Just back from Anthem: Some Observations

compman9

1 hour ago, TAPNKEGS said:

I am getting away for the southern 12 day from Jersey in December and was curious if the rules change once in the US.

That won't be known till she starts sailing from Bayonne and even then it could change with each sailing.

2 hours ago, TAPNKEGS said:

(MDR is just too time consuming 🙂 )

I've found that if you tell your waitstaff that you want to eat quickly and leave quickly, they can and will accommodate you.  If you order multiple appetizers and request them to bring them all at once, they'll set your soup and your salad and your escargot on the table all at once.  

You can set the pace if you want to -- you just have to tell them what you want.  

3 hours ago, TAPNKEGS said:

Is this a perm thing or is there any factual basis for the determination of ship capacity % equating if the windjammer is open for dinner...   seems a bit odd is all. I am getting away for the southern 12 day from Jersey in December and was curious if the rules change once in the US.

I can only report what I was told on board.  They open the WJ for dinner when capacity reaches 50%.  It was closed on my sailing at 40%, but open on the sailing after mine since they exceeded 50%.

On 10/15/2021 at 3:31 PM, compman9 said:

There was one common mantra among senior officers - Everything will be back to normal by next May.

Hi.  This is so so good to hear.  🙂 I've been putting off re-booking even though I am desperate for a cruise because masks etc are a big no-no for me.  Was there any other information on timescales etc?

3 hours ago, BeeBerry said:

Hi.  This is so so good to hear.  🙂 I've been putting off re-booking even though I am desperate for a cruise because masks etc are a big no-no for me.  Was there any other information on timescales etc?

Yes, full fleet run out by March, full itinerary list with (hopefully) restrictions removed, May

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, compman9 said:

This is the first all-British cruise I have experienced. For the RCI employees on this board - WE NEED MORE BARS - On three of the six nights there were no available seats in any of the drinking venues. We Brits like a drink, but 🤣