Postal 2 Day test recommendations U.K.

liztheslimmer

Greetings to all.

We are sailing on Sky Princess this weekend, from Southampton, and wish to purchase the home test, which we require for the passenger locator form.

We do not wish to pay through the nose for it, but equally, it needs to be suitable for the form.

It seems to be a bit of a minefield out there, with some companies recommended by the government, and others not.

Recent successful applications, or ones to avoid, would be a great help.

Many thanks.

Hello, we used Vital Clinic and booked onsite testing for a very reasonable £9.99 each when we returned from our Regal Princess cruise 10 days ago. The service was good and the site easy to find in Burnley. Not a million miles from you. We had the results in 48 hours and more importantly the reference number was accepted on the PLF. Found them on the government recommended list but with a higher price, so was very happy when at checkout the cost was reduced. 😃

Hope you find something to suit you. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 11:21 PM, dog said:

Is it a PCR test required now with self isolation until you get a negative result?

where can I get one of these tests delivered to my London hotel or Salisbury hotel?

Hi Dog,

If it were me, I should start by emailing the hotel and ask if you may use their address to have a kit delivered for collection upon your arrival.  (this is known as using hotel as a poste restante address). The one to go for will be "self-test at home - post return".  You do it all yourself and drop it in a pillar box (post box). The appropriate ones are listed on a  map location format nearest you on the internet by quoting the hotel's post code.  The test result gets emailed to you.

Then pick a provider,  get on the UK government website,  "Finding and Choosing Private Coronavirus (covid 19) test provider."  Scroll down to the list of providers of the test type you need, assess their services and prices then choose one. Order and pay for the item using the hotel's address with your name. It will be delivered at the hotel within 2 or 3 days roughly.  The test provider will quote a "test appointment" reference for PLF etc. and of course it is not really an actual appointment when you self-test, but the reference number is crucial.

Not sure the type of test required. Last time it happened to me I went for the PCR as was the government requirement at the time but when I travelled they had said that the Lateral Flow was acceptable.  My PCR was fine though and I assume the PCR is of a higher regarded status though more expensive.  What is appropriate at your date of travel may be different to now.

Regards Keith

Edited by john watson
  • Haha 1