND better options then a refund or Liberty. 

13 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Our cruise planner and check in on the 12th is still open and unchanged.  TBD.  

I sure it’s in a bit of a flux for them if there are supply issues for dry dock.  However they should be transparent and give us as much of a heads up as possible.  AND better options then a refund or Liberty. 

I agree it was nice to get the double points, would be a shame to lose that.  With such short notice, I can see getting other times off as being very difficult.  I have a balcony booked, and if I took the Liberty, I would also expect a balcony.

3 hours ago, vplsh said:

Anyone on the Nov. 8 cruise receive anything definite about cancellation? We are booked on the Nov. 12 cruise and are just wondering.

We are/were booked on Nov 8 and Nov 12, but haven't received an email on the Nov 8 sailing. But Nov 8 shows as Cancelled on our My Cruises? 

After getting cancelled on 10/29 and 11/3, really hoping Adventure is back in revenue service very soon!  Onboard Independence now & Loyalty Ambassador mentioned something about test sailing, which I hadn't thought about before.