Equinox nov 19

georgeschris

With the turmoil of a world pandemic and the cruising world fearful of masks and the unvaccinated, comes Celebrity Cruise Line to the rescue. We just got back from our second cruise aboard a Celebrity ship. This time the beautiful, reliable Celebrity Equinox, with 95+%/ 100% vaccinated passengers/crew. NO masks for vaccinated passengers made this vacation cruise a 'GO' having been cancelled and having cancelled many cruises this past 15 months. This is really the best of all times to be on a (vaccinated) cruise ship. The passenger capacity is 50% giving the 'glad to be back', eager to please staff more time to accommodate the fewer passengers in their care. No reservations needed at every venue, no crowded theatre shows, easy to self social distance in doors and around the pools. It is easier for the crew to keep the ship cleaner picking up after fewer passengers. Everything and everyone rated a perfect 10 out of 10. We probably shouldn't be 'letting the cat out of the bag' by advertising all this now, but we have already got all are bookings in for the cabins we desire for the foreseeable future. Bon Voyage !

Do a scroll from past posts and you will see some past sailings reviews since July when Equinox started sailing.

my two cents - Thanksgiving cruises and Christmas cruises will have a higher pax number. Just be prepared ! 
Happy cruising !

The preceding was our review of the Equinox for the August 1, 2021 sailing. We are booked again on the Equinox for your cruise  for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas/New years. This year we have gone back and forth between the only two ships we trust, the Edge and the Equinox. Celebrity's "Cruise with Confidence" is added bonus. For all cruises, until the end of the year, they will fly any covid cases home at Celebrity"s expense on private air. (This is a great because commercial air will not take DW's 8 suitcases). We pay extra for trip insurance anyway as overlapping coverage, but it is really unneeded with Celebrity's policy of coverage at NO CHARGE.

3 minutes ago, brockmom said:

Do a scroll from past posts and you will see some past sailings reviews since July when Equinox started sailing.

my two cents - Thanksgiving cruises and Christmas cruises will have a higher pax number. Just be prepared ! 
Happy cruising !

Thanks for the 'heads up'.  One would expect increase in capacity ship wide with all the 'rave' reviews coming into CC these past months. We have experienced that the suite venues have been 95-100% booked on every sailing and only one evening on the Edge was the suite dining venue mobbed, that was lobster night. If one is not adverse to eating at 5:30 - 6:00pm, one will be fine.

15 hours ago, georgeschris said:

Just inquiring how recent cruises have been on the Equinox. Any info would be helpful and appreciated. We are still deciding whether to cancel or not, not knowing how it would be on the ship, I.e. atmosphere, # of people, etc. thanks. George

I was on Equinox recently for a B2B ABC's and Southern Caribbean in last month.   

I did a live report that will probably answer all your questions and more.   It was a very popular thread and another CC member jumped in and assisted by posting also.     It may not be for the faint of heart as it runs 92 pages.    Lots of pictures, menus, commentary on social distancing and the number of Covid Cases and how they were handled. 

BTW -- I would highly recommend and loved it so much I'm currently on a B2B on Millennium.

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

With the turmoil of a world pandemic and the cruising world fearful of masks and the unvaccinated, comes Celebrity Cruise Line to the rescue. We just got back from our second cruise aboard a Celebrity ship. This time the beautiful, reliable Celebrity Equinox, with 95+%/ 100% vaccinated passengers/crew. NO masks for vaccinated passengers made this vacation cruise a 'GO' having been cancelled and having cancelled many cruises this past 15 months. This is really the best of all times to be on a (vaccinated) cruise ship. The passenger capacity is 50% giving the 'glad to be back', eager to please staff more time to accommodate the fewer passengers in their care. No reservations needed at every venue, no crowded theatre shows, easy to self social distance in doors and around the pools. It is easier for the crew to keep the ship cleaner picking up after fewer passengers. Everything and everyone rated a perfect 10 out of 10. We probably shouldn't be 'letting the cat out of the bag' by advertising all this now, but we have already got all are bookings in for the cabins we desire for the foreseeable future. Bon Voyage !

I felt the exact same about my August Equinox cruise..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, georgeschris said:

Just inquiring how recent cruises have been on the Equinox. Any info would be helpful and appreciated. We are still deciding whether to cancel or not, not knowing how it would be on the ship, I.e. atmosphere, # of people, etc. thanks. George

I was on the first cruise back at the end of July. It was fabulous! About 1/2 full.  The theater was noticeably empty during shows, but otherwise it was just great. 

Just back from b2b on Equinox arriving  home Oct. 17. No masks for the 100% vax adults. Crew is masked. Great cruises. Crew are so happy to be back at work and can't do enough for you. Lovely food everywhere. Oceanview Cafe great, not crowded at any time that I was there, and crew serving did not seem to slow anything down. Actually, you pick up your own plate and flatware, just as before. Just hold out your plate for what you want. Or bowl as it may be.  Ice cream was great. Luminae was outstanding. Since suites were sold out, there was a bit of crowding in the retreat lounge at times, but Jonathon and Yulia,, concierges there, were so helpful and pleasant. We began going up to Sky L:ounge for before dinner drink for the second cruise. That was never crowded or noisy, Again , service was outstanding.  Best check in and departure ever.  We did not care that most islands required X excursions. I don't believe the ABC.s did, but they did require masks to be worn everywhere. We did not get off the ship at all. There was the normal entertainment options as well as Beyond the Podium presentations. Lots of games, etc. with the cruise director's staff.  Our best cruise so far after cruising for 20 years!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...