RCCL announces World Cruise, 61 K for inside.

Bill Miller

15 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Several of our friends have mentioned obtaining medications and even a dentist. But lets imagine what great shore excursions these trip to the Pharmacia and Doctor Dentist might turn into.  And how about buying knock off meds? Like medical trick or treat. I love it.   

I would still go for it...

As this could happen on the routine Caribbean sailing, as well...

In health and bon voyage

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I just got off the phone with RCCL.  For a 210 SF cabin, 70 SF balcony, cost is $166k, 10% discount if paid by Jan 2023, so $150K, or $273/day/pp for a 274 day cruise.  Lots included, gratuities, laundry, butler, internet, drink package.  This itinerary is really truly amazing.  A lot to like about this.

If my dw and I were truly committed to do this- we would go for a Grand Suite or above on a Royal ship that offered dining in Coastal Kitchen (like Luminae on Celebrity).  This amount of time (274 days) would really be do-able only in a suite.  Or risk becoming claustrophobic onboard.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SireDoime said:

Value versus waste. 🤷🏿‍♂️

You are absolutely correct, as what I think is a waste, others find value....

As I move forward in life and living, things that I once thought of as a waste, I truly find of value at my point of life and living.

While I have in the past spoken about value vs waste of money and time, I have come to really understand that I cannot spend someone else money or direct them to spend on items which are not of value to them one way or another.

I appreciate them and their choices rather it be mine or not... even within my family, there are those who do things I think is a waste and vis-a-versa, unless I Am asked for my opinion or purchasing it for them, I say go for it and enjoy all along the way.

Then I wait for the commentary and review to come in, about their thoughts on value vs waste...

bon voyage

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

You are absolutely correct, as what I think is a waste, others find value....

As I move forward in life and living, things that I once thought of as a waste, I truly find of value at my point of life and living.

While I have in the past spoken about value vs waste of money and time, I have come to really understand that I cannot spend someone else money or direct them to spend on items which are not of value to them one way or another.

I appreciate them and their choices rather it be mine or not... even within my family, there are those who do things I think is a waste and vis-a-versa, unless I Am asked for my opinion or purchasing it for them, I say go for it and enjoy all along the way.

Then I wait for the commentary and review to come in, about their thoughts on value vs waste...

bon voyage

The only waste is Time- if you wait to do what you want to do.  No matter the cost.  The COVID pandemic has taught me that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Sounds amazing but I would loose my provincial health insurance being out of the country this long. 180 days is the longest one can be away in one trip and still keep their health coverage.

They will let you fly home for a few and then return, at your cost though...

In health and bon voyage

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

We are very seriously thinking about it.  Got a courtesy hold until Saturday.  

I had a feeling you might do this cruise. Now that you are retired and can cruise full time, this really gives you bang for your buck. Time is precious and this one delivers.

15 hours ago, SireDoime said:

Just shows how committed folk are to RC not to see their being ripped off. 61K$ for an inside versus what Regent, Crystal, or other luxury lines offer is whacky, BUT, they aren't party ships either. They are full luxury, RC is not. My point is anyone paying 61k$ to spend 274 days for an inside room is a waste of money. But as you said, some people will pay that for an inside room, even if they only use it to sleep. I just wonder if they will get the same service and experience as the upper suite guests who pay over a 100K$.

I think you have not taken into consideration that this is the Celebrity Forum not RC, although quite a few have sailed RC the reviews are mixed amoungst us, at best.

I have been on only one (1) RC ship and that was with 4,529 of my best friends and I assure you we will not be sailing together again... LOL

I Am not familiar with Serenade of The Seas, I do not envision it being that large and entering some of the ports of call as currently listed.

Yeah, I would do it in a heartbeat, were my spouse amenable to it.... LOL

I will try and push for at least one (1) segment in whatever level I can choose to sail in...

bon voyage

28 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Now that you are retired and can cruise full time, this really " gives you bang for your buck". 

" bang for your buck "---- sounds interesting --- 

But, I heard ( didn't experience it ) that there is a motel chain in the US that offers the same thing and even gives you a 25% discount if you stay the entire night.

So far I haven't read that anyone actually booked the cruise or any part of it.

I'm waiting ----

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

" bang for your buck "---- sounds interesting --- 

But, I heard ( didn't experience it ) that there is a motel chain in the US that offers the same thing and even gives you a 25% discount if you stay the entire night.

So far I haven't read that anyone actually booked the cruise or any part of it.

I'm waiting ----

With all of the cruises we have taken, along with airfare, hotels, etc.this actually would have saved us money. We are fortunate to have been to every continent and every place we have ever wanted to see.

DH retired at 48 so we have been lucky to do this while still fit and healthy. We count our blessings everyday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SireDoime said:

Just shows how committed folk are to RC not to see their being ripped off. 61K$ for an inside versus what Regent, Crystal, or other luxury lines offer is whacky, BUT, they aren't party ships either. They are full luxury, RC is not. My point is anyone paying 61k$ to spend 274 days for an inside room is a waste of money. But as you said, some people will pay that for an inside room, even if they only use it to sleep. I just wonder if they will get the same service and experience as the upper suite guests who pay over a 100K$.

Not committed to RC at all, this would only be the 2nd cruise ever with them.  For this one it is the itinerary, which I found amazing, and to celebrate retirement in a big way.  I have learned that Life is short, so live it wide.  For the record, my two successful adult children, encourage me to enjoy what I have worked hard for.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Not committed to RC at all, this would only be the 2nd cruise ever with them.  For this one it is the itinerary, which I found amazing, and to celebrate retirement in a big way.  I have learned that Life is short, so live it wide.  For the record, my two successful adult children, encourage me to enjoy what I have worked hard for.  

Good for you- I wish we could do this one but we have one booked with Princess in 2023. We are hoping to be able to do the Asian segment on this one in 2024 and hopefully will see you onboard if they don’t sell out. I’m so jealous- this would be a dream cruise 😛

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

We paid for college for both our kids.  Now it is our turn.😄  

EXACTLY!  Yours were fortunate as mine were, to graduate with a degree, get a good job, and have no student loans to pay.

Any insight from those who have done these longer world cruises before on how they might repurpose some of the spaces?  For example, I expect the kids and teens areas are not needed for their original purpose on a 274 day cruise.  

6 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

With all of the cruises we have taken, along with airfare, hotels, etc.this actually would have saved us money. We are fortunate to have been to every continent and every place we have ever wanted to see.

DH retired at 48 so we have been lucky to do this while still fit and healthy. We count our blessings everyday.

That's excellent--- 

But, I questioned whether anyone on CC has actually booked this cruise.

274 nights --- inside cabin--- no interest no matter the cost.

12 nights, S class ship, hump cabin ( don't be funny !! ), --- plus we are Elite ( Big Shots ?? )--- Wow !!!!

Not only that--- one time we were invited to dine with a Sr Officer -- which we declined --- toooo stressful --- " How many cruises ya been on ?---- Oow, the weather must be cold up there in the winter ?--- " How was your day in XXX ? "  

I'd rather sit alone with " you know who " , order 3 shrimp cocktails , filet mignon, and crème brule .

Then " Put Your Hands Together " and watch the cast of XXX perform 42nd St for the xx time--- 

I think I've been on too many cruises -- but never had a bad experience !!!!

49 minutes ago, Speasda said:

Any insight from those who have done these longer world cruises before on how they might repurpose some of the spaces?  For example, I expect the kids and teens areas are not needed for their original purpose on a 274 day cruise.  

There may be some 'home schooling' on a segment or two... yet not as many children as on Caribbean sailings, that is for sure.

Maybe teachers will be aboard to address this situation??

bon voyage

45 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

That's excellent--- 

But, I questioned whether anyone on CC has actually booked this cruise. Maybe try the RCCL forum for an answer...

274 nights --- inside cabin--- no interest no matter the cost. Quite possible for the itinerary, I can go insane after getting home!

12 nights, S class ship, hump cabin ( don't be funny !! ), --- plus we are Elite ( Big Shots ?? )--- Wow !!!! Very good...

Not only that--- one time we were invited to dine with a Sr Officer -- which we declined --- toooo stressful --- " How many cruises ya been on ?---- Oow, the weather must be cold up there in the winter ?--- " How was your day in XXX ? "  

I'd rather sit alone with " you know who " , order 3 shrimp cocktails , filet mignon, and crème brule . On a sailing this long you will be able to mix it up a bit... LOL

Then " Put Your Hands Together " and watch the cast of XXX perform 42nd St for the xx time--- 

I think I've been on too many cruises -- but never had a bad experience !!!! They promise frequent show changes so not to worry about that, otherwise just sitting in the MB will provide a great deal of entertainment, to be sure...LOL

bon voyage

I must add, rather one sails inside cabin or upper level suite, this type of cruise will not only test the passengers limits, but will add a major test for RCCL...

For example, what would they do with and for passengers in case of another pandemic, will they evacuate everyone right away or not, as I expect the ship to be fully booked...?

Port cancellations?

etc...

It will be interesting to follow, to say the least...

bon voyage

4 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I think you have not taken into consideration that this is the Celebrity Forum not RC, although quite a few have sailed RC the reviews are mixed amoungst us, at best.

I have been on only one (1) RC ship and that was with 4,529 of my best friends and I assure you we will not be sailing together again... LOL

I Am not familiar with Serenade of The Seas, I do not envision it being that large and entering some of the ports of call as currently listed.

Yeah, I would do it in a heartbeat, were my spouse amenable to it.... LOL

I will try and push for at least one (1) segment in whatever level I can choose to sail in...

bon voyage

The Serenade of the Seas is 2476 passengers,  in tonnage it is the same size as the Celebrity Infinity. It really does not have any more of the kid focused additions than you would find on most Celebrity ships.

In going down the list of ports there are really very few tender ports.  There are a few that they will have to dock a bit further from the city, but in reality that is the same situation for pretty much all of the ships in the mainstream lines (RCL, CCL, Princess, HAL, Celebrity).

Now that HAL has gotten rid of its smallest ships, to dock in close you would need to go with a premium line such as Oceania, or one of the luxury lines such as Crystal.

This cruise seems to be a good mix of ports, included extra's.  The only real uncertainty is how they are going to handle dining and food quality compared to a normal cruise, and the entertainment specifics.  If they upgrade those, like they are doing with the inclusions then it should be a very good trip.

• Thanks 1

They certainly want to make sure that anyone that puts down a deposit follows through.  The non-refundable deposit is $8000 per person for all cabins below junior suite.

From my discussions with the customer service rep, unless they have to limit capacity due to COVID, there are no plans to limit the capacity below the ships normal capacity.

To me that raises a potential problem, since many of the included excursions are available to Platinum and above that would mean that most of the ship will probably be doing those.  Moving 2000+ people, many of which require air travel, for those excursions would not be an easy task and might make for some less than positive experiences.  Especially in places such as Machu Picchu where there are now capacity limits.