LIVE from the MAIDEN VOYAGE OF THE ROTTERDAM VII - TRANSATLANTIC

sansterre

13 hours ago, TexasTrini said:

@sansterre Thank you so much for doing this live reporting on your cruise! Could I ask you to please post a few pictures of the drinks menus in different venues, if its not too much trouble? I'm particularly interested in the price of Disaronno Amaretto. I'm trying to decide which beverage package to buy for the Rotterdam in December and it would be helpful to know what my favorite drink actually costs. Thanks in advance!

Yes, I will start checking out drink menus.  I also have some photos of our V cabin, but not any of the veranda yet so have not posted them.  There are many photos of the ship to share in the next 6 sea days.  And if you have questions, just ask.  I'll try to answer them or find an answer. Or if others on board have photos to share or can answer a question please do.

Our knitting group has moved to the Dutch Cafe.

Also have nail appointment this morning.  So off and running for now.  Back with pics later!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mdwriter said:

Has anyone tested positive for Covid on the TA cruise?

Not that I know of.  Our maitre d told us all crew tested positive.  He had not heard anything about passenger's tests results and neither have we.  No news is good news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this live report!  Cruising the Rotterdam in Feb.... it's been a few years since I've been on a cruise...last Hal was the Koningsdam...I cannot remember if I have seen this info before or not...but is there a hot tub at the retreat...behind the Crows Nest?  Rented a family cabana for this cruise.. Thanks in advance if you can find out for me!

1 hour ago, jbhcw said:

Thank you for this live report!  Cruising the Rotterdam in Feb.... it's been a few years since I've been on a cruise...last Hal was the Koningsdam...I cannot remember if I have seen this info before or not...but is there a hot tub at the retreat...behind the Crows Nest?  Rented a family cabana for this cruise.. Thanks in advance if you can find out for me!

There is no hot tub at the retreat area where the cabanas are located.  Hot tubs are located at the Lido pool and Sea View pool.  Although I will say there appears to be a hot tub on the deck plan where the retreat is located on deck 12, so maybe I'm wrong!  😁

Edited by 0bnxshs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jbhcw said:

Nope. There isn't a hot tub in any of the Retreats on any of the ships that have them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sansterre said:

Yes, I will start checking out drink menus.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, sansterre said:

Our knitting group has moved to the Dutch Cafe.

I always take my knitting on my cruises, but you have a group! That's terrific!

1 hour ago, vitagirl said:

Is there Happy Hour at 4:00, with drinks buy one get for $2

The times might vary depending on the ship but the happy hours seem to be buy 1 get another 50% off now rather than the $2 additional drink.

Edited by 0bnxshs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sansterre said:

Not that I know of.  Our maitre d told us all crew tested positive.  He had not heard anything about passenger's tests results and neither have we.  No news is good news!

I hope you mean they tested negative- meaning they do not have Covid. I am taking the November 5 cruise and chose HAL specifically because they said everyone including crew would be vaccinated

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Nope. There isn't a hot tub in any of the Retreats on any of the ships that have them.

Not true.  Koningsdam has a silly green bunny rabbit in the Retreat, but when they made Nieuw Statendam the bunny was replaced by a hot tub.  It's small, but it's there - my travel buddy used it quite often.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, vitagirl said:

Is there Happy Hour at 4:00, with drinks buy one get for $2

On the Koningsdam last week the drinks were 50 percent off from 4 to 5 in several bars.  Didn't have to buy one to get the next one 50 off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/23/2021 at 2:20 PM, sassy~one said:

Thanks so much for the update and pictures.  I have never been to the Dutch Cafe. Please are there items at no cost?  Is this location where the afternoon tea is held? Thanks

On the Pinnacle Class I have seen tea held in the MDR but also a couple times in the Queen's Lounge. It may vary OR it may have changed at some point

• Like 2

I’ve had the afternoon tea in the BBKing club area on my last cruise on the Statendam.  I believe I may have had it also there on the Koningsdam.

24 minutes ago, InTheWASide said:

On the Pinnacle Class I have seen tea held in the MDR but also a couple times in the Queen's Lounge. It may vary OR it may have changed at some point

4 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

There is no hot tub at the retreat area where the cabanas are located.  Hot tubs are located at the Lido pool and Sea View pool.  Although I will say there appears to be a hot tub on the deck plan where the retreat is located on deck 12, so maybe I'm wrong!  😁

I'll try to check that out next time I'm in the area.  

• Like 1

Food is free at the Dutch Cafe, but drinks (except water) are $$$.  Prices were in the photo on page 4 or 5.  Today I noticed there was food at no charge in the Crow's Nest bar/Explorations Central - brownies, etc.  

50% Happy Hour is 3:30 at Billboard Onboard, Deck 2.  Not sure, but think that might go for an hour.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Everything is paperless so I had to take a screen shot.  So glad my daughter taught me how to get a screen shot.  The knowledge came in handy today!

The next photo is the entrance to the Greenhouse Spa.  Charlene, on the right, did a nice job on my nails.  She is from Jamaica.

IMG_9487.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Here is our group (minus me, taking photo) waiting to get off at Ponta Delgada, Azores in the Ocean Bar area.  We had a half day tour planned, ending up at the Pineapple Plantation.  

Fresh fruit was getting limited today at breakfast.  Seems that a whole container of provisions was waiting for the Rotterdam 2, but wasn't able to be loaded.  Our waiter told us fresh fruit was on it, flown in from the USA.

Gala dinner tonight, followed by trivia, and then The Jersey Tenors return on the Main Stage!

waiting for Azores tour.jpg

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2