New to Celebrity - Classic drink package questions

Froufie

10 minutes ago, kangelop said:

Does anyone know if you get the classic package as part of your booking what the price is to upgrade to premium?

Yes, it's $10 per day plus 20% service charge (=$12).

However, if you are in the Elite-Plus [possibly even Elite] tier of Captain's Club, you can get 10% off that (thus $10.80 per day) ... but only if you upgrade from home (not aboard the ship).

Edited by jg51

7 hours ago, jg51 said:

Yes, it's $10 per day plus 20% service charge (=$12).

However, if you are in the Elite-Plus [possibly even Elite] tier of Captain's Club, you can get 10% off that (thus $10.80 per day) ... but only if you upgrade from home (not aboard the ship).

You have to call them to get the 10% discount cant do it online. 

Our internet seems to be working this morning on the Apex TA.  I think it might be a Covid precautions, but I have not seen any receipts.  I purchased a beer over the premium limit and they just told me the charge.  Generally I would say they are also not necessarily scanning the sea pass card.  I believe they look to see that you have the package and ask for your stateroom number.  It looks to me as if Celebrity is minimizing any contact.  

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Our internet seems to be working this morning on the Apex TA.  I think it might be a Covid precautions, but I have not seen any receipts.  I purchased a beer over the premium limit and they just told me the charge.  Generally I would say they are also not necessarily scanning the sea pass card.  I believe they look to see that you have the package and ask for your stateroom number.  It looks to me as if Celebrity is minimizing any contact.  

Our experience, on the Equinox in September, was this:

They would take the card [and cash gratuity!] for the first day or two, doing their best to memorize the first part of our surname.  After that, they would simply enter those letters (not needing the card), and that would be enough to carry out the transaction.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2021 at 3:56 AM, upwarduk said:

We only gave our cabin number, not our card when ordering on Silhouette in August.

That is good customer service, as worst case one is giving an undeserved free drink, but not policy (as one could charge a drink to another cabin, in theory).  But if the crew recognize you from prior orders, seems fine.