RCCL announces World Cruise, 61 K for inside.

Bill Miller

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

A suite would get me there, but I still wouldn't be Pinnacle until my next cruise 🙁

The FAQs state that on this cruise, you’ll get benefits of your new level on the day you earn it (you don’t have to wait until your next cruise). 😉

55 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

The FAQs state that on this cruise, you’ll get benefits of your new level on the day you earn it (you don’t have to wait until your next cruise). 😉

NEXT CRUISE!!??....who would want to cruise after 274 days on a ship. I love cruising but I might be done with cruising for a while after that.

• Haha 2

Here's the truth and will give some perspective.  If this were the World Cruise on Celebrity, for 274 nights, and if I stayed in a Sky Suite (8 Club Points per night), I would go from my current Elite+ CC level to Zenith but just barely cross the finish line.  If I took the World Cruise in any other cabin class I would still not make Zenith!  That is just sad!😒

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Here's the truth and will give some perspective.  If this were the World Cruise on Celebrity, for 274 nights, and if I stayed in a Sky Suite (8 Club Points per night), I would go from my current Elite+ CC level to Zenith but just barely cross the finish line.  If I took the World Cruise in any other cabin class I would still not make Zenith!  That is just sad!😒

Maybe someone can recommend a "buy up" solution for extra points???

Plus, how many points would one receive for using RC's credit card to pay for the sailing?

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

How did you come up with $41,600?  Need to look at the cost per night per person.  For $61k that is $223 for an inside cabin.  And at $75k for a balcony that is $274. And that includes RT business class airfare, gratuities, WiFi and laundry.  And other unnamed amenities.  If I am Diamond or D+ I can get free drinks every night in the Diamond Lounge.  This is all sounding pretty good to me for a retirement plan!😀

Premium beverage package is included for all bookings on this world cruise.  FYI...good luck with that.  🙂

My husband called yesterday to price out the entire journey.  A balcony room for two of us for the entire 274 days was around $166,331.64.  Not for me.  Too many days away.  I'm nervous about a cruise to Australia in 2023. After a week or so, I like to come home.

8 minutes ago, slanik said:

My husband called yesterday to price out the entire journey.  A balcony room for two of us for the entire 274 days was around $166,331.64.  Not for me.  Too many days away.  I'm nervous about a cruise to Australia in 2023. After a week or so, I like to come home.

😵

prices world cruise.JPG

Edited by davekathy

17 minutes ago, slanik said:

Hey s if your husband wants to go, I will go with him...

consolation prize, I know, but what the heck...LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, slanik said:

Is this with the 10% discount for paying early?

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Buy one of the travel insurance company's 'annual packages' and you'll certainly be getting your money's worth!

But think of it...if you need periodic blood work or some other normal medical treatment... not sure they handle that sort of thing...not sure. Perhaps there is a special policy beyond their annual plans for this sort of extended travel.

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Roughly $300/day/pp, in the scheme of the current costs avg on Edge/Apex, it is a bargain

The math is right, but IMHO, the Serenade of the Seas isn't really comparable to Edge/Apex. 

mac_tlc

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

On Royal, if a solo cruiser was in a Junior Suite, they would immediately get to Pinnacle -- after "one" cruise. 274 nights x 3 pts/ night = 822 points

mac_tlc

Heh eheh 😆🤣 I had to laugh at the person who will actually pay 61K$ for an INSIDE cabin, when they could have an ALL INCLUSIVE LUXURY SUITE on Regent Seven Seas for the SAME price, even for a World Cruise.

Oh, well, some folk are just committed to one line.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I should have clarified my earlier post. I would only do this cruise if in a suite. I have never done an inside cabin and never plan to be in one. What a claustrophobic nightmare it would be for that length of time.

Ditto. My first rooms on Celebrity were the 192 sqft AquaClass and Concierge cabins; so now going forward I need 200 sqft, at least. I understand why people sail in Insides, but I could never do it. And RC is just crazy bat turds. They should build a new all suite only (min 300sqft)  ship for a World Cruise.

48 minutes ago, kearney said:

But think of it...if you need periodic blood work or some other normal medical treatment... not sure they handle that sort of thing...not sure. Perhaps there is a special policy beyond their annual plans for this sort of extended travel.

I wonder if they have a dentist on board? I go every 6 months to have my teeth cleaned and checked. 😉

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

The math is right, but IMHO, the Serenade of the Seas isn't really comparable to Edge/Apex. 

mac_tlc

Yes but the itinerary is really amazing.  Need to adjust my thinking cap here on this...🤠