Extending your cruise

hardbal92

With the ships sailing at reduced capacity, your chances of there being a cabin available are probably decent.  Pre-Covid, someone seeking to extend would often be faced with a sold-out cruise that would preclude an extension.  

As WestLakeGirl pointed out, requesting this as early as possible is a good idea, for the formalities required.

There were a couple ofmpeople I talked with on the 10/4 Summit cruise who extended their cruise. One man was on his fourth b2b and his answer to the question of whether he was staying for another was "I don't know, ask my wife." 

• Haha 1

You can if there are cabins available.

One passenger on the Summit  now with a current thread ( Summit 10/14 Live …. ) shows some extra SBC for booking the next cruise while on board.  By doing a booking on board you won’t have to worry about the tests as X does that for B2B cruisers.  

I doubt that they are having any fire sales.  

If it works go for it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Hello,

A former work colleague is a frequent P&O cruiser.

He told me that it was not uncommon for the Next Cruise sales team to wander the ship offering places on the very next cruise either at heavily discounted rates or with added benefits.

Similarly Cunard used to display next cruise offers on the stateroom TV.

I've never understood why RCI doesn't do the same. I was told by a guest relations worker that, despite the sign on the counter, the ships very rarely sail full and the sign was there to save them from dealing with upgrade requests.

Regards,

Cublet

While on the Edge in September we were looking to stay on, there was a Tuesday night deadline to make your decision. Plenty of cabins available so would not of been an issue. 

Also in the early days of the cruise Future Cruise has specials, ours was 20% off the second leg and added OBC. 

Cheers!