RCCL announces World Cruise, 61 K for inside.

Bill Miller

44 minutes ago, SireDoime said:

Heh eheh 😆🤣 I had to laugh at the person who will actually pay 61K$ for an INSIDE cabin, when they could have an ALL INCLUSIVE LUXURY SUITE on Regent Seven Seas for the SAME price, even for a World Cruise.

Oh, well, some folk are just committed to one line.

why?  It is their cash and they can decide to spend it how best fits them

• Thanks 1

Several of our friends have mentioned obtaining medications and even a dentist. But lets imagine what great shore excursions these trip to the Pharmacia and Doctor Dentist might turn into.  And how about buying knock off meds? Like medical trick or treat. I love it.   

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Pinboy said:

And to think---- Hours of Marketing Dept meetings, Think Tanks, Surveys , Focus Groups , went into this and they came up with $61K's ------for an inside room . 

Why the extra $1K -- $60 K would be much more reasonable , and , if they threw in a Dinner with a Sr Officer ( 23 yr old in GR ) , now, that's a great deal. 

Pinboy , 274 nights on a ship --- in an inside room ---- $61 K ???  See Ya !!!

gonna sell fast

Getting meds shouldn't be a problem if you pay for them vs going through insurance. Most people booking this cruise should be able to get enough. There may be some issues with refrigerated meds that may expire. 

1 hour ago, SireDoime said:

Heh eheh 😆🤣 I had to laugh at the person who will actually pay 61K$ for an INSIDE cabin, when they could have an ALL INCLUSIVE LUXURY SUITE on Regent Seven Seas for the SAME price, even for a World Cruise.

The other longest cruise is 196 days on Oceania at $48,199 for an Oceanview  which averages $245.93 per night.

Edited by Plum Happy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SireDoime said:

Although I would take a hard look at luxury lines for a world cruise, it's not apples to apples. This cruise is roughly twice as long as the Regent cruises. Too long for me but it's not a bad deal overall. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

If one can afford it, their idea of value v waste varies from yours.  That cruise is going to fill up fast.

Just shows how committed folk are to RC not to see their being ripped off. 61K$ for an inside versus what Regent, Crystal, or other luxury lines offer is whacky, BUT, they aren't party ships either. They are full luxury, RC is not. My point is anyone paying 61k$ to spend 274 days for an inside room is a waste of money. But as you said, some people will pay that for an inside room, even if they only use it to sleep. I just wonder if they will get the same service and experience as the upper suite guests who pay over a 100K$.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

The other longest cruise is 196 days on Oceania.  

1 minute ago, JL87 said:

Although I would take a hard look at luxury lines for a world cruise, it's not apples to apples. This cruise is roughly twice as long as the Regent cruises. Too long for me but it's not a bad deal overall. 

Yeah I know, RC has the advantage that they have the amenities to keep there guests entertained for 6 months. Those other lines focus on the destination.

29 minutes ago, SireDoime said:

Yeah I know, RC has the advantage that they have the amenities to keep there guests entertained for 6 months. Those other lines focus on the destination.

But, do they have enough to keep them entertained for 9+ months, the length of this cruise?

14 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

But, do they have enough to keep them entertained for 9+ months, the length of this cruise?

I think the mindset on a cruise like this must be very different.  Almost making it like it is your home for quite a while and getting into a certain rhythm.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kelmac said:

I think the price is a bit high.  With all the perks, and considering the going cost of a World Cruise, I would think $41,600 would be about right for a guarantee inside cabin on Royal.  I would like to see Celebrity jump in the game, perhaps using the Millennium. It is out of the same mold as the Serenade of the Seas, but having sailed both of these ships, the recently renovated Millennium would be a much better choice.

Kel

A lot of the cost is in the extra's.  Excursions that are included are easily another 5-10k if one had to purchase them from the cruise line since several of them involve flights from the port.  Gratuities for 274 days is  another 8k.  The included drink package.  Business class air fare. It all adds up. Remove all of those and the cost of the inside would be in the 30-40k range.  It is also one of the reasons that the balcony is only 27% more than an inside.  The included extras are a substantial percentage of the costs.

Edited by nocl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nocl said:

A lot of the cost is in the extra's.  Excursions that are included are easily another 5-10k if one had to purchase them from the cruise line since several of them involve flights from the port.  Gratuities for 274 days is  another 8k.  The included drink package.  Business class air fare. It all adds up. Remove all of those and the cost of the inside would be in the 30-40k range.  It is also one of the reasons that the balcony is only 27% more than an inside.  The included extras are a substantial percentage of the costs.

I just got off the phone with RCCL.  For a 210 SF cabin, 70 SF balcony, cost is $166k, 10% discount if paid by Jan 2023, so $150K, or $273/day/pp for a 274 day cruise.  Lots included, gratuities, laundry, butler, internet, drink package.  This itinerary is really truly amazing.  A lot to like about this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

I think the mindset on a cruise like this must be very different.  Almost making it like it is your home for quite a while and getting into a certain rhythm.

Exactly. Our longest has been 30 days. Once you get into the rhythm you realize you are in your own floating condo. 

We use the gym, eat healthy, and make all of our long cruises an extension of our normal lives. I could do it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Exactly. Our longest has been 30 days. Once you get into the rhythm you realize you are in your own floating condo. 

We use the gym, eat healthy, and make all of our long cruises an extension of our normal lives. I could do it.

We are very seriously thinking about it.  Got a courtesy hold until Saturday.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

I just got off the phone with RCCL.  For a 210 SF cabin, 70 SF balcony, cost is $166k, 10% discount if paid by Jan 2023, so $150K, or $273/day/pp for a 274 day cruise.  Lots included, gratuities, laundry, butler, internet, drink package.  This itinerary is really truly amazing.  A lot to like about this.

It is certainly interesting.  To bad they could not include Angor Wat along with the other bucket list excursions. The only place I have seen a trip that hits that many major spots is the 30 day 70k around the world trip by 767 that have been offered by some of the high end travel companies.

4 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I wonder if they have a dentist on board? I go every 6 months to have my teeth cleaned and checked. 😉

Rumor has it that their dental provider is relying on people's overuse of the Deluxe Beverage Package to avoid having to stock massive quantities of novocaine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SireDoime said:

Just shows how committed folk are to RC not to see their being ripped off. 61K$ for an inside versus what Regent, Crystal, or other luxury lines offer is whacky, BUT, they aren't party ships either. They are full luxury, RC is not. My point is anyone paying 61k$ to spend 274 days for an inside room is a waste of money. But as you said, some people will pay that for an inside room, even if they only use it to sleep. I just wonder if they will get the same service and experience as the upper suite guests who pay over a 100K$.

Except in this case RCL is offering quite a bit in extra's that are similar to what the luxury lines do.  In this case business air, 7 very high value excursions, gratuities paid, drinks included.  Basically the rate is far more all inclusive (lot closer to the luxury lines) than normal.  The only real questions are what the crew ratio will be, if they are also upgrading the menu.  If they do those there will not be much difference.

The cost is largely driven by the extra's, around half of the cost is in the value of those extras'  The difference between balcony and inside is only around 22% usually the difference is more line 50-60%.

18 hours ago, slanik said:

My husband called yesterday to price out the entire journey.  A balcony room for two of us for the entire 274 days was around $166,331.64.  Not for me.  Too many days away.  I'm nervous about a cruise to Australia in 2023. After a week or so, I like to come home.

s - With that much time on the ship, the ship will be your second home!!!

Just think making your friends and neighbours jealous as you say 'we are off to our second home (around the world) for a bit... see you when we get back.'

A very unique experience, to be sure and to share...

bon voyage

16 hours ago, SireDoime said:

On the face of it, there is no comparison at all, if one is only looking at final cost for each sailing and not length of each voyage.

While I did not get into the details of the RSSC Mia to Mia RTW sailing, I did see where it is only 132 nights vs RCCL's 274...

As such it goes beyond 'Brand Loyalty' IMO... what other significant differences can you point out that outweighs ones desire to choose RCCL over RSSC other than cost?

I have not been on either ship, so cannot comment on these areas other than pricing per their respective websites.

bon voyage

16 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I wonder if they have a dentist on board? I go every 6 months to have my teeth cleaned and checked. 😉

t - were I going I would actually demand that they have a dentist aboard for this very same reason OR arrange for one in a few ports we would visit...LOL

😁

bon voyage